MOTI 2.0 Story-Driven TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: MOTI 2.0 Story-Driven TC

Postby WojtTheDoomer » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:32 am

Everyone interested in trhe project - a new major update, fixing almost all the bugs you told me about. It's called the Release Candidate, because im not really that sure what else can I add before releasing the mod to the public.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ypgoylmwl ... 1.pk3/file

Anymore bug/balance issue reports are more than welcome.
User avatar
WojtTheDoomer
 
Joined: 02 Apr 2017
Location: Poland

Re: MOTI 2.0 Story-Driven TC

Postby Korell » Tue Jan 21, 2020 5:56 pm

Just tried this out and it looks like it may retire the fixed version of the original MOTI that I helped you with way back when with the issues with some sprite names and the keys, the ammunition usage of the revolver and shotgun and the MAPINFO file.

However, there are two points I have noticed (having only played through the first map). The first is that there is no longer a statusbar, so you have to use a full screen HUD, but this does not have any indicators for keys that you have picked up. And secondly, the guns now have a reloading animation after a number of shots, but there is no way to manually reload them. This meant that I often ended up facing an enemy and tried to shoot them but instead had to wait for a reload to take place. When I compared it to the original MOTI, the pistol at least had no reload animation, it would just keep firing.
User avatar
Korell
 
Joined: 28 May 2017

Re: MOTI 2.0 Story-Driven TC

Postby WojtTheDoomer » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:07 am

Korell wrote:Just tried this out and it looks like it may retire the fixed version of the original MOTI that I helped you with way back when with the issues with some sprite names and the keys, the ammunition usage of the revolver and shotgun and the MAPINFO file.

However, there are two points I have noticed (having only played through the first map). The first is that there is no longer a statusbar, so you have to use a full screen HUD, but this does not have any indicators for keys that you have picked up. And secondly, the guns now have a reloading animation after a number of shots, but there is no way to manually reload them. This meant that I often ended up facing an enemy and tried to shoot them but instead had to wait for a reload to take place. When I compared it to the original MOTI, the pistol at least had no reload animation, it would just keep firing.


You actually can manually reload using the alt-fire key.
User avatar
WojtTheDoomer
 
Joined: 02 Apr 2017
Location: Poland

Re: MOTI 2.0 Story-Driven TC

Postby Korell » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:03 am

WojtTheDoomer wrote:
Korell wrote:Just tried this out and it looks like it may retire the fixed version of the original MOTI that I helped you with way back when with the issues with some sprite names and the keys, the ammunition usage of the revolver and shotgun and the MAPINFO file.

However, there are two points I have noticed (having only played through the first map). The first is that there is no longer a statusbar, so you have to use a full screen HUD, but this does not have any indicators for keys that you have picked up. And secondly, the guns now have a reloading animation after a number of shots, but there is no way to manually reload them. This meant that I often ended up facing an enemy and tried to shoot them but instead had to wait for a reload to take place. When I compared it to the original MOTI, the pistol at least had no reload animation, it would just keep firing.


You actually can manually reload using the alt-fire key.


Ah, alt-fire. I was using the reload key binding within GZDoom. I'll see how that works out later when I'm back home.

EDIT: The alt-fire works fine, and I can bind my usual reload key to it so that I can activate it with either the key or the right mouse button. Great! :)
Last edited by Korell on Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Korell
 
Joined: 28 May 2017

Re: MOTI 2.0 Story-Driven TC

Postby skdursh » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:49 am

Finally started playing through this again with the newest build. Enjoying everything for the most part, the aesthetic is gorgeous and the world looks well thought out, although I feel like this mod has a huge issue with invisible walls. Even in areas that are part of the core progress route there are invisible walls over railings and other geometry that you should by all logical means be able to pass over. I hate invisible walls. Most people I think hate invisible walls. I think it would be in the best interest of the final release for you to go back through the game and find all the obscene instances of invisible walls within the intended play area and please, GET. RID. OF. THEM.

Also, there is no indicator for which keys you have picked up, there is lots of things used to block passages like spiderwebs which make no sense as to why our hero cannot simply walk through them, why have an axe if you can't cut through boarded up passages, lots of areas that seem like they should have something but do not reward exploration and why, oh WHY is the map fully revealed by default?

In any case, besides these issues I'm quite enjoying the mod so far and look forward to the final release and any future work.
skdursh
 
Joined: 03 Jul 2019

Re: MOTI 2.0 Story-Driven TC

Postby Korell » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:27 pm

skdursh wrote:why, oh WHY is the map fully revealed by default?


For me the map isn't completely revealed by default. I was able to test this with the IDDT cheat and it showed additional areas when activated that I hadn't yet explored.

But yes, I agree with you regarding the lack of key indicators and some of the invisible walls are a bit jarring.
User avatar
Korell
 
Joined: 28 May 2017

Re: MOTI 2.0 Story-Driven TC

Postby WojtTheDoomer » Thu Feb 06, 2020 8:34 am

I am really excited to anounce that I am going to work on all 10 levels and improve them even more, because i got many ideas on how to do so, maybe i'll even include more secrets.

I also plan on making all the invisible walls you people told me about far more "visible", f.e. by including some sort of blockade in where they are present, and make the world seem far more "alive".
User avatar
WojtTheDoomer
 
Joined: 02 Apr 2017
Location: Poland

Re: MOTI 2.0 Story-Driven TC

Postby WojtTheDoomer » Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:47 am

I am deeply sorry that the mod is not out yet - I got one plan for doing something with it tho.

I plan on completely re-doing the first map - make a new one from scratch, to really make it shine, make it amazing, because I want the first map to be just perfect in every possible way. I got the whole layout, enemy placement, puzzles and everything planned out, but it would take some time to make it all work.
User avatar
WojtTheDoomer
 
Joined: 02 Apr 2017
Location: Poland

Re: MOTI 2.0 Story-Driven TC

Postby WojtTheDoomer » Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:36 am

The complete re-making of the first level begun, so far im quite proud of how far more realistic and "liveable" im making this feel. It will be amazing, i hope.
User avatar
WojtTheDoomer
 
Joined: 02 Apr 2017
Location: Poland

Re: MOTI 2.0 Story-Driven TC

Postby skdursh » Sun Feb 09, 2020 2:55 pm

One thing that really annoyed me about the first level was the invisible wall on the fence in the outdoor seating area of the restaurant. There is no reason you shouldn't be able to just go over that little fence especially with the added height of the tables and chairs to assist you. Just wanted to mention that so that in-case you might be interested in fixing/altering it. Besides that everything looks good and I did have a lot of fun with the wad all said.
skdursh
 
Joined: 03 Jul 2019

Re: MOTI 2.0 Story-Driven TC

Postby WojtTheDoomer » Mon Feb 10, 2020 8:12 am

Some people complained that doors that can't be opened and are just for decoration aren't marked. So as long as it fits, non-openable doors will have padlocks like these on them:

User avatar
WojtTheDoomer
 
Joined: 02 Apr 2017
Location: Poland

Re: MOTI 2.0 Story-Driven TC

Postby gennoveus » Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:15 am

This mod is shaping up to be something really special. Looking forward to playing the complete build
gennoveus
 
Joined: 24 Sep 2017

Re: MOTI 2.0 Story-Driven TC

Postby WojtTheDoomer » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:52 am

I was bored, and I was thinking - what does MOTI need to make it's world seem more realistic and liveable? And then it hit me - furniture! So I decided to have some fun with spriting and did these custom furniture textures:



Of course there will be some more, these are just a preview. I gotta admit I really like doing custom textures, so expect more of them to appear as time goes on.
User avatar
WojtTheDoomer
 
Joined: 02 Apr 2017
Location: Poland

Re: MOTI 2.0 Story-Driven TC

Postby WojtTheDoomer » Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:28 am

With great pride I present to you snapshots from the Ultimate MAP01 "Beach", the way I always wanted to make it - a small beachside islander town, overrun by Revolta, with several Revolta outposts! It will include absolutely re-worked Revolta Outpost & it's mine, and Alice's house, complete with the secret entrance to the caves, while also being simpler to navigate!



I also plan on heavily modifying some enemies in a purely cosmetic manner, including new quotes for the Psychics and the heavily under-developed melee thugs, and maybe even adding a new enemy. I'll keep the newcomer a secret, so that you won't expect them when they'll eventually show up... Im not telling where first either!
User avatar
WojtTheDoomer
 
Joined: 02 Apr 2017
Location: Poland

Re: MOTI 2.0 Story-Driven TC

Postby WojtTheDoomer » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:24 am

I am sad to announce that the mod's development process has ben once again damaged, this time due to an error that happened while developing. Because of it, the newly revamped halfway-finished MAP01 got deleted. Do not worry however - I'll start over and do it even better this time.

Luckily i still posess the plans and "blueprints" for the MAP01 revamp and Im going to work on it no matter what, don't worry!
User avatar
WojtTheDoomer
 
Joined: 02 Apr 2017
Location: Poland

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: doomg1337fuck, Itschristian, Viscont23 and 5 guests