Doom RPG SE [unofficial, bugfix-ish]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
StarController

Re: Doom RPG SE [unofficial, bugfix-ish]

Post by StarController »

I was about to come begging help with the HUD (I couldn't see my health or ammo count!) until i realized the + and - keys are my friends. :P
Thanks for keeping this mod going, I enjoy it plenty. :D
OfficialYeen

Post by OfficialYeen »

I've encountered a game breaking error involving the turret. I get "ERROR: Tried to resize destroyed array" when my turret is destroyed, and that causes all DRPG stuff to stop functioning. I can't see the hud, can't open menus, can't use skills, etc. The only way to fix it seems to be reloading a previous save.
Sumwunn

Post by Sumwunn »

What was the array name? It would of been printed after the error message.

Were you playing with WadSmoosh?

EDIT:
Did you have an assassination mission active at the time?
OfficialYeen

Post by OfficialYeen »

Sumwunn wrote:What was the array name? It would of been printed after the error message.

Were you playing with WadSmoosh?

EDIT:
Did you have an assassination mission active at the time?
There didn't appear to be one? The only message that appeared in the console was the one I quoted. I was not playing with WadSmoosh, and I had a kill reinforcements mission active.

EDIT:
Currently recording and uploading a video demonstration of the error.
OfficialYeen

Post by OfficialYeen »

Below are timestamps in the video, also included in the video's description.
Spoiler:
Sumwunn

Post by Sumwunn »

Thanks for the video 'n timeline, I appreciate the effort. Sadly it doesn't reveal much at all.

However since you mentioned the array error I've made some investigative progress!

For me the error happens when the turret kills something.

I'll update this post when I've made non-crashing progress.

EDIT:
Ok I believe I have fixed one instance which was causing ArrayResize to crash.
An invalid killer ID was slipping through which made its way to DropMonsterItem which was passed to ArrayResize which then causes the, ERROR: Tried to resize destroyed array.
I added checks to correctly check if a turret did indeed kill something. That error might of also happened even without the turret.
Be sure to grab the fixes from the experimental branch.

Lets hope that's the only instance. Well, only one well to find out. Another playthrough! :D

EDIT 2:
Experimental branch has been merged into master.
OfficialYeen

Post by OfficialYeen »

Downloading this now and starting a new playthrough. Will report anything as usual. Cheers!
Forevener

Post by Forevener »

I've made all changes I wanted to the launcher in the version 1.1.0 - if anyone have ideas or suggestions, please share.
lucker42

Post by lucker42 »

Hi guys. There are two questions:

1) There is a desire to edit the balance for yourself, to make the game more difficult. Started editing the file on the path scripts/Stats.c - but this does not affect the game. I so understand that changes have to be made in "DoomRPG.lib"?

2) What program I can edit this file "DoomRPG.lib"?

Thanks in advance!
lwks

Post by lwks »

I can't get Shield Capacitors, whenever I get one it doesn't appear on my inventory, all Capacitors slots are just blank even after reiciving one from a quest or even buying it and they're not on the Locker, has anyone experienced this problem?

Also there's some Medkits/Stimpacks that you can't pick up for whatever reason
Sumwunn

Post by Sumwunn »

lwks wrote:I can't get Shield Capacitors, whenever I get one it doesn't appear on my inventory, all Capacitors slots are just blank even after reiciving one from a quest or even buying it and they're not on the Locker, has anyone experienced this problem?

Also there's some Medkits/Stimpacks that you can't pick up for whatever reason
Capacitors only show up via the DRPG Menu -> Shield.

Can't imagine why pickups aren't working. Either you have filled up your max amount or there's a bug in GZD dev builds.

Ugh, I've discovered some annoying bugs lately:
One-monster sometimes randomly completes itself or only half the monsters get replaced.
GZDoom sometimes freezes
Once in a while InitMission runs away.
Mod just randomly dies when it feels like it

Ugh, this mod has left me distraught as of late. Year and a half later and mod is still not fixed.
Why did I have to pick the most complex thing to work on? Why didn't I just pick something simple.. *sad cat noise*

I think I'm going to take a break for a while. Come back with a fresh mind I hope.
lwks

Post by lwks »

Sumwunn wrote: Capacitors only show up via the DRPG Menu -> Shield.
I can't find any Shield option on the Doom RPG Options Menu. Also have a nice break.
OfficialYeen

Post by OfficialYeen »

Sumwunn wrote:Ugh, I've discovered some annoying bugs lately: . . .
GZDoom sometimes freezes . . .
Mod just randomly dies when it feels like it
I've been experiencing freezes/crashes still, but they're few and far between. If a level is giving me trouble, going to the outpost and back fixes it in most cases. Worst case-scenario, I save my character and start a fresh Lexicon. I haven't tried playing DRPG with stand-alone megawads, so this fix works in my case. I've encountered no problems other than that, so everything you've done thus far has been great for the mod's QoL.
Sumwunn wrote: Ugh, this mod has left me distraught as of late. Year and a half later and mod is still not fixed.
Why did I have to pick the most complex thing to work on? Why didn't I just pick something simple.. *sad cat noise*

I think I'm going to take a break for a while. Come back with a fresh mind I hope.
Take as much time as you need, friend! You'll find a warm welcome when you come back. :D
OfficialYeen

Post by OfficialYeen »

lwks wrote:
Sumwunn wrote: Capacitors only show up via the DRPG Menu -> Shield.
I can't find any Shield option on the Doom RPG Options Menu. Also have a nice break.
What version of GZDoom are you running? I'm using 3.7.2 Vintage and shields work just fine.
Scottvrakis

Post by Scottvrakis »

So.. I'm not sure if this has been answered before, because I've been scouring Google and I can't find heads nor tails of an answer.. What do you do with the key card drops you can get in the Outpost Arena? I can't see any door for them.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”