Doom: The Golden Souls 3 - Demo 2 out | Story Trailer out!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Doom: The Golden Souls 3 - Demo 2 out | Story Trailer ou

Postby Batandy » Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:03 pm

dragomir wrote:When i load this mode,i see a colorless level.Using latest GZdoom.

I don't exactly understand what you mean, I'd need more info to help you, try playing the game with a fresh install of Gzdoom with no existing config whatsoever.
Batandy
"If it's not fun, why bother?"

Postby dragomir » Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:30 am

Game start from a tutorial level,which teaches various jump method and flying kick,This level does not have any color or any texture.After completing tutorial i came to a town and it has color but some texture are missing and instead placeholder written shows.
dragomir

Postby Batandy » Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:18 am

dragomir wrote:Game start from a tutorial level,which teaches various jump method and flying kick,This level does not have any color or any texture.After completing tutorial i came to a town and it has color but some texture are missing and instead placeholder written shows.

-Make sure to be running this mod alone without any extra mods
-Make sure to have Doom2.wad loaded along with the mod
-Make sure to have models enabled and be running the game on OpenGL or Vulkan

Again, as I said before I highly recommend just grabbing a fresh install of Gzdoom without any pre-existing config whatsoever and see what happens
Batandy

Postby Pompous Seed » Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:29 am

I'm having significant lag issues. Changing the rendering API, render mode and resolution scale didn't affect anything. I have the rendering quality set to "speed" in the hardware rendering options, and I'm also not using any post-processing effects, multi-sampling or anti-aliasing. The strangest part is, when I pause the game everything appears to be normal (windmills spinning smoothly, etc.), but when I resume... the game is unplayable.

Spoiler: Specs
Pompous Seed

Postby Batandy » Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:55 am

Pompous Seed wrote:I'm having significant lag issues. Changing the rendering API, render mode and resolution scale didn't affect anything. I have the rendering quality set to "speed" in the hardware rendering options, and I'm also not using any post-processing effects, multi-sampling or anti-aliasing. The strangest part is, when I pause the game everything appears to be normal (windmills spinning smoothly, etc.), but when I resume... the game is unplayable.

Spoiler: Specs

Please try
1) Wiping the gzdoom config clean just to make sure, I've had slowdowns caused by keeping the same config with different versions
2) In Options/Golden Souls 3 Options > set Extra Light Effects to 0 and see if the performance improves, it should be set to 1 by default (and 2 is the "eyecandy benchmark" mode)
Batandy

Postby Pompous Seed » Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:33 pm

Ah yes, wiping the config did the trick. Thank you!
Pompous Seed

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects