ZArmyofDarkness [Beta]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
GoldMod

ZArmyofDarkness [Beta]

Post by GoldMod »

Army of Darkness Doom released somewhere around 1995, and hasn't aged... perfectly, like most 94/95 mods.

My goal is to fix the mod and it's problems (eventually).

My first step (seen in the first build) is add to slowly remove the use
of the .deh file (which for now is in the .wad file) and add new versions
of the older weapons.

Progress:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Download:
https://tinyurl.com/aoddoomrev1

Credits are in zip file.
Tormentor667

Re: ZArmyofDarkness [Beta]

Post by Tormentor667 »

Good idea, maybe even replace some of the textures
CeeJay

Post by CeeJay »

This seems like quite a big undertaking, as that ol' mod would need a hefty amount of work to bring it up to more modern standards. Though it could be pretty damn sweet if done right.

I could recomend tracking down the voice overs from one of the official Evil Dead games, doing away with many of the movie clips. Also, the shotgun shoud be probably be single-handed, to get around the whole hand issue (Ash having hand, Ash losing hand, Ash replacing hand with robotic gauntlet).
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

There is a tool that can convert some dehacked stuff into Decorate , it may be worth checking out to speed some things up: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=61042

Also , not doom hands if possible ?
There's some resources already available in the forum and I think that Blood hands would be a better fit
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

There was probably quite a bit of cunning Dehacked work in the original mod. I mean, nothing that couldn't be done pretty easily with DECORATE or ZScript these days, but probably quite involved for "back in the day". As I recall, Linguica did the DEHACKED work and he was something of a wizard with it. So even with an early mod like this, there may well be something that a converter struggles with.
GoldMod

Post by GoldMod »

Tormentor667 wrote:Good idea, maybe even replace some of the textures
On the backburner
CeeJay wrote:This seems like quite a big undertaking, as that ol' mod would need a hefty amount of work to bring it up to more modern standards. Though it could be pretty damn sweet if done right.

I could recomend tracking down the voice overs from one of the official Evil Dead games, doing away with many of the movie clips. Also, the shotgun shoud be probably be single-handed, to get around the whole hand issue (Ash having hand, Ash losing hand, Ash replacing hand with robotic gauntlet).
Great suggestions.
Dude27th wrote:There is a tool that can convert some dehacked stuff into Decorate , it may be worth checking out to speed some things up: viewtopic.php?f=44&t=61042

Also , not doom hands if possible ?
There's some resources already available in the forum and I think that Blood hands would be a better fit
Thanks, will use when ready.
Enjay wrote: There was probably quite a bit of cunning Dehacked work in the original mod. I mean, nothing that couldn't be done pretty easily with DECORATE or ZScript these days, but probably quite involved for "back in the day". As I recall, Linguica did the DEHACKED work and he was something of a wizard with it. So even with an early mod like this, there may well be something that a converter struggles with.
Will take that in.

Thanks for the help and suggestions!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”