Doom: The Golden Souls 3 - Demo 2 out | Story Trailer out!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Doom: The Golden Souls 3 - Demo 1 OUT!

Postby Batandy » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:51 am

Scuba Steve wrote:Please just tell me there are little secret weapons to unlock just like GS2.

There are some surprises coming! It'll feel really rewarding to collect all the Big Coins this time!

And speaking of which, it's gonna be real easy to keep track of all the collectibles this time:
You'll be able to check the progress of every level at once by checking this board in Limbotropolis!
Granted, the final version will look much fancier, this is a prototype.
Batandy
"If it's not fun, why bother?"

Postby Xcillium » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:59 am

Hey Batandy

Keep doing gods work on GS3, I am very much looking forward to it.

GS1 and GS2 were some of the most fun gaming experiences i've had in recent years!

Good luck!
Xcillium

Postby JuliusKoolius » Sat May 02, 2020 6:07 pm

So I am currently making my own weapon rip of the Golden Souls mods, (I would release it, if I were to get permission) and I have been getting this problem with something called GSRELOADER and the weapon just loops the reload state, and the funny thing is, is that it is only affecting the Handgun, Lever Shotgun, and Cupid, which means that the Hunting Shotgun is working perfectly fine so could you/someone else tell me what the problem is?
JuliusKoolius
But... Why?

Postby JuliusKoolius » Sun May 03, 2020 12:18 pm

Never mind, I have just fixed it, but I would still like to know if I can release it, I would definitely credit you.
JuliusKoolius
But... Why?

Postby Batandy » Mon May 04, 2020 12:52 am

JuliusKoolius wrote:Never mind, I have just fixed it, but I would still like to know if I can release it, I would definitely credit you.

Hey, yeah, if you make it clear that it’s stuff from GS2 you’re good to go.
Batandy

Postby JuliusKoolius » Mon May 04, 2020 12:56 am

Batandy wrote:
JuliusKoolius wrote:Never mind, I have just fixed it, but I would still like to know if I can release it, I would definitely credit you.

Hey, yeah, if you make it clear that it’s stuff from GS2 you’re good to go.

Ok, thanks!
JuliusKoolius
But... Why?

Postby Captain J » Mon May 04, 2020 2:31 am

So are you going to make a mod featuring all GS weapons? That might be cool. But consider making a thread for it.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby JuliusKoolius » Mon May 04, 2020 2:41 am

Captain J wrote:So are you going to make a mod featuring all GS weapons? That might be cool. But consider making a thread for it.

I considered it, but the thing is that the weapons from GS1 and GS2 would look kinda weird together, (mainly because of difference in quality) and I think I will make one for GS3 and add those weapons to it mainly because they would all look similar to the quality of GS2’s weapons. But I see what you mean so I might make the GS1’s weapons as it’s own thing/addon.
JuliusKoolius
But... Why?

Postby Batandy » Mon May 04, 2020 9:45 am

JuliusKoolius wrote:
Captain J wrote:So are you going to make a mod featuring all GS weapons? That might be cool. But consider making a thread for it.

I considered it, but the thing is that the weapons from GS1 and GS2 would look kinda weird together, (mainly because of difference in quality) and I think I will make one for GS3 and add those weapons to it mainly because they would all look similar to the quality of GS2’s weapons. But I see what you mean so I might make the GS1’s weapons as it’s own thing/addon.

It's still to be decided, but taking GS3 assets is off-limits for now. Compared to 2, there's a lot of resources I made from scratch including about 60-70% of the loadout and I don't know if I wanna see this kinda stuff used in other projects.
Batandy

Postby Captain J » Mon May 04, 2020 10:06 am

Oooh krut. I already know that GS3 is still being made, but i forgot to mention that you should not include GS3 weapons to your mod project unless Batandy says it's fine to do so.

Not doing certain thing until you ask a permission or wait for further notice - It's technically an etiquette. I've seen some accidents like Ion Fury(aka Bomeshell) one.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby JuliusKoolius » Mon May 04, 2020 11:14 am

Captain J wrote:Oooh krut. I already know that GS3 is still being made, but i forgot to mention that you should not include GS3 weapons to your mod project unless Batandy says it's fine to do so.

Not doing certain thing until you ask a permission or wait for further notice - It's technically an etiquette. I've seen some accidents like Ion Fury(aka Bomeshell) one.

Good I didn’t mess with them yet
JuliusKoolius
But... Why?

Postby Batandy » Mon May 04, 2020 1:14 pm

Captain J wrote:Oooh krut. I already know that GS3 is still being made, but i forgot to mention that you should not include GS3 weapons to your mod project unless Batandy says it's fine to do so.

Hey J, can I ask you not to answer in my place to people here? I already explained to him that I wasn't sure about letting people use GS3 assets, there's no need to lecture him about that.
Last edited by Batandy on Mon May 04, 2020 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Batandy

Postby Captain J » Mon May 04, 2020 7:05 pm

I got carried away. It felt like i forgot something. I had to mention it, but i should've had edit my previous post. Sorry.
Last edited by Captain J on Mon May 04, 2020 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby JuliusKoolius » Mon May 04, 2020 7:17 pm

Just in case anyone cares, I have released the mod!
JuliusKoolius
But... Why?

Postby Batandy » Thu May 14, 2020 9:08 am

Introducing a brand new collectible item!

Additionally, you can now check the amount of Golden Souls, Big Coins and Trophies you've collected through the automap!
Batandy

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects