SHRINE - A Total Conversion Mod for Doom 2

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: SHRINE - A Total Conversion Mod for Doom 2

Postby Rex705 » Mon Jun 01, 2020 2:39 pm

Any difference between the Download version and Steam?
Rex705

Discord: Rex705
Twitch ID: Rex705

Postby Ferretmanjcdenton » Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:26 am

Hi ..any idea when shrine 2 gets released?
Ferretmanjcdenton

Discord: https://discord.gg/hRm8w97
Operating System: Other Linux ARM/PPC/etc
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Postby Jayrassic Park » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:02 pm

At the risk of thread necromancy, I have to say - Sinners are an extremely unfun and uninteresting gimmick to try and get me through the later levels as fast as possible. They deal way too much damage and are in far too many wide-open spaces. Even DooMRLA's Hungries stopped after a while.

The art and level design are extremely strong, however, and the weapons feel unique, even though they fill the same roles as Doom's.
Jayrassic Park

Discord: JayrassicPark#0894

Postby IDKrisis » Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:07 am

I decided to give this mod a try recently and noticed something odd. The weapons seem to be lowered for some reason. For example, the only part of the vile slayer shotgun that can be seen is the barrels. The rear of the gun disappears out of the bottom of the screen.
IDKrisis
Dreaming in Pixels

Postby Jayrassic Park » Tue Sep 15, 2020 6:48 pm

Just letting you know this error happened when fighting the boss in Ward of the Damned:

https://imgur.com/a/TnpCeJk

In addition, I was easily able to stunlock the boss's second phase with the Hivehand.
Jayrassic Park

Discord: JayrassicPark#0894

Postby Hellstorm Archon » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:44 pm

Jayrassic Park wrote:At the risk of thread necromancy, I have to say - Sinners are an extremely unfun and uninteresting gimmick to try and get me through the later levels as fast as possible. They deal way too much damage and are in far too many wide-open spaces. Even DooMRLA's Hungries stopped after a while.

I honestly concur 100% in regards to the Sinners. It's like what if the Doom 64 Lost Souls had the ability to respawn without ever stopping, did 2-3 times the damage of a regular Lost Soul, and pretty much turned anything past MAP07 into a mad dash for the exit because they tend to swarm a lot. Perhaps have them die permanently in the event they're killed with a certain weapon?
Hellstorm Archon
Will debase self for street cred.

Discord: Man of Doom#4046

Postby IDKrisis » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:39 am

Hellstorm Archon wrote:
Jayrassic Park wrote:At the risk of thread necromancy, I have to say - Sinners are an extremely unfun and uninteresting gimmick to try and get me through the later levels as fast as possible. They deal way too much damage and are in far too many wide-open spaces. Even DooMRLA's Hungries stopped after a while.

I honestly concur 100% in regards to the Sinners. It's like what if the Doom 64 Lost Souls had the ability to respawn without ever stopping, did 2-3 times the damage of a regular Lost Soul, and pretty much turned anything past MAP07 into a mad dash for the exit because they tend to swarm a lot. Perhaps have them die permanently in the event they're killed with a certain weapon?

I agree. Another problem is that they are almost completely silent and often use a kind of rapid-fire melee attack once they get close. The result is usually that they can sneak up on you and kill you before you even knew you were under attack. I would suggest either re-working them completely or just removing them. They add nothing but pointless frustration to the mod.
IDKrisis
Dreaming in Pixels

Postby Leglock » Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:54 am

IDKrisis wrote:
Hellstorm Archon wrote:

I agree. Another problem is that they are almost completely silent and often use a kind of rapid-fire melee attack once they get close. The result is usually that they can sneak up on you and kill you before you even knew you were under attack. I would suggest either re-working them completely or just removing them. They add nothing but pointless frustration to the mod.

I played this a couple of months back and I can't remember much of the maps, but hell, I rembember the Lost Souls getting annoying with the respawn, excesive damage, silent approach and swarm fest. I enjoyed the mod (Until Lost Souls invaded the maps), I would changed how weapons act to not be a copy from the Original Doom, but it was not bad tho. But in the latest levels, as the others mentioned before, it was a speedrun to the exit thanks to the Lost Souls Swarming you. This is a BIG issue. When I enjoy a game and then SOMETHING makes me tryning to end as fast as I can, then something went wrong. Is what happened to me, I just wanted to finish out of frustration. I will Assume eveyone played it on UV (which for most of the community, is the default difficult).

I would rework the Lost Souls, making noises and not respawning at all (or having 1 hp in exchange) and reducing in half (or even less) their damage.
Leglock

Discord: Leggo#8138
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby rgk » Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:28 am

I played SHRINE on Steam. I wasn't too fond of many weapons, as there is a lack of feedback when shooting, but the art was wonderful. I am looking forward to play SHRINE 2, you also made it free on Steam and I am happy to add these sort of gems to my virtual collection. Thank you and keep up the good work!
rgk

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects