Ascension (Release, v 1.4) - by Big Memka and Shadowman

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
BigMemka

Re: Ascension (Release, v 1.3) - by Big Memka and Shadowman

Post by BigMemka »

The quest with the Baldwin tablets remained unchanged. I checked now just in case. 4 signs in the city and 2 outside the city.
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

BigMemka wrote:The quest with the Baldwin tablets remained unchanged. I checked now just in case. 4 signs in the city and 2 outside the city.
Thank you, I missed one in the city :D

By the way, I think one of the shops (for example necromancers) should sell holy water (instead of for example flachettes), because there are multiple shops selling the same stuff but none selling/buying holy water.

EDIT: Burning Island has a "shadow over innsmouth" vibe which I like. It was different and exciting.
There is a missing line in my questbook before mages' and fighters' "staff of thoth" quests.
BigMemka

Post by BigMemka »

Well, we'll think about holy water. It's just that merchants have a limit on the number of items sold. And flachettes is the most popular thing to buy, so for convenience, everyone sells it. And holy water is much less in demand. Especially to sell it at the necromancers? Lol!
The missing line of tasks indicates that either you missed a quest, or it will appear later.
About Burning Island interesting observation. I read this Lovecraft story and watched the S. Gordon's movie "Daggon". And I liked them very much. Although the very idea of turning the inhabitants took from the wad Shadowman "Alien Flower".
SLON
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Ascension (Release, v 1.1) - by Big Memka and Shadowman

Post by SLON »

Shadowman wrote: I would like to note that this secret caused a big shit at Doomworld, soon after which I was banned there))
I hope that people on zdoom forum are more adequate in perceiving this kind of secrets. Just in case, this is a warning for those who haven't played yet :D .
I want to point out that Doomworld is obviously the worst site I've ever seen anywhere. Its entire population is a bunch of the most notorious arrogant self-complexed snobs the world has ever seen (and this is not an exaggeration). Whatever you do there, you will receive either insults or accusations of "copyright infringement" in response (which in turn does not them at all prevent from borrowing things from outside).
To be honest, from time to time it seems to me that this is a kind of sect, in the style of the worst conspiracy theories.
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

BigMemka wrote:to sell it at the necromancers? Lol!
hehe :mrgreen:
BigMemka wrote:The missing line of tasks indicates that either you missed a quest, or it will appear later.
If it is still missing at the end of the game, I will ask for help. If it should be filled before I leave Sorona for the fortress, please help now. It is after "head of achmel" and before "staff of thoth for mages"
BigMemka wrote:from the wad Shadowman "Alien Flower".
While I was searching for this, I found out there are "Heroes of Might and Magic 2" maps created by Shadowman. That explains the style of map pictures in Ascention. I also wonder how I can grab those maps. I wish there was a better catalogue for both your and Shadowman's previous (non-doom) works.
BigMemka

Post by BigMemka »

Send a screenshot of the quest log, then I'll tell you what quests are missing.

You can find out about other works of the authors in the text document. The Shadowman has a website with his work. But he is Russian-speaking. http://darkwatcher.freevar.com/
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

Thanks for the information, I'll look into them.

My quest log is as below;
QuestLog
QuestLog
BigMemka

Post by BigMemka »

Yes, I looked. All quests received. After the "bring the head" task, there is indeed a missing line.
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

anjinsanroland wrote:Thanks for the information, I'll look into them.

My quest log is as below;
As it turns out, the line numbers are the same for the Mariam quest message and the Burning Island quest. When you take both quests, the message about one of them will disappear from the journal. We will fix this bug in the final update along with the rest.
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

Thanks for the replies. Now I can continue playing without worry.

EDIT: I've just finished Acsention a 4th time. Though at the last boss fight there was serious frame drop, the whole playthrough was great as always. Thank you very much for all the extra polish and details for an already amazing mod.
Shadowman

Post by Shadowman »

We are glad that you like our mod!
If possible, write in more detail - were there any other places or situations that should be corrected or improved?
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

Apart from the comperative discussion we had on the I3D thread, I would like some parts of the levels to be more claustrophobic.
BigMemka

Post by BigMemka »

Thank you for your feedback! So far, no one has written about the new map "Adamantine Islands". I would like to hear your opinion about the balance, the boss battle. What if something can be improved. Were you able to quickly solve the puzzle with 4 pictures?
anjinsanroland

Post by anjinsanroland »

Island boss battle was hard and satisfying like the boss of the mushroom area. However since Island was hard to begin with, player will be rich and high level when reaching the boss, so the player can easily use tower of defence or other resources to make it simple.

I found 2 of the 3 pictures needed for the puzzle. Then tried with save/load for the 3rd one at the picture selection platform. I didn't know the pictures were the small square ones because there was a beatiful medium sized painting in the area so I was looking for pictures of that size.

Beginning of the level was harder until finding the artifact. Then it got easier until the boss.

My wis/str character was very powerful so my feedback for the balance may not be accurate. Boss battle was hard for me because I was too lazy to return to Sorona to replenish my resources.
otarU1921

Post by otarU1921 »

I think there is a bug on the first training npc, he says that he can train up to 13 of a attribute, but I was able to reach 15 str through him.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”