BRUTAL MINECRAFT DOOM MOD (abbr.BM)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
DOOMFOREVER7Z

BRUTAL MINECRAFT DOOM MOD (abbr.BM)

Post by DOOMFOREVER7Z »

BRUTAL MINECRAFT (abbr.BM) - modification, developed on the engine, Doom-and. Mod different from any other style of game Minecraft. This is a version with support for single player and co-op game types. Description below.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpWBmSFDM_4[/youtube]

Main features of fashion:
1) full 3D: 97% of mods are models (monsters, weapons, scenery, items, ammo, etc.) the remaining 3% are visuals.
2) more complex monsters: most monsters will Dodge the player's shots while having special types of attacks and defenses against the player.
3) 25 types of different weapons: from the simplest pistols to large-caliber rifles.
(sword and bow inclusive)
4) worked levels:
9 maps made in the appropriate style of Minecraft with different locations (house, abandoned fortress, cave, crypt, city, mansion, hell dungeon, bridge of souls, the main portal, the infected city)
and the ability to move freely between them.
/ p. s.some levels produce sound during intense encounters with the undead.
5) plenty of zombies and other monsters: now you do not have to shoot the same type of zombies in your game can appear any of the 825 (properties are the same(in this release) but with different textures, which gives a good visual effect)
other monsters: (hereinafter "() " type)
Skeleton with bow(1), vines(10), zombies with machine gun(1), zombies with gun(1), ghasts(5), Libra(3), zombies in armor(1), Vredina(1), boss (2).
-========-
What is planned in the next release?
- New monsters, campaigns, weapons
- complete dismemberment of all monsters
- stockpiling
-========-
game modes-single player, co-op, multiplayer
-========-
Zandronum and as support
-========-
the beta version includes mappack specially created for different modes.
-========-
There is support for the first and second Duma in the cooperative (works without mapaca)
-========-
Special optimization for low-end PC (use Zandronum)
-========-
beta version 2.0
-========-
skdursh

Re: BRUTAL MINECRAFT DOOM MOD (abbr.BM)

Post by skdursh »

This mod topic belongs in the total conversion subforum (viewforum.php?f=19) and requires a direct-link to the mod as well as either some gameplay footage or screenshots of the mod in action.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Here's a fixed video link:

...which had a download link in the description.
DifficultyGuy

Post by DifficultyGuy »

Nice work, it reminds me of the left 4 dead minecraft mods.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Looks pretty good. Any chance you can upload just the pk3/wad files needed to run the mod with GZDoom instead of or as well as the mod+zandronium+gzdoom bundle? Tried to pull the files I thought I'd probably need out and run it with the version of GZDoom I already have installed, but I ended up just missing a lot of textures.
Someone64

Post by Someone64 »

When you start that game with sv_cheats enabled which I do have enabled with my launcher by default so I can enable jumping and crouching for maps that impose a no jumping and crouching rule, the game instakills you with the messages "Not do this." and "You're a pig :/". Insulting the player for playing how they want to and instakilling them for it is pretty stupid and I also couldn't even figure out why this was happening for a while because the messages don't actually say this is why.

Besides this, I think this is a really well done TC despite the really shoddy forum OP and being a BD based mod, which really lowered my expectations. I can see a lot of effort was put into the mod itself and it plays really damn well.

Besides this my only complaint is that the font, spacing, and color of it make it painfully hard to read and it really needs to be rectified. I'm talking about the message and log font in particular. I also think the gun butt melee attacks and the kick attack should have a bit more range and actually cause knockback rather than doing minor damage to the enemy and nothing else. This includes the fist weapon as I feel it's even more useless than the gun butt attacks.

EDIT: Wow creepers are some absolute trial and error bullshit. They need to be slower and less tanky (they already have little health but 2 shots to kill one that moves that fast is unfair).

EDIT2: dual M1911s have 12 instead of 14 max capacity.
androdf
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by androdf »

"Mom, I want minecraft."
"We have minecraft at home."
Minecraft at home

But all jokes aside, its pretty good
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

I do like the game, but the early game has a distinct lack of ammo that makes it artifically hard. A few more drops would probalby fix this, or it could be my own dumb fault. I was just wondering if this was a thing that could be tweaked a litlte. I was playing on normal
Wisecrack34

Post by Wisecrack34 »

Would it be possible to separate the maps, monsters and weapons? I'd love to try it out with Trailblazer or Hideous Destructor for that power fantasy in minecraft, or do the opposite and play through colorful doom as steve with guns :D

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”