F3 Stuff (Fallout 3\ New Vegas in DooM)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Armorum_Adamantium

F3 Stuff (Fallout 3\ New Vegas in DooM)

Post by Armorum_Adamantium »

Hail,
This mod was started after i saw Fallout 4 gameplay demonstration. So i was like "November? That is too long to wait." And I decided to make my own fallout in game i really like. I was making mod usually when i had enthusiasm. So that's why it took this long.
Mod Page https://www.moddb.com/mods/f3-stuff
Dunno what add next... There is already a ton of weapons. Some of them just need update.
You got:
Spiked Knuckles, Bowie knife, Chainsaw, Autoaxe, Powerfist, Dynamite\frag grenades.
10mm pistol, .44 revolver, .357 revolver, Chinese pistol, .45 auto pistol, Battle Rifle.
Hunting Shotgun, Double Barrelled shotgun, Sawed-off Shotgun, Combat shotgun, Lever-action shotgun.
Minigun, .45 smg, 10mm smg, Chinese assault rifle.
Missile launcher, flamer, heavy incinerator, rok-it launcher.
Plasma Rifle, Laser Rifle, Tesla Cannon, Gauss Rifle.
Fatman.
Some features:
Medkits is stored in inventory as ammo for stimpak\superstimpak.
Silencer can be attached\detached to .45 auto pistol. And for 10mm pistol too. Default "O".
10mm pistol and .44 revolver have feature to change sound between Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas. Default key "k".
Still no custom NPCs. Maps.
Also, sorry for my broken english.
camper

Re: F3 Stuff (Fallout 3\ New Vegas in DooM)

Post by camper »

It would be great to see a Fallout 1.2 inventory and two weapons slots.
Armorum_Adamantium

Post by Armorum_Adamantium »

camper wrote:It would be great to see a Fallout 1.2 inventory and two weapons slots.
Dunno how to make that.
camper

Post by camper »

I also do not know how to do it. In GZDOOM there is a usual inventory, why it is impossible to add weapons to it, but only items? It should look something like the link.
https://www.instalki.pl/components/com_ ... ilauth.jpg
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

The only thing I can figure is adding Quake 2-like "selectors" to the inventory bar that, when used, switch to the weapon in question. You could then probably "forget" to give those weapons slot numbers...but that'd be a pain for those players that rely on Next/Previous Weapon buttons, or number keys, or any number of other inputs.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

camper wrote:I also do not know how to do it. In GZDOOM there is a usual inventory, why it is impossible to add weapons to it, but only items? It should look something like the link.
https://www.instalki.pl/components/com_ ... ilauth.jpg
I suggest asking Marisa Kirisame about her implementation in Soundless Mound. There you can select the weapons via the inventory bar too.
camper

Post by camper »

wildweasel wrote:The only thing I can figure is adding Quake 2-like "selectors" to the inventory bar that, when used, switch to the weapon in question. You could then probably "forget" to give those weapons slot numbers...but that'd be a pain for those players that rely on Next/Previous Weapon buttons, or number keys, or any number of other inputs.
Maybe do not need a fast weapon switch. Enough two slots or even one. A player may use a kick or weapon blow as an alternate fire.
DabbingSquidward wrote:
I suggest asking Marisa Kirisame about her implementation in Soundless Mound. There you can select the weapons via the inventory bar too.
Yes, this is what need. Wonderful.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

Well, I tried making a hacky workaround, and it worked, but it was...well, not correct.

So, I had CustomInventory weapons. When the "item" was used, it gived player the weapon. When other one was used, it removed all weapons from player and again given him the new one. It was clunky and it had issues, so I dropped it. Also I got to note that it was done with decorate and acs, before the zscript. I believe it could be done better in zscript, but, well, I dont have the skills to do that right.
Turret49

Post by Turret49 »

Playing this in GZDoom 3.7.2, the DeadMarineNew actor causes my game to crash most of the time on load, It seems to be something about the RandomSpawners being spawned with A_CustomMissile. Using A_SpawnItem instead fixes the crashing, at any rate.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”