Robocop Doom - Public Beta

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Robocop Doom - Public Beta

Postby ImpieTwo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:11 am

It's out. Have at and post comments.

Play as Officer Alex Murphy and regain your humanity while seeking revenge against the criminal scum who killed you. Features weapons, villains, and music from the cult classic film! 16 levels of brutal law enforcement! I’d buy that for a dollar!

ImpieTwo
 
Joined: 17 Aug 2015

Re: Robocop Doom - Public Beta

Postby MrRumbleRoses » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:32 am

this looks interesting. i'll surely give it a try
User avatar
MrRumbleRoses
 
Joined: 25 Feb 2016

Re: Robocop Doom - Public Beta

Postby ImpieTwo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:05 am

Minor 1.1 update, mostly to make the weird robocop knockoff enemies a bit easier.
ImpieTwo
 
Joined: 17 Aug 2015

Re: Robocop Doom - Public Beta

Postby Gideon020 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:34 am

Hahaha, this is awesome. Which movie next? Terminator? Universal Soldier? Stargate? :D
Gideon020
Fanboy
 
Joined: 28 Sep 2015

Re: Robocop Doom - Public Beta

Postby Rachael » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:53 am

This mod makes me very nostalgic, and I like the vibe I get while playing it.
User avatar
Rachael
Webmaster
 
Joined: 13 Jan 2004
Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Robocop Doom - Public Beta

Postby ImpieTwo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:15 am

Gideon020 wrote:Hahaha, this is awesome. Which movie next? Terminator? Universal Soldier? Stargate? :D

There's a Terminator reference or two in this one if you look hard enough.
ImpieTwo
 
Joined: 17 Aug 2015

Re: Robocop Doom - Public Beta

Postby SiFi270 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:10 am

We can't have a Universal Soldier TC until someone makes a Turrican TC that can easily be reskinned.
User avatar
SiFi270
 
Joined: 10 Feb 2015
Location: Does anyone put a serious answer here?

Re: Robocop Doom - Public Beta

Postby Enjay » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:35 am

That was good fun. Definintely had the ImpieTwo touch. Nice levels that are easy to navigate, a reasonable adherence to the movie plot and lots of humour. Good music too. I really liked the Directive 4 mechanic.


"I'd buy that for a dollar!"

ImpieTwo wrote:There's a Terminator reference or two in this one if you look hard enough.

More than just a mere reference I'd say. ;)
User avatar
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain
 
 
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: Scotland

Re: Robocop Doom - Public Beta

Postby TDG » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:21 am

ImpieTwo wrote:
Gideon020 wrote:Hahaha, this is awesome. Which movie next? Terminator? Universal Soldier? Stargate? :D

There's a Terminator reference or two in this one if you look hard enough.


Cool! Back in the day I really enjoyed the concept of Robocop vs The Terminator. The comic IMO has not aged well but I would love to see the concept being revived in either a comic or a video game/mod.

I am going to try this out later.
User avatar
TDG
 
Joined: 19 Jun 2016
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Robocop Doom - Public Beta

Postby Beezle » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:49 am

Highly recommend this with TargetSpy 1.8. With the target frames on its just like in the movies:) So far this has been really fun to play, most of his arsenal stays true to Robocop. Great job Impie, I don't know how you keep putting out such awesome mods.
Beezle
 
Joined: 16 Aug 2018
Discord: #8423

Re: Robocop Doom - Public Beta

Postby QuakedoomNukem Cz » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:46 pm

Really good, but I found some bugs or some other stuff so far during my playthrough:
The TV Secret in the first level has an impossible to get secret inside it, because you have to noclip behind the monitors, which have nothing behind them.
The Pinball Secret in Emil's Boss Level doesn't count as a secret for some reason.
User avatar
QuakedoomNukem Cz
Grammar Nazi and Graphics Whore with a kind heart.
 
Joined: 30 Nov 2015
Location: Smržovka; Czech Republic
Discord: #2091

Re: Robocop Doom - Public Beta

Postby Korell » Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:05 pm

I've only played the first level so far so don't have much feedback, but what I've seen so far is fun. A quick question, though. It seems that jumping is required in order to reach some pickups on large crates, but what about crouching?
User avatar
Korell
 
Joined: 28 May 2017

Re: Robocop Doom - Public Beta

Postby YukesVonFaust » Mon Apr 01, 2019 7:47 pm

Played through all of the maps, was a challenge. nice TC though! ;)

also, i hope you can next movie tc you're going to remake must be Die Hard (the first one and the 2nd one), loved that movie
User avatar
YukesVonFaust
Kicking Asses and Taking Names
 
Joined: 09 Feb 2015
Location: in your area, where else
Discord: Yukes von Faust#9009
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit

Re: Robocop Doom - Public Beta

Postby ImpieTwo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:43 pm

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:Really good, but I found some bugs or some other stuff so far during my playthrough:
The TV Secret in the first level has an impossible to get secret inside it, because you have to noclip behind the monitors, which have nothing behind them.
The Pinball Secret in Emil's Boss Level doesn't count as a secret for some reason.

Gah, there's always a couple I miss. I'll fix 'em in the next update.

Korell wrote:It seems that jumping is required in order to reach some pickups on large crates, but what about crouching?

Crouching isn't required, but it isn't restricted either.

Beezle wrote:Highly recommend this with TargetSpy 1.8. With the target frames on its just like in the movies:) So far this has been really fun to play, most of his arsenal stays true to Robocop. Great job Impie, I don't know how you keep putting out such awesome mods.

I wish I could try it out with this, but I get an error when I try to run it...
Attachments
spything error.png
ImpieTwo
 
Joined: 17 Aug 2015

Re: Robocop Doom - Public Beta

Postby wildweasel » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:17 pm

Perhaps a newer version of GZDoom will work.
User avatar
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003

Next

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Jamie Faith and 8 guests