Re-Blood | Relase | v 0.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
VGA

Re: Re-Blood | Relase | v 0.1

Post by VGA »

I just watched a couple of videos and I am super impressed!!
memredi

Post by memredi »

is this mod still being worked on?
Atticuszed

Post by Atticuszed »

An absolutely stellar mod. The level design for what little is on offer is really what shines in this mod. It's all very smartly designed and makes me excited to re-explore all the grisly maps from the original trilogy of episodes.

The weapon choices are also excellent. Many mods have tried to give Caleb a revolver to fit his gunslinger personality, but this one feels most at home in Caleb's tool belt. I do, however, disagree with the removal of the Flare Gun's alt-fire. It was the defining trait of the Flare Gun and a valuable tool for nuking crowds quickly - especially hitscanners.

The dual-wielded weapons also feel INCREDIBLE to use, but I'm kind of worried about the balance of the game, having access to these beastly things at all times. Could you include an option to turn dual-wields off later on in development? Or perhaps introduce a middle-ground:

An inventory powerup - a Moon Talisman or something of the like - that lets Caleb enter Beast Form and (somewhat plausibly) gives him the strength to wield two sawnoff shotguns or tommyguns or etc at once. Just a thought that crossed my mind that sounded cool on paper.

Overall, highly reccommend this mod. Even with what little there is on offer at the moment. I absolutely cannot wait for more updates to the game and more maps to rampage through.
TheDrugod
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by TheDrugod »

Love you work dude!
mick87
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by mick87 »

Hi MaxiClouds, can I have your permission to publish this mod viewtopic.php?f=43&t=70993&p=1176663
Thanks
AndrewMRX
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by AndrewMRX »

A project is dead?
I am trying to remaster textures and add enhancements to the map.

mick87
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by mick87 »

Wow, that looks really cool!
AndrewMRX
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by AndrewMRX »

Colerx

Post by Colerx »

wooooo AndrewMRX you are a magician!!! that's awesome!!
btw dunno if this project is still alive I hope so, since there's some little additions here and there to the original game wich are nice,
another project who seem to be completed is ZBloodyhell, wich is exact recreation in doom engine.
Valken

Post by Valken »

Amazing work Andrew!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

The enhanced atmosphere and some replaced sound effects are astounding. The voxel models except revolver and its ammo(sadly it seems they don't exist) looks much nicer as well!
Valken

Post by Valken »

I tried to play this mod with the latest GZDoom pre 4.6 x64 builds. Seems I cannot jump out of the crypt in the first map? I will test older GZdoom builds to find a working one.
BrownInPlay

Post by BrownInPlay »

Probably some other mods i have conflicting maybe, but i also have trouble leaving the first map after the pressing the button. But i absolutley LOVE this! The secrets all in the right place (and still i always forget a couple on the first level), the destructable areas. Really enjoying the headshots, the way the zoomboy heads hit the floor and i can whack them around. It's the little things - it wasn't really that long ago i blasted through Blood, early first lockdown last year, but in this engine it kinda feels even sweeter - plus no build engine jank to worry about! I'm playing on 4.5, i need to update all my other "passive" mods and see if one of those is the issue - but im more than happy to just choose this as my preferred method to play Blood in future regardless, thank you very much! :)
Gamerwarrior117

Post by Gamerwarrior117 »

does this have all the episodes? looks cool. seems this one compared to zblood. looks cool.
m1lk
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by m1lk »

I hope you finish this because imo it feels even better than the original. totally digging it. I got stuck on level 2 though, didn't realize it wasn't finished.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”