[RELEASE] PSX DOOM / FINALDOOM / DOOM64 on Gzdoom [GEC] ME

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro/Win 8.1
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [RELEASE] PSX DOOM / FINALDOOM / DOOM64 on Gzdoom [GEC]

Post by TDRR »

bangstk wrote:For the next version, one thing you might consider doing is adding the PSXDOOM.PK3 / Final Doom / Doom 64 files as IWADS in gzdoom.pk3's iwad.txt file, that way you can choose which one to play just from running gzdoom.exe instead of dealing with batch files. They can even get separate config file sections in the same .ini.

The pk3s only need a handful of changes to run totally independent of DOOM2.WAD, in particular doom 64 needs a PLAYPAL lump and the border graphics. Everything else is just a couple console-only warnings about some missing menu graphics (which can just have invisible versions added)
And then you remember:
TheMafla

Post by TheMafla »

I've played this for a while and it's great. Recreate the original games almost perfectly, but I have a question. How can I make maps for this port? either for PSX Doom or Doom 64.
Gerardo194

Post by Gerardo194 »

hikari47 wrote:Does anyone know why this mod keeps giving me "BlahblahMod.pk3 mapinfo.txt line 1: statscreen: unknown top level keyword" error every time?!

EDIT: Seems like this wasn't updated for GZDoom v4.2.0...
Glad to know you realized what was the problem, my friend.
Solus wrote:Hello!
I have a question: what's difference between this version and the ones on DooMWorld (PSXDooM) and ModDB (DooM 64)?
I don't know what you mean ... we haven't upload anything on ModDB... if you are referring to Retribution, well the difference is GREAT!!! Play them all and you will see it!!
Solus wrote:Hello!
SamVision wrote:PSXDoom of this version is more accurate to the original, much more accurate.
Thank you!!! Wait for more!!
bangstk wrote:For the next version, one thing you might consider doing is adding the PSXDOOM.PK3 / Final Doom / Doom 64 files as IWADS in gzdoom.pk3's iwad.txt file, that way you can choose which one to play just from running gzdoom.exe instead of dealing with batch files. They can even get separate config file sections in the same .ini.

The pk3s only need a handful of changes to run totally independent of DOOM2.WAD, in particular doom 64 needs a PLAYPAL lump and the border graphics. Everything else is just a couple console-only warnings about some missing menu graphics (which can just have invisible versions added)
Who knows?? maybe in the future...
TheMafla wrote:I've played this for a while and it's great. Recreate the original games almost perfectly, but I have a question. How can I make maps for this port? either for PSX Doom or Doom 64.
Tools for editing haven't been made public yet... But they will.
More is coming for PSXDoom and Doom64.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

I heard this project is being renamed and rebranded.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

SamVision wrote:I heard this project is being renamed and rebranded.
The engine powering this is supposed to be called DZDoom, correct me if wrong.
Gerardo194

Post by Gerardo194 »

DZDoom (DarkZDoom) that's correct. This will happen when version 3 releases.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”