Doom RPG SE [unofficial, bugfix-ish]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Doom RPG SE [unofficial, bugfix-ish]

Postby Sumwunn » Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:49 pm

Sure. You mean like new selection all together or extra tiers for Archvile, Cyberdemon & Mastermind?
Sumwunn
Runaway script "_Sumwunn" terminated

Discord: Sumwunn#9562

Postby Sir Strange » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:05 am

Found a bug (and maybe another if the way that it happens is unintended)
So I was playing with colorful hell and I used the rare (blue) archvile summon and it can resurrect dead monsters to be friendly (possible bug) however, you can shoot the friendly resurrected monsters to kill them again. Also the difficulty was hell

I also have a suggestion:
Is it possible to list the version of the mod that your playing on? I had an old version and I didn't know it.

EDIT: The archvile can't be shot, but the friendly resurrected monsters can be.
Sir Strange

Postby Crimsondrgn » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:16 pm

Sumwunn wrote:Sure. You mean like new selection all together or extra tiers for Archvile, Cyberdemon & Mastermind?

I was just thinking new tiers to existing summons, the summon menu for skills is already larger than the others, might start looking weird if a bunch of new summon icons are thrown in, plus it might offset the op-ness of them a bit if you had to pay all the previous tier chip costs on top of the high costs the new tiers would probably have.

And for clarification, I meant basically every enemy that isn't a megaboss being summonable, Lord of the abyss, Cacobyss, Hellstorm elemental, Terminator, Abominant, Bruiser brothers, Agony elemental, and so on. It's fine if that's too much to do.

I mainly asked about this because I love playing summoners in games where it's possible, Diablo 2's necromancer comes to mind specifically.

Also, I stumbled upon a megaboss agony elemental at one point, apparently the things it spews out also count as megabosses, ensuing hundreds of lootsplosions slowing the game to a crawl.
Last edited by Crimsondrgn on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Crimsondrgn

Postby EricaOnline » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:45 pm

Sumwunn wrote:Hmm, those errors are unrelated to DRPG.

You're probably just missing the patches.

Load order for LD & CH w/ DRPG will look like this:
legendoom.pk3
colourfulhell.pk3
DoomRPG\DoomRPG
DoomRPG\DoomRPG-Brightmaps (If you want)
--- The patches which make everything work:
DoomRPG\DoomRPG-LegenDoom
DoomRPG\DoomRPG-ColourfulHell

Hey Sumwunn - speaking of patches, just wanted to check before I potentially needlessly spend a bunch of time learning how something works (which I'm normally down for, but I'm a bit time-poor right now):
If I wanted to use a monster mod with DRPG SE other than the DRLA or Colorful Hell ones (e.g. Hellwalker standalone version, DoomKrakken's Monster Randomizer, Cyber's Monster Randomizer, or Heretical Doom's monster pack), I would need to write my own compatibility patch, right?

Not that I mind having to do that - and if I do, I'll post the patch(es) here - but I just wanted to be sure that the reason those mods weren't working was "because they're not compatible out-of-the-box," not "because you're lazy and didn't try enough different load order combos."

Thanks!
EricaOnline

Postby LOLANONIMUS » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:45 pm

Hello, can there be a translation into Spanish?
LOLANONIMUS

Discord: #0589
Twitch ID: Luisg700

Postby Sir Strange » Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:22 pm

Crimsondrgn wrote:Would it at all be possible to add in higher-end summons for when you're using Doom Roguelike Arsenal's monster pack? Feels a bit weird to have so many variants of enemy types unable to be allies as well, including bosses like the bruiser brothers. With how powerful the player can get on their own, I don't think it would be all that broken to allow such a thing.

On the subject of higher-end summons, could it be possible to do something like add sort of the same thing for Colorful Hell? Like leveling up past rare to say black or white tier (or at least the max tier at the time). I think it would be fun to summon a white cybie and just watch it tear through everything.
Sir Strange

Postby TimeGearCD » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:21 am

Yeah, I also agree with higher-end summons.
Especially for colorful hell, I feel like you can't summon all the cool monsters of colorful hell with just normal/green/blue.
Lowkey just had to get an archvile to revive the cooler enemies lol
TimeGearCD

Postby ProudCipher » Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:10 am

Just a heads up: Doom 1 compat is broken. I tried using the original compatibility fix WAD but that just broke it even worse lol.
A little salty that I had to trash a great start, but eh, I'm just glad to see my favorite Doom mod up and running again.
Good luck in the future, man!
ProudCipher

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects