Ascension (Release, v 1.4) - by Big Memka and Shadowman

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
pagb666

Re: Ascension (Release, v 1.1) - by Big Memka and Shadowman

Post by pagb666 »

BigMemka wrote:To find Blacknor you must take a quest from Sandro. He sits in a cage in the North of Blackwater. You need a lock pick to release it. You will find it in the desert South of the estate of the rebellious peasants. But it's important to talk to Blacknor first!
Ok, then I broke the quest. Just re-checked with an old save and cheats. Since in Sorona I got a lot of quests leading me to Blackwater, I went there and cleared the whole map BEFORE even getting to the Necromancer's guild. Now Blacknor doesn't spawn at all :(
BigMemka

Post by BigMemka »

pagb666 wrote:
BigMemka wrote:To find Blacknor you must take a quest from Sandro. He sits in a cage in the North of Blackwater. You need a lock pick to release it. You will find it in the desert South of the estate of the rebellious peasants. But it's important to talk to Blacknor first!
Ok, then I broke the quest. Just re-checked with an old save and cheats. Since in Sorona I got a lot of quests leading me to Blackwater, I went there and cleared the whole map BEFORE even getting to the Necromancer's guild. Now Blacknor doesn't spawn at all :(
To appear Blacknor you first need to take a task to find it from the necromancer Sandro. Without a quest Blacknor will not appear behind bars.
pagb666

Post by pagb666 »

BigMemka wrote:
pagb666 wrote:
To appear Blacknor you first need to take a task to find it from the necromancer Sandro. Without a quest Blacknor will not appear behind bars.
I took the task, Blacknor isn't there.
  • Some pickups need their size increased, as they can't be taken easily from the shelves. For example, the secret Quartz Flask in Blacklands can't be taken at all.
BigMemka

Post by BigMemka »

This was not the case in tests before. There may be an error in the script, we'll see.

The Quartz Flask can be taken from the side of the bed if you bend down even with low characteristics.
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

pagb666 wrote: Ok, then I broke the quest. Just re-checked with an old save and cheats. Since in Sorona I got a lot of quests leading me to Blackwater, I went there and cleared the whole map BEFORE even getting to the Necromancer's guild. Now Blacknor doesn't spawn at all :(
Spoiler:
If it does not work, then please write in detail exactly where and in what sequence you went on this map and further before taking the quest.
Cassidy
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Cassidy »

My apologies for the change of subject, but where can I find the Cowardly Satyr's key? This door in the crypt requires it and I don't want to use cheats to know what's beyond it.
BigMemka

Post by BigMemka »

Cassidy wrote:My apologies for the change of subject, but where can I find the Cowardly Satyr's key? This door in the crypt requires it and I don't want to use cheats to know what's beyond it.
This is one of the secret quests in Ascension.
Spoiler:
edu11

Post by edu11 »

Amazing TC! Just two comments:

1. Would it be possible to pick up armors and keep them in the inventory, until they are usable, just like with weapons/spells?

2. I don't know if shotguns fit inside this DnD-like universe...
pagb666

Post by pagb666 »

• There are 3 unreachable "1024" secret sectors in the sewers
Just finished it yesterday. Had a blast. If this doesn't get a Cacoward, I'lll be pissed.
BigMemka

Post by BigMemka »

edu11 wrote:Amazing TC! Just two comments:

1. Would it be possible to pick up armors and keep them in the inventory, until they are usable, just like with weapons/spells?

2. I don't know if shotguns fit inside this DnD-like universe...
1.No. But you can go back and get them when you improve your stats.

2.Why not? This is fantasy!
BigMemka

Post by BigMemka »

pagb666 wrote:
Just finished it yesterday. Had a blast. If this doesn't get a Cacoward, I'lll be pissed.
Ha-ha! After the doomworld scandal, I doubt it very much!
pagb666

Post by pagb666 »

BigMemka wrote:
pagb666 wrote:
Ha-ha! After the doomworld scandal, I doubt it very much!
No idea about the dramas, have been away from that crap for 20 years. Probably it's as stupid as they were back then. Anyway, easy Cacoward, best of the year so far.

Also, the eruption attack from the final boss also cripples performance, you should also consider removing the lightmaps it generates.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

BigMemka wrote: Ha-ha! After the doomworld scandal, I doubt it very much!
It really didn't had to be a scandal to start with.

Having said that, the quality on display is obvious, both here and in Shadowman's previous projects.
loplop6754

Post by loplop6754 »

Script error, "AscRes.pk3:actors/objects/homeobj.txt" line 2348:
Invalid parameter 'a_startsound'

I have tried launching the 2 provided files in different orders via a custom .bat, but this error always shows up. If I load only the ascens.wad file, all the textures and things are errored in-game.
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

loplop6754 wrote:Script error, "AscRes.pk3:actors/objects/homeobj.txt" line 2348:
Invalid parameter 'a_startsound'
What GZDoom version are you using?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”