MOTI 2.0 Story-Driven TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
gennoveus

Re: MOTI 2.0 Story-Driven TC

Post by gennoveus »

WojtTheDoomer wrote:I am sad to announce that the mod's development process has ben once again damaged, this time due to an error that happened while developing. Because of it, the newly revamped halfway-finished MAP01 got deleted. Do not worry however - I'll start over and do it even better this time.

Luckily i still posess the plans and "blueprints" for the MAP01 revamp and Im going to work on it no matter what, don't worry!
Please see my previous post on using version control systems. It's the last post of the first page of this thread (after you lost data last time). Using a version control system isn't complicated, it's free, and will save you from this sort of trouble.

I work as an indie developer and my entire livelihood relies on my data being safe and being able to roll back to previous versions of files in the event of data loss or an overwrite. I do these sorts of mistakes all the time but version control tools come to the rescue every time. Please look into it as it would be very sad if anything major happened to your wonderful project.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Very impressive and fancy TC you've got there. Can't wait to see it finished.
WojtTheDoomer

Post by WojtTheDoomer »

In just one day I managed to re-build the revamped MAP01 to the state it was left in before the error, and improve it!

Now onto making the second part of it, featuring all the famous MOTI MAP01 elements, with the house and the Revolta outpost/mine.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Good work! Glad to see you were able to recreate the lost content :mrgreen:
WojtTheDoomer

Post by WojtTheDoomer »

The newly redesigned MAP01 Is finished, and thus im officially on the last stretch of finishing the mod at last - retexturing and fixing all 10 maps. Once that is done, i'll playtest through the wad, and release it!
gennoveus

Post by gennoveus »

WojtTheDoomer wrote:The newly redesigned MAP01 Is finished, and thus im officially on the last stretch of finishing the mod at last - retexturing and fixing all 10 maps. Once that is done, i'll playtest through the wad, and release it!
Nice! I can't wait to play it
WojtTheDoomer

Post by WojtTheDoomer »

The ultimate version is done - the only thing left to do in this mod is to see what people think when playing it, fixing it, and then i'll release it, grab the latest Release Candidate version here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/yl6mqqm1e ... 2.pk3/file

It features the new and improved, much simpler MAP01 - I realized the original MAP01 was a bit convoluted, so I simpled it down and made it look better, at least I think I did.
Talon1024

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Talon1024 »

Here's my feedback so far:

The DSSWTCHX sound on the menu plays twice for some reason.

On MAP01, it seems like the hint about not shooting the civilians isn't there any more like it was in the previous release candidate.

On MAP02, some of the keys are in the wrong spots. I was able to find the crooked key and open up Hammer's office without having to go upstairs.
There's also a door that cannot be opened, and a secret area which I wasn't able to find out how to get to. I'd suggest having the door to the secret area open up once you've picked up the key to Hammer's office.
Also, there seems to be no health pickups in the area where you find the boat.

On MAP03 (actually MAP04) in the underground areas, there were some walls that I could apparently walk through, behind which were sloped floors. I encountered this weird problem before when DoomJuan was working on a map for WolfenDoom: Blade of Agony, and some of the sectors' floors were above their ceilings, or vice versa, which caused GZDoom to display walls.

On MAP04 (actually MAP05), I'd like to know where you got the BIELUCH track from. I think it would fit one of the new maps in WolfenDoom: Blade of Agony chapter 3 well.

On MAP07, there is a door that opens up to nothingness.

Why are there boxes of bullets lying around if there's no gun that uses them?

Some of the weapons' icons, such as the icon for the double-barrel shotgun, make their ammo count very hard to see on the HUD.

BTW, what is the titular "Mystery" if the psychic guy just fills you in on the situation right from the get go?
WojtTheDoomer

Post by WojtTheDoomer »

Talon1024 wrote:On MAP04 (actually MAP05), I'd like to know where you got the BIELUCH track from. I think it would fit one of the new maps in WolfenDoom: Blade of Agony chapter 3 well.?

BIELUCH is a track from Resident Evil 3's soundtrack, and it's called The Disused Plant.
gennoveus

Post by gennoveus »

Feedback for map 1:

You can walk through the plants here and out of the level bounds.

You can walk between all these buildings and get hit up against a very abrupt skybox wall. Not a bug so much but feels like you aren't supposed to be able to.

This fence isn't solid and you can walk right through it, leading to outside the level bounds.

Otherwise it seems like a huge improvement over the last build I played. The reloading mechanic removes the only real frustration I was having, and it's great that there are no longer so many invisible walls. I'll let you know about anything else I find as I make more progress. It's great fun!
WojtTheDoomer

Post by WojtTheDoomer »

gennoveus wrote:Feedback for map 1:

You can walk through the plants here and out of the level bounds.

You can walk between all these buildings and get hit up against a very abrupt skybox wall. Not a bug so much but feels like you aren't supposed to be able to.

This fence isn't solid and you can walk right through it, leading to outside the level bounds.

Otherwise it seems like a huge improvement over the last build I played. The reloading mechanic removes the only real frustration I was having, and it's great that there are no longer so many invisible walls. I'll let you know about anything else I find as I make more progress. It's great fun!

All fixed! Seems like the skybox wall was caused by the floor being higher than the ceiling, as I was able to deduce through your screenshots, now they're all done.
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Hi there ..for which version is this mod ...cause in the first map second room or outside area is a red explanationmark ...
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Very impressive and immersive TC. I love the tropical and tribal feeling into it and the overall detail on the maps are stellar. Since i enjoyed this a lot, i would like to make some suggestions:
Spoiler: Click here!
Holy jesus h christ... It was a looooong trip. This TC is very immersive, large and fantastic. And of course, there were some problems that just can't be missed.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:Hi there ..for which version is this mod ...cause in the first map second room or outside area is a red explanationmark ...
You're playing on an old build. The download on the first page is way out of date. Look a little bit above your post for the most recent release.
WojtTheDoomer

Post by WojtTheDoomer »

Captain J wrote:Very impressive and immersive TC. I love the tropical and tribal feeling into it and the overall detail on the maps are stellar. Since i enjoyed this a lot, i would like to make some suggestions.
Thank you so much for the feedback! I really wanted someone to do a very, very extensive list of all the bugs and errors they could find so I could fix them all, thank you, im making to-fix list as im writing this!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”