Doom: The Golden Souls 3 - Demo 2 out | Story Trailer out!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Doom: The Golden Souls 3 - Demo 1 OUT!

Postby Batandy » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:42 am

After a bunch of Twitter polls, I've decided to turn ammo, health and pickup sprites into 3d Models!
See them in motion here:
https://twitter.com/Batandy_/status/1196377042343858176
Batandy
"If it's not fun, why bother?"

Postby Tartlman » Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:13 am

Batandy wrote:After a bunch of Twitter polls, I've decided to turn ammo, health and pickup sprites into 3d Models!
See them in motion here:
https://twitter.com/Batandy_/status/1196377042343858176

Looks great!

Seeing as how the coins worked out pretty well, i'm hoping this won't impact performance too much. I also feel like maybe there should be an option to turn specifically health/ammo models off - models would probably make them stand out less in combat, which while it's completely fine with something as mundane as coins, could be an issue with health an ammo.
Tartlman
i dont even know what any of this code does

Discord: bogus#2947
Github ID: boogiebogus

Postby Batandy » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:00 am

Tartlman wrote:
Seeing as how the coins worked out pretty well, i'm hoping this won't impact performance too much. I also feel like maybe there should be an option to turn specifically health/ammo models off - models would probably make them stand out less in combat, which while it's completely fine with something as mundane as coins, could be an issue with health an ammo.

It's actually kind of the opposite, they stand out more now. It's the reason why I decided to overhaul all the pickups, now they rotate and float, they are not static sprites that might be easy to miss behind a bush or some grass (I got some reports of people having trouble spotting pickups in the demo and wanted to address it.)
Batandy

Postby Batandy » Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:13 am

New video! It's a general overview of this mod!
Batandy

Postby Frozsoul » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:22 pm

This is looking amazing, can't wait to try out the next demo!
Frozsoul

Discord: 2779

Postby 0.1 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 9:14 pm

I can't wait for the full game although Golden Souls mods take a lot of time to make so I don't expect it till at least mid to late 2021.

Postby Captain J » Sun Jan 26, 2020 3:37 am

Godspeed, Batandy!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby MajorFoley » Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:09 am

I really really cannot wait for this after just beating the golden souls 2 on Soaring comet. I really loved the demo and the 2nd fire mode ability for the pistol.Although for the demo i found crouch jump a bit finicky. Although i guess i never let the crouch finish before pressing the jump button sort of like Half life.
Question with the dynamic ammo. When you get new weapons and you go back to levels you said there would be ammo. Does this take the place of some other ammo like it might have been pistol ammo first but then becomes shotgun or rifle ammo instead?
MajorFoley

Postby Batandy » Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:54 am

MajorFoley wrote:I really really cannot wait for this after just beating the golden souls 2 on Soaring comet. I really loved the demo and the 2nd fire mode ability for the pistol.Although for the demo i found crouch jump a bit finicky. Although i guess i never let the crouch finish before pressing the jump button sort of like Half life.
Question with the dynamic ammo. When you get new weapons and you go back to levels you said there would be ammo. Does this take the place of some other ammo like it might have been pistol ammo first but then becomes shotgun or rifle ammo instead?

No, new ammo will not replace existing ammo, they'll spawn in other spots on the map, think of it as an "ammo filter" where there's a set placement for a certain kind of ammo, but that only spawns if you've got the weapon that uses it.

For the crouch jump, press crouch first and then jump, you can also keep the crouch key pressed and only tap jump as you land to keep chaining longjumps. The tutorial's guide incorrectly states that you have to press both at the same time, my bad.
Batandy

Postby Batandy » Thu Mar 19, 2020 5:55 am

Introducing the Thunderstriker!
You've been asking for a BFG-tier weapon for a while, and I'm happy to deliver this time! :)
Batandy

Postby Captain J » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:10 am

Thanks for adding awesome reload animation for that auto shotgun. I guess my suggestion really worked, eh?

And by the way, that lighting arc looks super tall. I guess it could hurt enemies below and above at the same time? Or it's just fancy effect? Looks nice, tho!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Re: Doom: The Golden Souls 3 - New version of Demo 1 release

Postby Batandy » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:59 am

Demo 1 Updated!

This is an updated version of the Demo I've released previously, with new additions and improvements to the gameplay from the main branch, including the long jump tutorial finally explained properly!

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/file/j8b4rn1yg ... emo_V2.zip

Code: Select allExpand view
Golden Souls Demo V2

*Merged with changes from the main branch, this includes:

GENERAL

*After obtaining a Golden Soul, you will know if it's still possible to collect other souls in the mission you're playing.
*Slayer Coins' general location is now on the automap
*Gibbed enemies drop armor
*Every pickup is now a 3D model
*Several new extreme death animations for the monsters
*Doomguys sprites and animations completed
*Custom fanfare for when you obtain a Golden Soul

WEAPONS

*Added bullet casings
*Added wall decals
*Added screen shake when firing (can be disabled in the options)
*Consistent weapon behaviors
*Raygun Alt Fire is now fully functional
*Over And Under Shotgun is not hitscan anymore, but fires bullet tracers
*Fixed Over and Under's firing animations not displaying correctly
*Extra smoke particles after ejecting shells

LEVEL

*Tutorial section now has a more correct explanation of how the Long Jump works (sorry!)
*Windmill Acres now has several extra ambient sound effects
*Doubled the resolution of Windmill Acres' sky
*Fixed certain pit areas in Windmill Acres not teleporting the player back (or killing him on hard)

I might have missed something, but that's because the mod has gone through a lot of changes since the first demo.

Have fun!
Batandy

Postby Batandy » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:33 pm

In a desperate world, only one man can make a difference...
Batandy

Postby Jarewill » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:28 am

....Took me a while to realise what it was.
Didn't know Hideo Kojima was on this forum.

Still, I'm very looking forwards to seeing Golden Souls 3 complete!
1 and 2 were a blast to play through, so I can't wait to see what you have in store this time.
Especially since I didn't expect to see "those" imps working in a restaurant when I played the demo.

And the demo was updated too? Well, I have to check it out again then!
"*Tutorial section now has a more correct explanation of how the Long Jump works (sorry!)"
I had a lot of problems executing it when I played it.
Mostly because I tried to do it Half-Life style without waiting for crouching to finish.
But I think I roughly got the rhythm down.
Jarewill

Postby Captain J » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:40 am

Batandy wrote:In a desperate world, only one man can make a difference...
And let me rename Doomguy to Die Doomerman.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects