Doom RPG SE [unofficial, bugfix-ish]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Doom RPG SE [unofficial, bugfix-ish]

Postby worldendDominator » Sat Feb 01, 2020 2:58 pm

Captain J wrote:- Again, it's about the Outpost. I started war with them but it seems goes forever. You gain more levels, sure. But again, it's likely endless and you just have to die. Is there any way to surrender and bribe, or serve the sentence? Or just tickling them with your fist is considered death-deserving action?

- About the veil event, i accidentally sucked into the portal and got stuck at the monster closet, before i trigger it to open. So basically the portal could softlock the game, without a consent?

I think you can survive until the forcefield to the teleporter room drops, port away to some map, and they will calm down when you return.

Veil stuff sounds potentially annoying, but can be fixed with a phase device if you're playing with DRLA.
worldendDominator

Postby Mechazawa » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:17 pm

So, Im playing doomrpg se with several mods via the launcher provided by sumwunn. However, the launcher doesnt save the mod order (and it effects things, such as making gzdoom hardcrash when loading a save with a different order.) Anyways, I Wanted to do it the old fashioned way by making a shortcut, but windows 10 has a character limit on the shortcut target so I cant fit all of the commands in. Now, I could make a batch file; but what I really want to know is there any way to take all of these mods and merge them into 1 pk3 file? Then make a shortcut to just that pk3.

In paticular about the load order, I want doomrla/hud to load BEFORE doomrpg, but it always moves below it when I start the launcher. The reason is, if drla loads after doomrpg, then all health vials are health vials, if drla loads before doomrpg then all health vials are the loot from doomrpg (as they should be).

Incase you want to see the shortcut target in quiestion:
Code: Select allExpand view
"C:\Six\Doomstuff\gzdoom\gzdoom.exe" -iwad "C:\Six\Doomstuff\IWADS\doom2.wad" -skill 2 -warp 1 +playerclass Marine +sv_cheats 1 -file "C:\Six\Doomstuff\gzdoom\Lexicon-beta-build-137.pk3" "C:\Six\Doomstuff\gzdoom\ColourfulHell97ccc.pk3" "C:\Six\Doomstuff\gzdoom\LegenDoomLite_3.1.pk3" "C:\Six\Doomstuff\gzdoom\DoomRL_Arsenal_1.1.2.pk3" "C:\Six\Doomstuff\gzdoom\DoomRL HUD.wad" "C:\Six\Doomstuff\gzdoom\DoomRPG\DoomRPG" "C:\Six\Doomstuff\gzdoom\brightmaps.pk3" "C:\Six\Doomstuff\gzdoom\DoomRPG\DoomRPG-ColourfulHell" "C:\Six\Doomstuff\gzdoom\DoomRPG\DoomRPG-RLArsenal"
Mechazawa

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:27 am

Hello, I been looking for that one Doom RPG mod to play, and some guy sent me a link to this mod. I had a blast playing it, though I did find a couple of issues when playing the game so far on the Ultimate Doom in GZDoom 4.3.3. One problem I came across is the missing textures above the two doors in the main hub beside the arena desk, the upper door frames are missing textures.
And another I might be having? Is the floaty turrets, when I have the generator upgrades like the illumination and speed upgrades, the turret does not seem to charge whatsoever I do. Stand in the light, run around, equip it, unequip it. Not sure what is going on, but I am not sure if it might be me doing something off.
Starman the Blaziken

Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby ChrisHighwind » Wed Apr 01, 2020 4:57 pm

Starman the Blaziken wrote:Hello, I been looking for that one Doom RPG mod to play, and some guy sent me a link to this mod. I had a blast playing it, though I did find a couple of issues when playing the game so far on the Ultimate Doom in GZDoom 4.3.3. One problem I came across is the missing textures above the two doors in the main hub beside the arena desk, the upper door frames are missing textures.

I've noticed this too in an Ultimate Doom wad, along with a lot more missing textures and ! diamonds representing missing objects in the bigger arena. Oddly, the version of FreeDoom Phase 1 I have (I know it's a nightly but I can't remember what date it is, though it is after the latest stable) has the textures intact, though the ! diamonds still persist. Another thing is that if you're playing on a gamepad like I am (playing on Delta Touch), it's practically impossible to map everything so that you can use skills, stims, etc., so what I did was just made it so I only use one skill (the Transport skill) and auto-sell everything to do with stims and turrets, and limit myself to using inventory items, shields, augmentations, and the medikit for if I need to heal.
ChrisHighwind

Discord: ChrisHighwind#4239
Github ID: ChrisHighwind
Operating System: Other OS Not Listed Here
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Postby Doomin » Tue Apr 07, 2020 12:47 pm

I'm getting repeated crashes after killing about 8-10 levels worth of enemies. GZDoom hangs at this point and does not produce a crash log. It seems unrelated to whether I have shields active or am taking damage. I'm running:

GZDoom (latest)
DoomRL Arsenal (latest)
DoomRL Monsters (latest)
DoomRPG SE (3-15-2020 either master or experimental - both tested)

The crash even occurs if I am standing, doing nothing, at which point I have to terminate the process. The frustration here is purely caused by how much I'm otherwise enjoying the mod.

Edit: The latest time this crash repeatedly happened, I was on an assassination mission for magmacubi
Doomin

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects