[Merged!] GZ둠 한국어 번역 프로젝트/Korean Translation of GZDoom

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Enjay

Re: [WIP] GZ둠 한국어 번역 프로젝트/Korean Translation of GZDoom

Post by Enjay »

Agreed. Languages have always evolved as a result of many pressures: logical requirements, illogical "requirements", fashion, efficiency, societal pressures, outside pressures, social engineering and many other reasons. The need for languages to be easily and accurately represented in computing terms is (and quite rightly should be IMO) one of the biggest current reasons for changes to be made. I am aware that there are many adherents to tradition and "how it's meant to be" (sounds familiar in Doom circles doesn't it :lol: ) and, of course, their points of view can have merit but, equally, we are not all speaking the medieval forms of our languages and we use newly created words all the time. Languages change.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

That's pure GZDoom with no additional assets loaded.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Despite the Difficulties of each Language, all around the world, we can speak our own and i found this quite astonishing. Maybe because i don't know more about Linguistics, but i think so.

... Anyway THAT'S SOME CLEAN AND FINE FONT SIZE! Thank goodness you managed to shrink them with fair justice! Please tell me it's confirmed as update!
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

That screenshot was made with the change I just committed. The only trick here was to make the scaling code more flexible than those old relics that still were present in so many places so that it can handle the muxh larger Unicode font. I had to do that in a lot of places where I enabled the font because the existing code was written for the much smaller game fonts.

All what's needed now is to make the font switch automatic for a language that cannot be represented with the game font, the current version still needs to do it manually, but that's peanuts compared to changing so much code to be able to swap out the font.
For Japanese and Chinese the code should work as-is - since the font contains the entire Unicode BMP they should just work out of the box if provided.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Graf Zahl wrote:Personally I believe that in the age of computing, many languages need some serious sanitizing to eliminate those problematic edge cases that really benefit nobody in the end and where getting rid of them doesn't make the written language any more diluted. Personally, the one I dislike most is Arabic where the same character can look different based on context. It is virtually impossible to do ad-hoc text generation for such a language, a task that despite all discouragement still occurs too frequently when doing software development.
I disagree.

Certainly it's less convenient for us programmers, but the point is to adapt our tools to us, not to adapt ourselves to our tools.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

And thus we got Unicode, which aside from being useful is one huge clusterfuck of a mess with all those special cases, character variations and other problems it's suffering from.
Languages have always changed - many lost their accents over the years and others changed their grammar when it became inconvenient. But for some strange reason we have entered an age where fundamentalist preservation seems to become the driving force here. Instead of adapting our languages for modern needs we are adapting the tools to accomodate for the deficiencies in the languages. That strikes me as backward - and in fact is a very recent trend.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

And hey, Graf! We just almost finished Hacx Translation. So mind if you copy the whole thing to the official spreadsheet, please?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1512392721
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Done, since you got access, you may put the intermission texts there yourself when they are done.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Splendid. Capital! Thanks always and we will. And we also will move onto Harmony one once it's all finished!
acridAxid

Post by acridAxid »

This is wonderful work, and it makes me smile knowing so many others can now experience our beloved Doom without being made to feel like outsiders. 환영 to all our new friends!
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

And i 감사합니다 you too. The Translation is not completely over, but it'll be done.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Here are some good news; we have finished the Strings of all games avaiable on GZDoom and Graf Zahl recently merged this Spreadsheet with his Global Translation Spreadsheet that is Official.

Check out his Spreadsheet and we sincerely grateful about this news! viewtopic.php?f=49&t=63737
jdznd

Post by jdznd »

csv 파일을 열어 잠깐 훑어봤는데 다소 아쉬운 번역이 많이 보입니다.

복수 표현은 최대한 줄이는 게 자연스럽습니다.
Well of Souls 영혼들의 우물 > 영혼의 우물

번역이 더 어색할 수 있고 누구나 아는 쉬운 영어 단어는 그대로
Speed 속도 > 스피드

번역으로 의미를 살리기 어렵거나 고유명사의 경우 그대로
NME 적 발견 > NME
Keen 간절함 > 킨

인터미션 오역 예
There must be a way to close it on the other side. 이 통로는 분명 다른 곳과 이어져 있을 것이 분명하다. > 저 너머에는 분명 (악마가 쳐들어 오는) 포탈을 닫을 방법이 있을 것이다.
You wonder who the inmates of this corner of hell will be. 그러나 당신은 구석에 있는 죄수들이 지옥에 있던 놈들임을 알고는 매우 놀란다. > 지옥 이 구석에는 과연 어떤 놈들이 살고 있을지 궁금하다.

전반적으로 크고 작은 오역이 자주 보입니다. 높은 수준의 한글화를 위해서는 영어 실력이 뛰어난 분을 초대해 검수하는 게 좋겠습니다. 아쉽게도 저는 그럴만한 자격이 못 되지만 둠을 좋아하는 분 중에 분명 그런 분이 있을 거라 믿습니다.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

자세히 보니까 적지 않은 오류가 있더군요. 섬세한 지적 정말 감사드리며 현재 스프레드시트를 개선할 만한 인원들을 계속해서 모집 하는 중입니다. 전문적이든 아니든, 개선에 도움이 된다면 부담 없이 참여하셔도 괜찮습니다. 디스코드 계정만 있으시다면 저에게 메시지를 전송함으로써 마음껏 참여가 가능합니다!

다시 한 번 감사드리고, 다음엔 질 좋은 번역으로 찾아 뵙겠습니다!
GreenLegacy

Post by GreenLegacy »

저도 좀 더 정확한 검수가 필요하다는 의견에 강하게 동의합니다. 현재 참여하신 분들도 이런 전문적인 번역이 필요한 작업은 경험이 많지 않으셔서 오역이 꽤 있을 것입니다. 번역작업이 좀 더 홍보가 잘됐으면 좋겠는데... 앞으로 더 많은 국내 유저분들이 관심을 가지게 되면 좋겠네요. 좋은 피드백 감사드립니다.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”