My Dead Projects Graveyard.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
NickDoom

My Dead Projects Graveyard.

Post by NickDoom »

Here's my pack of abandoned works.

I'm not going to continue them ever.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jrkgf3w3a ... 8F.7z/file

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jhnjtk851 ... 8F.7z/file

Do whatever you want with it. Maybe you'll get some ideas from this crap.

Sorry about my English, i've translated the most essential docs as I could.
Last edited by NickDoom on Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NickDoom

Re: My Dead Projects Graveyard.

Post by NickDoom »

So it's too useless to say a word about it :(
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

NickDoom wrote:So it's too useless to say a word about it :(
Well, for starters, what are they? I'd imagine folks won't just download a zip file full of unfinished stuff if they have no idea what's in it. Especially if you're calling it all "crap" - that doesn't really endear the average user to want to try it. You should really stick up for yourself a bit more; a little self-advocacy can draw more interest than "here's a bunch of stuff, whatever."
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

I've written the description but got logged off for no reason >:-( OK, let's type again…

3sectors — a mapping competition idea.
4..28 — some map scribble.
AltFire — you know it, i've mentioned it in DRL Arsenal thread as an example of "using rockets without an RL". It's not dead — it's finished and very old :)
DirtyHacks — some old tricks with the engine.
DTR — the most interesting "idea pack" here. An unfinished mod with some demo maps, map descriptions etc. Lots of dirty hacks, of course.
DualWorld — a multi-player mod idea.
Forced rejects — a demo map. It works but I didn't made a builder yet :(
MapTricks — additional stuff (mostly, for DTR).
NiteMare.3D — an editor for that old game.
R2D — Doom II maps with stupid "surprise kills".
Train of Time — a single map/mod, first part is Wolf3d themed, than Train brings you into the futuristic world of Doom (unfinished).
Yet another stupid wolfendoom — the name says it all, it's not even compatible with the free mouse look (it allows to shoot the first secret door too easily). File timestamps say it's from 1998.
Edit: How could I forget the Chimaeras.xls idea! Random combinations of heads, torsos, legs, and each one adds an effect to a Chimaera. If they are combined into a vanilla monster, effects are also combined into the vanilla bechavior of this monster.
Last edited by NickDoom on Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

Thanks, I think I get the point.

First, people, I need to know your opinions about binding a quiet alternate attack on „Use“ key (see AltFire).
Pro: it's quiet, it's melee, so it's almost safe to activate it every time you click Use (and it requires no additional key binding, so everything you need in combat fits on a standard mouse).
Contra: it spoilers secrets activated by gunfire (not by clicking „Use“). Every time you „Use“ a wall you also hit it with your bayonet/fist.
JadedLexi
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by JadedLexi »

NickDoom wrote:Train of Time — a single map/mod, first part is Wolf3d themed, than Train brings you into the futuristic world of Doom (unfinished).
This sounds neat actually.
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

Also watch DTR which is rara avis in terris: it's co-op centered and uses „ghost player“ effect for the boss level. One player can become an invincible ghost and help others (sorry, only demos and scripts, no actual map). Play demo maps for some mindph#cks such as TeleCacodemon (it's not as cool as Hellstorm Elemental from DRLA which takes you to a random secret, but it's the same kind of monsters).

BTW sad thing 3sectors challenge hadn't run :( Something still makes me think it can have way more interesting maps than my demo one.
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

If one read the Random Media\Chimaeras.xls: is it possible to make a multi-sprite object, or to make multiple objects move together? The worst thing is, layers must keep their order. One sprite must be set as a foreground one, another one as a background one.
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

My English has been betrayed me.
I couldn't explain, so you missed the point.

It's dropped because it's crappily done, not because it didn't worth beginning.
So I've uploaded this pack for ones who write they own works. I want you to download the pack, quickly look at it's content and leave some comments. You'll probably find some use for sprites, map chunks, or you even may want to re-do something with skills better than mine. I can't provide the full list of all sprites, .deh monsters etc., so I've expected you look and comment. I've counted on your „archeologic enthusiasm“.

That's what I tried to say. I hope It's clear this time.
NickDoom

Post by NickDoom »

I've tried to mimic the Apr '19 mock wad Linear Doom.
But it was bit too hard to keep similarity and linearity at the same time, so I've squished MAP01 only.
Feel free to continue, corridors of MAP02 are asking for this :)
LinTest.wad
(42.92 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Also, does Forced Rejects from the main pack worth support in a reject builder? It's a bit more than just an abandoned demo map.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”