Deathmatch Simulator - This Mod Has Moved. See OP For Details.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Torturephile
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [WIP Release] Deathmatch Simulator (6/11 - Build 01)

Post by Torturephile »

Sounds like a fun project. Will give it a go. I just noticed that the cover is based off from this:

Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Gave it a try and I really love it :) Is there a chance for more characters of more different classic games?
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Tormentor667 wrote:Gave it a try and I really love it :) Is there a chance for more characters of more different classic games?
More monsters are definitely gonna happen. The next two on my platter will be a monster that keeps "lagging out" and an imitation of the awful bots from Duke3D Atomic Edition.
GENTEK

[WIP Release] Deathmatch Simulator (6/11 - Build 01)

Post by GENTEK »

Pretty fast and funny! :)
Xim

Post by Xim »

That was a great play. Looking forward to more progress on this!

I like how you did the flamethrower, it seems more like how a flamethrower would have been like in classic Doom.
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Hello friends.

I haven't touched this since I shipped Build 01 since I rapidly oscillate between "fatally lazy" and "having a life", but after notable ALF historian and fellow ZDoomer Zero X Diamond streamed the mod today I decided to act on a bunch of feedback I've received since launch. All this stuff's in the GitHub in the OP if you wanna mess with it.

First off, the pistol has been thrown in the trash, where it belongs, and replaced with the Machinegun. A more traditional Chaingun has been added to fill the void.

Secondly, you can now adjust the starting frag limit, and the amount it's increased each map, in the DM Sim Options menu. This is great if you're playing a WAD that only has one map and you want it to last more than thirty seconds.

Thirdly, I've added a "time extension" system where your starting amount of time is increased a little bit every few maps. Again, this is configurable in the DM Sim Options menu.

Finally, a bunch of stuff now has GLDefs definitions. Woo!

Again, a massive thanks to everyone who's provided feedback! Your comments, whether positive or negative, are why I make mods.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Awesome, thanks for progressing on this :)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I finally gave this a go last week, and had enough fun with the included maps that I decided to go grab Espi's Narcosis.wad to test with it as well. It handled that pretty well, frag limit aside, so I'm glad to hear that you added an option to increase that.
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

Based on what I've played, I'd say you're onto something. This is a really fun mod. Dare I say it's Hard?

But anywho, my score for the current build is a whopping 5/5!
VecterStroke

Post by VecterStroke »

One Suggestion I have:

Replace the chaingun with a semi auto rifle.
Maybe add a blaster to slot 1
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

A new version is on the horizon, with a slight arsenal shakeup, two new monsters, one new map, some new customization options and some new tweaks and improvements. If anyone's willing to try the Github build and provide feedback, I'd be grateful!
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I can't wait for that - really looking forward. I don't know why but it somehow gave me that old Skulltag vibes back :)
Ozymandias81

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Kinsie wrote:A new version is on the horizon, with a slight arsenal shakeup, two new monsters, one new map, some new customization options and some new tweaks and improvements. If anyone's willing to try the Github build and provide feedback, I'd be grateful!
This looks pretty interesting and since I always loved Skulltag, mainly because I didn't had any internet connection until 2014... So many battles with bots, I also had a huge file with custom skins coming from countless games (pity that Skulltag supported only 127 skins, guess we have still that limit on Zandronum too) with custom sounds and other stuff. If I get to have some free time between BoA and BlooM development, I'll surely give this a go. Meanwhile cloned on my local git folder 8-)
IvanDobrovski

Post by IvanDobrovski »

Is this a jokewad because deathmatch isn't anything like this.
Redead-ITA

Post by Redead-ITA »

Would be cool to see a difficulty option in the style of a server browser and for each it basically limits the spawns of certain bots or changes how the game is played:
Spoiler: list of examples

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”