Doom RPG SE [unofficial, bugfix-ish]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Sumwunn

Re: Doom RPG SE [unofficial, bugfix-ish]

Post by Sumwunn »

sebastianali wrote:another bug report: when i launch the game says wallsprite and turret errors what happend? :(
i lost the old version for nothing..... the old version has bugs but is playable and this version doesnt run.....
You shouldn't be getting any errors. Sounds like your installation is mucked up.
I'd recommend deleting your DoomRPG folder and downloading fresh. Also make sure DRLA is updated if you're using that too.

Versions earlier than v3.7.0 will no longer work with DRPG SE.
v3.7.2 vintage supports OpenGL 2.x+, that should work for you?
Last edited by Sumwunn on Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lwks

Post by lwks »

DRPG's launcher is the recommended method.
WAIT! Can I actually run DoomRPG without that Launcher? How do I do that? Actualy, why is there a Launcher in the first place?
Sumwunn

Post by Sumwunn »

Heh, yeah. The DoomRPG folder within the DoomRPG folder can be loaded just like a pk3 just without the extension.
Here's what my command line looks like (I'm using Doom Explorer):
https://paste.ee/p/c6K5u

I have my GZDoom config pointing to my WADS folder hence the short paths.

Alternatively give launcher v0.9.8.1 and try. Makes things a bit easier, honest.

EDIT:
Tested launcher versions v0.9.8.1 & v0.9.9.0 and they both work fine for me.
Try deleting its config if you're still having issues with it.
affandede

Post by affandede »

How do I teleport to the Outpost? There is no Transportation skill on skill wheel, all slots are unavailable.
Forevener

Post by Forevener »

affandede wrote:How do I teleport to the Outpost? There is no Transportation skill on skill wheel, all slots are unavailable.
You have to set the skill for the specific slot of the wheel in the 'Skills' page of DRPG menu.
affandede

Post by affandede »

Forevener wrote:
affandede wrote:How do I teleport to the Outpost? There is no Transportation skill on skill wheel, all slots are unavailable.
You have to set the skill for the specific slot of the wheel in the 'Skills' page of DRPG menu.
Thanks. Really appreciate the hard work you are all doing.
affandede

Post by affandede »

Just noticed, running DRPG SE with DRLA seems to remove the breakable gray boxes from DRLA. I don't know if this is a bug or an intentional feature, since you could find some op weapons from those crates early on by chance.
Sumwunn

Post by Sumwunn »

Those are intentionally disabled (from within DRLA I think) since DRPG has its own crate system.
affandede

Post by affandede »

Okay then. By the way, level events like low light or evil shadow something (forgot their names) tank the fps down, even with the toaster mode turned on. And if you teleport to the outpost from a map with one monster level event, the game thinks you succesfully completed said event upon your return and gives you a hefty bonus.
lwks

Post by lwks »

Sumwunn wrote:Heh, yeah. The DoomRPG folder within the DoomRPG folder can be loaded just like a pk3 just without the extension.

Alternatively give launcher v0.9.8.1 and try. Makes things a bit easier, honest.

EDIT:
First of, thanks for assuming this project and keeping it going on, twas sad seeing this mod falling behind. Now, I use ZDL (ZDoom Launcher), so using another Launcher is not necessary, plus my MODS folder is organized based around using ZDL, if I were to use DRPG Launcher I'd have to reorganize everything for the new Launcher and that's a no-no for me. But why isn't there the option to download it as pk3 files in the first place like all the other mods out there?
BoneofMalkav
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by BoneofMalkav »

lwks wrote:
Sumwunn wrote:Heh, yeah. The DoomRPG folder within the DoomRPG folder can be loaded just like a pk3 just without the extension.

EDIT:
First of, thanks for assuming this project and keeping it going on, twas sad seeing this mod falling behind. Now, I use ZDL (ZDoom Launcher), so using another Launcher is not necessary, plus my MODS folder is organized based around using ZDL, if I were to use DRPG Launcher I'd have to reorganize everything for the new Launcher and that's a no-no for me. But why isn't there the option to download it as pk3 files in the first place like all the other mods out there?
Because of how DoomRPG is structured and updated almost daily leaves very little time to even consider bundle DoomRPG and it's support patches into pk3 files. Btw, you do know you don't need to have DoomRPG launcher in the same folder as GZDoom right? Not to mention, it's not really that difficult to get used to using no matter of folder structure.
sebastianali
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by sebastianali »

Sumwunn wrote:
sebastianali wrote:another bug report: when i launch the game says wallsprite and turret errors what happend? :(
i lost the old version for nothing..... the old version has bugs but is playable and this version doesnt run.....
You shouldn't be getting any errors. Sounds like your installation is mucked up.
I'd recommend deleting your DoomRPG folder and downloading fresh. Also make sure DRLA is updated if you're using that too.

Versions earlier than v3.7.0 will no longer work with DRPG SE.
v3.7.2 vintage supports OpenGL 2.x+, that should work for you?
vintage version runs... but very slow with white textures everywhere and sound problems... even with 640x480 resolution the game runs slow and with graphic glitches.... even with vanilla doom! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Beezle

Post by Beezle »

Hey Sumwunn I had a question about loading this mod with DRLA ( or anything for that matter), if you the contents of the required folders to a zip file and load them accordingly, will that pose any problems later on? So far its seems to work just as well as using the launcher, but I know it says the launcher is the preferred way. Also, what is JJIRandomizer?
TheGmanID

Post by TheGmanID »

Hey, I'm trying to play this co-op with a friend and it's mostly working fine but there's this strange lag/stuttering that happens on DRPG levels (The outpost and arena) the weird thing is that it's most noticeable for the host.

Any ideas on why this is happening or how to fix it?
Sumwunn

Post by Sumwunn »

affandede wrote:Okay then. By the way, level events like low light or evil shadow something (forgot their names) tank the fps down, even with the toaster mode turned on. And if you teleport to the outpost from a map with one monster level event, the game thinks you successfully completed said event upon your return and gives you a hefty bonus.
Hmm, only event that causes FPS drops for me is Vicious Downpour (I have a Intel HD 515). You must have a pretty old PC?
Is there anything in particular that causes the drops?

Damn, I thought I fixed that. Haven't had it bug out in a year or so. Oh well, back on the list one monster goes. Yay...
Beezle wrote:Hey Sumwunn I had a question about loading this mod with DRLA ( or anything for that matter), if you the contents of the required folders to a zip file and load them accordingly, will that pose any problems later on? So far its seems to work just as well as using the launcher, but I know it says the launcher is the preferred way. Also, what is JJIRandomizer?
Huh that didn't use to work before (around 3.2.0-ish I think). I don't see any issues with that if it works fine for you.

JJIRandomizer is a replacement for the Instant Randomiser that you can download for Jimmy's Jukebox. The replacement allows DRPG's map events and Outpost music to play (otherwise they will be randomised like any other map).
TheGmanID wrote:Hey, I'm trying to play this co-op with a friend and it's mostly working fine but there's this strange lag/stuttering that happens on DRPG levels (The outpost and arena) the weird thing is that it's most noticeable for the host.

Any ideas on why this is happening or how to fix it?
I couldn't reproduce on my side but I can only test MP via localhost. I'm guessing this only happens with proper MP. You're out of luck I'm afraid.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”