Re-Blood | Relase | v 0.1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
cape98

Re: Re-Blood | Relase | v 0.1

Post by cape98 »

aaaaaaah okey. Still this is an amazing mod. Thanks for the help.
SAmik37
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SAmik37 »

cape98 wrote:hi, i just played and im loving it so far but i got stuck at map02. I don't know if it's a bug or just me being a noob so please could anybody tell me exactly where is the exit of map02?
Yeah, MAP02 not finished. There is a list of all maps that completed (I hope): MAP01, MAP07, MAP26, MAP27, MAP29, MAP30, MAP31, MAP32. Just use console to change a map, "map *mapname*" (Example: "map MAP29"). Enjoy!
Iron Droog

Post by Iron Droog »

Just tried your mod out. It's fantastic. Like Maps of Chaos, only at Blood. My compliments to new weapons and gore system. Any chance you're gonna finish it?
SAmik37

Post by SAmik37 »

Iron Droog wrote:Just tried your mod out. It's fantastic. Like Maps of Chaos, only at Blood. My compliments to new weapons and gore system. Any chance you're gonna finish it?
Well, we see. Maybe someday?.. If we found more free time to finish it, or we find a good mapper to help us out with that project
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

You should open up a mapping collab of sort to recruit team members. I know of quite a few projects that have done so in the past, Hell - Blade of Agony has done that as well.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

I played this TC recently and i was BLOODY impressed! It improves, yet follows the Classic style of Blood has. Blood and Gore, Weapons and sound effects, interactive props... Those are just perfect. The maps are really well made, despite some of them are remain unfinished, unbeatable. Nevertheless, i had some blasting fun with this TC. I know that the progress isn't going smoothly, but i thank you for everything.

Again, i know it's not gonna be updated sooner or later, but here are my honest feedback after playing the game:
Spoiler:
Hope you get back working on this fantastic TC soon!
AL-97

Post by AL-97 »

Absolutely fantastic TC! As for the feedback, and to add to what Captain J has already said, because rats are less aggressive than in original game and are just roaming around there's no reason for them to count as a kill. I also noticed that reloading a weapon will not count unless a reload animation plays in full, maybe restrict the player from switching the weapon when reload animation is playing?

Overall I can only agree with the praise already given and hope that you will continue developing this total conversion. Maybe it's a bit unfortunate that the maps that you listed above as complete did not got the same treatment as Cradle To Grave map with new areas and a reshuffled progression. Yet I understand that is quite the task remaking the whole game. Say, have you thought about scaling a bit down? Remaking not the whole game but just one episode for a start, but maybe taking more of those liberties to the original design?

Anyways, I did a 100% kills and secrets playthrough of the first map if anyone is interested:

SAmik37

Post by SAmik37 »

Wow, someone still interested in our project.. :)
Anyway, i don't think next update is coming soon (If it coming at all). We still need good mappers i guess. Almost all assets ready, we only need lots of maps to finish this. So, don't be so excited about this mod. Maybe that a first and last public build, but who knows. This build that you have right now, be in development like 2 years, so yeah.. Development going slow. Also our main developer (My friend Maxi) right now working on Duke Nukem addon for Ion Fury, that replace Shelly on Duke. But anyway, thank everyone for your support and feedback!.. And AL-97, nice footage you got there, good work!.. I am also love to replay some maps on max difficulty.. :)
Cherno

Post by Cherno »

I absolutely love the recreated intro! The maps seem to have a lot of work put into them. Great project!
Clownman

Post by Clownman »

SAmik37 wrote:Wow, someone still interested in our project.. :)
Anyway, i don't think next update is coming soon (If it coming at all). We still need good mappers i guess. Almost all assets ready, we only need lots of maps to finish this. So, don't be so excited about this mod. Maybe that a first and last public build, but who knows. This build that you have right now, be in development like 2 years, so yeah.. Development going slow. Also our main developer (My friend Maxi) right now working on Duke Nukem addon for Ion Fury, that replace Shelly on Duke. But anyway, thank everyone for your support and feedback!.. And AL-97, nice footage you got there, good work!.. I am also love to replay some maps on max difficulty.. :)
Again: Hopefully you can take my advice to open up sort of a collab to hire mappers. Considering all the community map projects out there and everything.
memredi

Post by memredi »

loved it!
GRUARRR

Post by GRUARRR »

Awesome TC. I hope you continue with the developement because I like it a lot.

Just two ideas for now:

1) It would be great to be able to skip the intro.
2) It would be great to be able to manage the gore (blood, flesh, etc. At least to make it go away faster, just for performance).

Thank you for sharing!
SAmik37

Post by SAmik37 »

Well, yeah. We somehow still alive. In our current dev build there is already some features and changes for life quality improvements based on yours feedback, for example we already add possibility to skip cutscene and we get rid of hitscan, now every hitscan weapon and enemy uses fast projectiles instead of hitscan. So you can more easily to dodge cultists bullets, and this kinda look more awesome than just hitscan. We don't think we can finish this project all by ourselves. So we plan in future to take advice from yours feedback and make "Maps contest". Sadly we don't have any cash rewards for this, main motivation to take part in contest is "You want full release? Make maps". So in future we think this project will be something like "Community Project". If community want to see fully playable build, community should finish this project together. We rework this topic when we decide to make this contest (If there is will be any contest, we still don't sure about this). Right now we heavily busy by our works and studying. And slowly polish current build based on all yours feedback. Thanks everyone for all your support and feedback, and thanks that you still interested in our slow-development project!.. :)
jablon1000

Post by jablon1000 »

You can use zblood or zbloodyhell maps as base of new maps. Or you can make also compability patches for this mods if you like.
EddieMann

Post by EddieMann »

Movement feels a little too stiff and slow, like i'm trudging through molasses. Mind if you loosen it up a bit?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”