The Crimson Deed | Public Beta Out Now! Happy Halloween!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: The Crimson Deed

Postby PRIMEVAL » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:06 pm

This looks badass.
User avatar
PRIMEVAL
 
Joined: 13 Jan 2012
Location: Cleveland

Re: The Crimson Deed

Postby .ex.inferis. » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:31 pm

Words cannot express properly my excitement for this project. Its aesthetic is quite sublime. It evokes Dark Souls, Bloodborne, HeXen and Castlevania all simultaneously. Very impressive.
User avatar
.ex.inferis.
 
Joined: 17 Dec 2008
Location: Within the Black Star

Re: The Crimson Deed

Postby Pandut » Fri Oct 05, 2018 5:39 pm

This looks way cool. Dark fantasy with punk elements? Count me in! :)
User avatar
Pandut
help
 
Joined: 23 Mar 2010
Location: A room with a moose.

Re: The Crimson Deed

Postby Chloroxite » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:35 pm

IS THIS A METROID VANIA I SMELL???
*Whifs* Oh BOY I cannot wait!
Chloroxite
 
Joined: 01 Jun 2017
Discord: #8429

Re: The Crimson Deed

Postby Mere_Duke » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:02 pm

From a few frames of the reveal trailer right to the "list of upcoming cool projects".
User avatar
Mere_Duke
Code Inspector
 
Joined: 28 Aug 2016
Location: Russia

Re: The Crimson Deed

Postby TheRailgunner » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:52 am

Batandy wrote:
Vostyok wrote:Fukn saved this project to favorites bar.

This looks awesome. Is there going to be a developing story in this? Even if it's just a cutscene/story description between major sections.


Story is done in a souls-like manner where the world speaks for itself, you're also gonna find notes here and there and will be able to talk to some NPCs
Image

Gorman Frebmane wrote:Why does it feel like you recycled pbr textures from your castlevania mod?


Because i'm using the exact same method for this new project, except that i'm also adding parallax mapping to some specific textures.


Perhaps "This enchanted seal shall protect this crypt until our deed becomes but mere myth/but a mere myth" could work as well? I sort of wanted to suggest "safeguard" in the place of "protect", but that gives a slightly corny bit of alliteration in the opening words of the line. I felt that an ancient vampire - and the seal that protects her crypt - would be host to slightly more archaic grammar and/or wording (mainly "just a mere myth" seems a touch too modern).

That said, I'm too damn psyched to see this develop - but enough talk, have at you!
User avatar
TheRailgunner
Sunglasses Security Guy knows when you're necrobumping.
 
Joined: 08 Jul 2013

Re: The Crimson Deed

Postby Batandy » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:30 am

TheRailgunner wrote:Perhaps "This enchanted seal shall protect this crypt until our deed becomes but mere myth/but a mere myth" could work as well? I sort of wanted to suggest "safeguard" in the place of "protect", but that gives a slightly corny bit of alliteration in the opening words of the line. I felt that an ancient vampire - and the seal that protects her crypt - would be host to slightly more archaic grammar and/or wording (mainly "just a mere myth" seems a touch too modern).

That said, I'm too damn psyched to see this develop - but enough talk, have at you!

Thank you very much!
I'll keep it in mind. I'll proof read texts and revise them after i've got more stuff ready. I tend not to dwelve too much into archaic English, because as a non-native speaker, setting the bar that high and then having to follow it for the whole project might slow me down and make the whole writing process harder. So for now i'm limiting myself on getting consistent lines ready so i can eventually add some flavor to them later.


Here's a new screenshot, showing a very WIP power:
Image
You'll be able to temporarily summon bat familiars to attack your enemies, it's pretty useful as a crowd control magic attack.
Speaking of which, magic is called Animus, and it's a major plot point of the story, i'm not gonna reveal it, so you'll have to find out by yourself! :)
User avatar
Batandy
"If it's not fun, why bother?"
 
Joined: 19 Jul 2011

Re: The Crimson Deed

Postby Batandy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:49 am

These days i've been working on improving the performance of the game. The results are pretty good, game looks great and plays smooth as butter (I have an amd FX and a GTX 760, and I get an average of 60-140 fps at 1080p).
Image
I've also worked on some new props, these are from Warchild's model packs but edited with new textures and normal/specular maps. I had to manually place every candle's fire on the chandelier, it was tedious but worth it in the end :)
User avatar
Batandy
"If it's not fun, why bother?"
 
Joined: 19 Jul 2011

Re: The Crimson Deed

Postby Vostyok » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:52 am

That shotgun looks pretty beefy, but a bit rough. Would you like something a little more matching your other sprites? I'm doing a couple of jobs for some other people here, but I could whip something up for you. Your choice entirely.
User avatar
Vostyok
Vostyok is dead. Long live Vostyok.
 
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Forbidden Zone
Discord: Vostyok#3164

Re: The Crimson Deed

Postby Batandy » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:34 am

Vostyok wrote:That shotgun looks pretty beefy, but a bit rough. Would you like something a little more matching your other sprites? I'm doing a couple of jobs for some other people here, but I could whip something up for you. Your choice entirely.


I'm fine with the current version, but if you want, sure, i'll send you the sprites.
User avatar
Batandy
"If it's not fun, why bother?"
 
Joined: 19 Jul 2011

Re: The Crimson Deed

Postby chronoteeth » Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:21 am

Batandy wrote:These days i've been working on improving the performance of the game. The results are pretty good, game looks great and plays smooth as butter (I have an amd FX and a GTX 760, and I get an average of 60-140 fps at 1080p).
Image
I've also worked on some new props, these are from Warchild's model packs but edited with new textures and normal/specular maps. I had to manually place every candle's fire on the chandelier, it was tedious but worth it in the end :)


this is not really much of an issue, but more of a personal nitpick. that hand always seemed a bit strange to me how its held. Since the wrist dips almost completely vertical down, it always felt like an arm that was being held upward, but the wrist almost bent fully 90 degrees. Its more of a thing with how the blood/powerslave hands are, so its not much. you can hide a lil bit of it by using the arm/wrist from another sprite and meshing it together.

Spoiler: my pea brain keeps thinkin its a bit like this
User avatar
chronoteeth
abubub
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2004

Re: The Crimson Deed

Postby MaxRideWizardLord » Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:32 am

I just hope that you could eventually naturally regen mana from within, without depending on the pickups. Other than that, waiting to actually play this awesome thing.
User avatar
MaxRideWizardLord
 
Joined: 26 Jan 2016

Re: The Crimson Deed

Postby Batandy » Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:05 am

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:I just hope that you could eventually naturally regen mana from within, without depending on the pickups. Other than that, waiting to actually play this awesome thing.

Works like in Bioshock, you can get 5 mana refills that you can activate whenever you want, and you can also find pickups that instantly give you mana, same thing for health.
User avatar
Batandy
"If it's not fun, why bother?"
 
Joined: 19 Jul 2011

Re: The Crimson Deed

Postby MaxRideWizardLord » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:18 pm

Batandy wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:I just hope that you could eventually naturally regen mana from within, without depending on the pickups. Other than that, waiting to actually play this awesome thing.

Works like in Bioshock, you can get 5 mana refills that you can activate whenever you want, and you can also find pickups that instantly give you mana, same thing for health.


The only Bioshock I've ever played was Bioshock 2 multiplayer (the rest cannot work on my toaster unfortunatelly, not even singleplayer of B2 without getting dark screen for no reason). So if I'm not mistaken, are you're saying it works like in Bioshock 2 multiplayer? So, if you're not shooting, say, pyrokinetic or electrokinetic attack for about 5 seconds, it starting automatically slowly regen it's mana over time? I remember the multiplayer had some kind of mana dispenser stations with infinite mana bottles or something like that, but I didn't like to depend on these as I prefer to rely on mana regeneration more, although since it only work after 5 seconds of not using it at all and regen slowly, it was quite restricted from using carelessly and forced you to worry about mana management.
User avatar
MaxRideWizardLord
 
Joined: 26 Jan 2016

Re: The Crimson Deed

Postby Batandy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:47 am

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:
Batandy wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:I just hope that you could eventually naturally regen mana from within, without depending on the pickups. Other than that, waiting to actually play this awesome thing.

Works like in Bioshock, you can get 5 mana refills that you can activate whenever you want, and you can also find pickups that instantly give you mana, same thing for health.


The only Bioshock I've ever played was Bioshock 2 multiplayer (the rest cannot work on my toaster unfortunatelly, not even singleplayer of B2 without getting dark screen for no reason). So if I'm not mistaken, are you're saying it works like in Bioshock 2 multiplayer?

I've never had the chance to try Bioshock 2's multiplayer, but still, plasmids work differently in single player:
There's no mama regeneration, you have to find items to refill it, from common items which give you small amounts of mana to the EVE syringes, which can be kept in the inventory and used any time, yeah there are dispensers but they are not free and you have to pay to get the refills (Unless there's a puzzle which requires plasmids, so they give you freebies to avoid getting stuck in the game). This is the same system used in The Crimson Deed.
User avatar
Batandy
"If it's not fun, why bother?"
 
Joined: 19 Jul 2011

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests