Operation Sea Wolf [RELEASED] - Arctic Wolf Remake

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
ImpieTwo

Re: Operation Sea Wolf [RELEASED] - Arctic Wolf Remake

Post by ImpieTwo »

QuakedoomNukem Cz wrote:I've sent him a PM with new fonts (not new, but ones that would fit and replace the old Doom fonts, Solid Snake ones) and screenshots of various areas, including these ones with crosshairs.
I forgot to add those shots to the last update. I'm removing them from my own to keep the look consistent. The fonts I didn't end up using since not all of it worked, and some of the letters are too highly stylized to read easily. That screenshot though, kinda makes the crosshair look like a light in the electronics, so i wasn't worried about it at the time.
Enjay wrote:I'm not really sure why, but the Jailbreak level was my favourite. It just felt really good IMO. The back-track to get the red key was a bit extreme though. I thought that fighting all the way into the prison only to be told I'd need a key to release the prisoner was OK. However, although I wasn't told, the key was on the other side of the map. As a result, without any additional clue where the key might be (normal game logic would tell me in the prison, possibly even quite nearby) I had to get back out of the prison, wander all the way across the map to a passage that wasn't previously open, get onto a submarine, get the key and then work my way back to the prison again (albeit, that on the return journey, all resistance was dead :D ). I just thought that there might be a more logical way to set that up. All the individual parts were good, just that the logic seemed a bit... well, illogical. Nevertheless, I still really enjoyed playing that level.
I really enjoy how Jailbreak turned out too, and I'm not sure why, either. As for the backtracking, that's probably a holdover from how the Arctic Wolf maps were designed. Imagine dealing with that all the time across 20 maps, and adding backtracking to find arbitrarily hidden switches as well. Ugh.

Thanks for all the feedback, too. I'm making the fixes now.
Korell

Post by Korell »

Well I'm now on to map 3 of Sea Wolf, The Dam. I did experience a bug with map 2 in that I couldn't pick up anything. I'm not sure if it was the mod itself or GZDoom as I did update the dev build version I'm using. I'd saved at the mission briefing screen and when I spawned in I couldn't pick up anything at all. When starting a new game and then using the map command in the console to get to map02 I was then able to pick up items, so I used that to continue and create a new save. I've not had the issue when I finished map 2 so I don't know what happened here.

Anyway, I'm currently stuck on map 3. I have all of the keys, I've killed all the enemies I've come across so far and switched all of the switches, but the exit door is still shut. Using noclip it seems to suggest that I need to go through the exit door to continue as that's where the next set of enemies are and it would make sense that as I've used the switches and killed the mini-bosses that that's where I need to go to, but it's not letting me. Any ideas?
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Map03

If you have killed everything and found all the keys, something may be wrong but, just in case...
Spoiler:
Korell

Post by Korell »

Enjay wrote:Map03

If you have killed everything and found all the keys, something may be wrong but, just in case...
Spoiler:
I'm actually stuck just outside of that part of the map you've posted there. It's the big door with the exit symbol that you go through that leads to the stairs up to that section in your image. It just hasn't opened so I cannot continue without noclipping through it. Once through, I then get some enemies to kill, get to an elevator and up to bit you've then detailed in the spoiler. So I've no idea why the exit door in the facility hasn't opened.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Korell wrote:I'm actually stuck just outside of that part of the map you've posted there. It's the big door with the exit symbol that you go through that leads to the stairs up to that section in your image. It just hasn't opened so I cannot continue without noclipping through it. Once through, I then get some enemies to kill, get to an elevator and up to bit you've then detailed in the spoiler. So I've no idea why the exit door in the facility hasn't opened.
Ah right, in that case...

Spoiler:
Korell

Post by Korell »

Enjay wrote:Ah right, in that case...
:D Yep, that worked. I missed that valve. Thanks!
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Couple updates:

- Finally got to the bottom of the graphical glitch for the missile pod explosions: they were sharing a file name with those of the sea mines. The mini-missiles now look proper when they blow in all three mods (Project Einherjar, Midgard Outlaw, and this one).

- I've finally finished the book based on Project Einherjar, and it's now in the editing phase. Longest work I've ever written at 400+ pages. Whoo!
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

ImpieTwo wrote: - I've finally finished the book based on Project Einherjar, and it's now in the editing phase. Longest work I've ever written at 400+ pages. Whoo!
This is really neat. :)
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

There were issues with some boss events not triggering correctly in the latest gzdoom i guess, so the mod has been updated to correct this.
Rex705

Post by Rex705 »

Oh boy I see map 4 has some nudity. That's going to be an issue for Youtube :wub:
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Not really. Just mark the video as adult content - no problem.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Yeah, users will be really thrilled if they have to log in for watching the video...
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Rex705 wrote:Oh boy I see map 4 has some nudity. That's going to be an issue for Youtube :wub:
They haven't flagged the trailer, which shows some nudity. But it's only in a couple secret areas you can easily avoid, if you're really worried about it. You kinda have to go out of your way to unlock both areas. I'd just skip those secrets rather than force people to log in to see your video. Or edit those bits out and include them as an 18+ "omake" mini-video.
Echelon5

Post by Echelon5 »

We're still doing unskippable cutscenes in Anno Domini 2019, huh.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Echelon5 wrote:We're still doing unskippable cutscenes in Anno Domini 2019, huh.
Press Use...?

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”