The Crimson Deed

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
PRIMEVAL

Re: The Crimson Deed

Post by PRIMEVAL »

This looks badass.
.ex.inferis.

Post by .ex.inferis. »

Words cannot express properly my excitement for this project. Its aesthetic is quite sublime. It evokes Dark Souls, Bloodborne, HeXen and Castlevania all simultaneously. Very impressive.
Pandut
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Pandut »

This looks way cool. Dark fantasy with punk elements? Count me in! :)
Chloroxite

Post by Chloroxite »

IS THIS A METROID VANIA I SMELL???
*Whifs* Oh BOY I cannot wait!
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

From a few frames of the reveal trailer right to the "list of upcoming cool projects".
TheRailgunner

Post by TheRailgunner »

Batandy wrote:
Vostyok wrote:Fukn saved this project to favorites bar.

This looks awesome. Is there going to be a developing story in this? Even if it's just a cutscene/story description between major sections.
Story is done in a souls-like manner where the world speaks for itself, you're also gonna find notes here and there and will be able to talk to some NPCs
Gorman Frebmane wrote:Why does it feel like you recycled pbr textures from your castlevania mod?
Because i'm using the exact same method for this new project, except that i'm also adding parallax mapping to some specific textures.
Perhaps "This enchanted seal shall protect this crypt until our deed becomes but mere myth/but a mere myth" could work as well? I sort of wanted to suggest "safeguard" in the place of "protect", but that gives a slightly corny bit of alliteration in the opening words of the line. I felt that an ancient vampire - and the seal that protects her crypt - would be host to slightly more archaic grammar and/or wording (mainly "just a mere myth" seems a touch too modern).

That said, I'm too damn psyched to see this develop - but enough talk, have at you!
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

TheRailgunner wrote: Perhaps "This enchanted seal shall protect this crypt until our deed becomes but mere myth/but a mere myth" could work as well? I sort of wanted to suggest "safeguard" in the place of "protect", but that gives a slightly corny bit of alliteration in the opening words of the line. I felt that an ancient vampire - and the seal that protects her crypt - would be host to slightly more archaic grammar and/or wording (mainly "just a mere myth" seems a touch too modern).

That said, I'm too damn psyched to see this develop - but enough talk, have at you!
Thank you very much!
I'll keep it in mind. I'll proof read texts and revise them after i've got more stuff ready. I tend not to dwelve too much into archaic English, because as a non-native speaker, setting the bar that high and then having to follow it for the whole project might slow me down and make the whole writing process harder. So for now i'm limiting myself on getting consistent lines ready so i can eventually add some flavor to them later.

Here's a new screenshot, showing a very WIP power:
You'll be able to temporarily summon bat familiars to attack your enemies, it's pretty useful as a crowd control magic attack.
Speaking of which, magic is called Animus, and it's a major plot point of the story, i'm not gonna reveal it, so you'll have to find out by yourself! :)
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

These days i've been working on improving the performance of the game. The results are pretty good, game looks great and plays smooth as butter (I have an amd FX and a GTX 760, and I get an average of 60-140 fps at 1080p).
I've also worked on some new props, these are from Warchild's model packs but edited with new textures and normal/specular maps. I had to manually place every candle's fire on the chandelier, it was tedious but worth it in the end :)
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

That shotgun looks pretty beefy, but a bit rough. Would you like something a little more matching your other sprites? I'm doing a couple of jobs for some other people here, but I could whip something up for you. Your choice entirely.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

Vostyok wrote:That shotgun looks pretty beefy, but a bit rough. Would you like something a little more matching your other sprites? I'm doing a couple of jobs for some other people here, but I could whip something up for you. Your choice entirely.
I'm fine with the current version, but if you want, sure, i'll send you the sprites.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

Batandy wrote:These days i've been working on improving the performance of the game. The results are pretty good, game looks great and plays smooth as butter (I have an amd FX and a GTX 760, and I get an average of 60-140 fps at 1080p).
I've also worked on some new props, these are from Warchild's model packs but edited with new textures and normal/specular maps. I had to manually place every candle's fire on the chandelier, it was tedious but worth it in the end :)
this is not really much of an issue, but more of a personal nitpick. that hand always seemed a bit strange to me how its held. Since the wrist dips almost completely vertical down, it always felt like an arm that was being held upward, but the wrist almost bent fully 90 degrees. Its more of a thing with how the blood/powerslave hands are, so its not much. you can hide a lil bit of it by using the arm/wrist from another sprite and meshing it together.
Spoiler: my pea brain keeps thinkin its a bit like this
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

I just hope that you could eventually naturally regen mana from within, without depending on the pickups. Other than that, waiting to actually play this awesome thing.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:I just hope that you could eventually naturally regen mana from within, without depending on the pickups. Other than that, waiting to actually play this awesome thing.
Works like in Bioshock, you can get 5 mana refills that you can activate whenever you want, and you can also find pickups that instantly give you mana, same thing for health.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

Batandy wrote:
MaxRideWizardLord wrote:I just hope that you could eventually naturally regen mana from within, without depending on the pickups. Other than that, waiting to actually play this awesome thing.
Works like in Bioshock, you can get 5 mana refills that you can activate whenever you want, and you can also find pickups that instantly give you mana, same thing for health.
The only Bioshock I've ever played was Bioshock 2 multiplayer (the rest cannot work on my toaster unfortunatelly, not even singleplayer of B2 without getting dark screen for no reason). So if I'm not mistaken, are you're saying it works like in Bioshock 2 multiplayer? So, if you're not shooting, say, pyrokinetic or electrokinetic attack for about 5 seconds, it starting automatically slowly regen it's mana over time? I remember the multiplayer had some kind of mana dispenser stations with infinite mana bottles or something like that, but I didn't like to depend on these as I prefer to rely on mana regeneration more, although since it only work after 5 seconds of not using it at all and regen slowly, it was quite restricted from using carelessly and forced you to worry about mana management.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:
Batandy wrote:
The only Bioshock I've ever played was Bioshock 2 multiplayer (the rest cannot work on my toaster unfortunatelly, not even singleplayer of B2 without getting dark screen for no reason). So if I'm not mistaken, are you're saying it works like in Bioshock 2 multiplayer?
I've never had the chance to try Bioshock 2's multiplayer, but still, plasmids work differently in single player:
There's no mama regeneration, you have to find items to refill it, from common items which give you small amounts of mana to the EVE syringes, which can be kept in the inventory and used any time, yeah there are dispensers but they are not free and you have to pay to get the refills (Unless there's a puzzle which requires plasmids, so they give you freebies to avoid getting stuck in the game). This is the same system used in The Crimson Deed.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”