[Released] Mr. Smiley's Head Safari Remastered

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Released] Mr. Smiley's Head Safari Remastered

Postby fakemai » Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:51 pm

CvH9000 wrote:Yes I've changed it back to a normal rocket launcher, since the shoulder mounted one broke widescreen support.

Makes sense. The status indicators are a cool touch too.
CvH9000 wrote:I thought the sprites originated from Mr. Smiley itself, So that's probably why.

My impression, at least from the Icarus video, is that the original was a grab-bag of existing mods and maps Frankenstein'd together, so there's likely a lot more such credits to add. I don't blame you for not knowing every old mod/map though, I just happen to have played Chook Doom back in the day. There's also Barney Doom which is likely where Barney the Dinosaur came from, I know there's a Pac-man sprite mod from that period. I believe Icarus mentioned a couple of sources in his review, and idgames and others can probably fill in other holes. This is obviously dependent though how much you actually used from the original.

Somewhat related to credits, check your PM box. Wasn't kidding about being good at finding things...

EDIT: This is the source of the Pac-Man sprites. I tried to find the Barney the Dinosaur ones too but it turns out there's a few from that timeframe and I didn't find the one with those sprites unless you updated them.
fakemai

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects