It's Real And It Kills AKA Everything Sucks- Heretic Megawad

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
enkeli33

It's Real And It Kills AKA Everything Sucks- Heretic Megawad

Post by enkeli33 »

Hi guys, I'd like to promote my project - an episode for Heretic
  • Contains 9 maps (8 + one secret)
  • It's Vanilla Heretic
  • 90s style
From txt:
"I'ts Real And It kills (AKA Everything Sucks)" is a PWAD for Heretic. It contains a new episode (8 maps + one secret map).

The whole episode was made in "Heretic" format in Doom Builder 2. So basically it's Vanilla.

And because it's Vanilla, don't use jump and crouch, please.

===========================================================================
* Maps *
===========================================================================

E1M1 - The Harbor
E1M2 - The Caverns
E1M3 - In Tremor Dei
E1M4 - The City
E1M5 - The Winter
E1M6 - The Spaceship
E1M7 - The Water Maze
E1M8 - Procyon Lotor
E1M9 - House of Blood

[imgur]https://www.imgur.com/GbUekYR[/imgur]
Or
Matthias
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: It's Real And It Kills AKA Everything Sucks- Heretic Meg

Post by Nems »

I'm just getting back into Heretic so I will definitely give this a shot. May take me a few days but once I'm done playing it I'll leave my thoughts and comments on it. Always nice to see more Heretic stuff get released. (:
enkeli33

Post by enkeli33 »

Nems wrote:I'm just getting back into Heretic so I will definitely give this a shot. May take me a few days but once I'm done playing it I'll leave my thoughts and comments on it. Always nice to see more Heretic stuff get released. (:
I am looking forward to your feedback :)
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

I finished playing it last night and I really enjoyed it! The beginning was a bit rough for me at first as I had to resort to melee for most of level 1 but after that the difficulty stabilized itself. I really loved the use of Heretic's colorful textures and how each level focuses on one color for most of it. I think of all the levels, I was most impressed with the Spaceship one as it never even occurred to me that such a level could be made with Heretic's textures. That was a creative use of textures.

I hope you make more Heretic levels in the future. This was a blast to play. Well done. <3
enkeli33

Post by enkeli33 »

Nems wrote:I finished playing it last night and I really enjoyed it! The beginning was a bit rough for me at first as I had to resort to melee for most of level 1 but after that the difficulty stabilized itself. I really loved the use of Heretic's colorful textures and how each level focuses on one color for most of it. I think of all the levels, I was most impressed with the Spaceship one as it never even occurred to me that such a level could be made with Heretic's textures. That was a creative use of textures.
Hi,

Thanks for your feedback! I am happy you liked it.

I wanted to make pure vanilla first, but Heretic has almost no textures, so I downloaded some on Realm667 and with them you have suddenly lots of ideas - like the Spaceship for example :D Also I am a little bored of medival in heretic, so I wanted to make something differented :)
I hope you make more Heretic levels in the future. This was a blast to play. Well done. <3
Well I want to focus on Hexen now actually :D

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”