Deathmatch Simulator (28/04/21 - Build 05 p6)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Deathmatch Simulator (05/09/20 - Build 04 p5)

Postby Tormentor667 » Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:13 am

I am glad that this isn't dead. I am a big fan of the simulator, so keep it going please. The new features are awesome :)
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby EddieMann » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:24 pm

I love Reelism 3!
EddieMann

Postby Captain J » Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:20 pm

NULL: Anti-Social Tournament looks great.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Deathmatch Simulator (28/04/21 - Build 05 p6)

Postby Kinsie » Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:05 am

Build 5 (~22mb)

Changelog wrote:MONSTER CHANGES:
  • Added AI Redirector actors! These invisible actors will cause monsters to snap in a certain direction upon touching them under certain circumstances, allowing level designers to tell monsters to stay on bridges and walkways if need be.
  • Monsters will now actively attempt to get out of pools of water.
  • Monsters can now jump over level geometry that's too big to step up, but small enough for players to jump over.
  • Monsters will now print obituaries when killed, just like humans do. If you don't appreciate the console spam, this is togglable in the DM Sim menu.

MAP CHANGES:
  • DUST: Added an old favorite from Counter-Strike!
  • FDM03: Added AI redirectors.
  • FDM03: Added additional detail outside of the playable area.
  • FDM04: Added AI redirectors.
  • FDM05: Added AI redirectors.
  • BB3: Added AI redirectors.
  • D5M1: Re-added holiday version as D5M1X (see Misc. Changes)

WEAPON CHANGES:
  • Flamethrower: Imported updated version of Flamethrower library from Reelism 2.

MISC. CHANGES:
  • Added a CVAR to re-enable Holiday-themed content, so that I don't have to remember to shove out another release next December. You can turn on this content in the DM Sim menu. Content for other holidays may be added in the future, but probably won't.
  • Added and improved the sound clips for match stats and Gauntlet kills.
  • Added widescreen intermission border from MetaDoom.
  • Updated certain system artworks to support widescreen.
  • Fixed FDM Options not appearing in Simple Options Menu.
  • Fixed menu scaling in GZDoom v4.5.x.
  • Redesigned the Episode Select for added thematic appropriateness.
  • Fixed weapons and ammo not having proper names in UDB
  • Fixed duplicate item definitions in UDB by changing how Skulltag actors are replaced by FDM counterparts and/or removed
  • Replaced old hack for making MP items appear in single player with the nice new "SpawnMulti" skill setting flag. Hooray, engine-level functionality!
  • Fixed a bug where, when dying under certain odd circumstances, players wouldn't actually enter their death state. Plasma Rifle splash damage suicides were notorious for this.
  • Continued development of the Fake Voice Chat system. (maybe this'll ship some day)
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby morb » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:56 am

rush b
morb

Github ID: m0rb
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby undeadmonk354 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:09 am

Aah, so that's where the Fighting Dialup Team is playing.
undeadmonk354

Discord: Crazyboy88#3491

Postby Captain J » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:07 pm

The new map wasn't so lame at all! Because lameduke has the word lame on it, but it's just misreading. :P And i've enjoyed beating all the maps again, i would like to talk about some glitches plus suggestions.
Spoiler:
Overall, very neat update overall! I do hope this TC would get a lot of community maps because we need em
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Kinsie » Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:55 pm

Thanks for the feedback. To address a couple of things:
Captain J wrote:So i'm actually seeing the ninja enemy. But for some reason he's bouncing all around the battlefield and collecting all the ammo. Is he a melee enemy looking for a good moment to strike? Because i never got killed by him. The purpose is just stealing?
The ninja is an avowed pacifist, and their sole purpose in life is to steal all the items before you can use them. If you kill them, they drop any weapons they had on them. At some point I'll extend this a bit further to make them a bit more pinata-y (and more satisfying to finally nail).

I see the NPCs running around the wall and Duke is still kicking at it again. It mostly happens in FDM05 where the Icon of Sin is and the game has freshly started. I'd like to see them a bit more aggressive to each other.
Duke kicking walls is entirely intentional. It's a nod to the "Fake AI" bots in Duke3D Atomic Edition. I'm open to ways to make the monsters a bit more proactive, but it's not necessarily the easiest thing.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby Ezper » Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:04 am

I have a problem, this mod isn't compatible with LZdoom :(( my phone just lags so much when I use GZdoom (version that is compatible with DM sim) I hope this will be compatible soon. Also, I suggest making it mod friendly, for example, being able to use Call Of Doom weapon mod. Thanks!
Ezper

Discord: Ezper#5878
Operating System: Other OS Not Listed Here
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Postby StraightWhiteMan » Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:00 pm

This is really fun to play with the Bourgeois Deathmatch Megawad, but it doesn't spawn the Additional weapons when doing so. Still extremely fun though and recommend everyone giving it a shot.
StraightWhiteMan

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects