Latest Stable Build - Build 05.1 (~22mb)
Latest Development Build
Deathmatch Simulator is a mod for GZDoom that aims to recreate the thrills and excitement of all the deathmatching you normally need to install a fork of a decade-out-of-date engine build to do. Independent scientific reports have shown that Deathmatch Simulator is capable of "simulating" a deathmatch game with "100%" "accuracy".* (However, should you turn monsters off or actually be able to start a multiplayer game, the simulation aspect will be suspended, allowing you to cheerfully enjoy true multiplayer with some new content that might have even been built with it in mind.)
- Highly realistic AI opponents** powered by the latest in machine-learning-based artificial intelligence. Watch them run, dodge, fight, avoid environmental hazards*** and even fall in love... if you play your cards right.
- A powerful arsenal adding a few twists on the classic Doom arsenal, along with a few new weapons to play with.
- A built in map pack containing a variety of classic Deathmatch maps with a few tweaks and adjustments, accompanied by a couple of new and exciting faces... with at least one lurking in the lightless space between both extremes...
- Map compatibility with most Deathmatch maps and even Skulltag maps!
New and Reasonably Different Equipment:
- Straferunning makes you move that little bit faster. If you can't reach an item or a platform, try doing a straferunning jump.
- Some monsters may be capable of crouching. When they do, not only will they be a smaller target, but autoaim won't target them.
- Rockets do 50% damage for a couple of ticks after being fired, making Quake-style Rocket Jumping a lot more viable.
FreeDM Maps - It's FreeDM but as a PWAD, without the sprites or sounds, ready to run as a Doom 2 mapset. Used for testing.
This does some pretty gnarly stuff with the engine, so expect issues! See TODO.TXT inside the PK3 to know what’s on the current agenda re: bugs and future content. While you’re at it, check out CREDITS.TXT to learn more about the fine people who did all the real work on this massive pile.
** We tricked some monsters into thinking they were people.