[Now On ModDB!] [ECWolf] Wolfenstein 3D - Fourth Encounter

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Orka

Re: [ECWolf] Wolfenstein 3D - Fourth Encounter

Post by Orka »

Zen3001 wrote:absolutely love this one, the shootouts feel tense and epic (with m+y imagination atleast) and never overwhelming, there's a nice level of detail, I mean compared to the original wolfenstein I feel like you used way more props here, the places look memorable and I believe you used the ambush flag which is pretty cool too, a nice little stealth element.

whatever I'm coming across a lot of these missing textures or I think they're called xlats I don't know, just take a look at this screenshot

there are a lot more of these in the second map (which I played after the clean secret map) and they're getting kind of game breaking
Thank you for your feedback. :) Honestly I don't really know what caused the problem. From the screenshot that you posted I recognize that it's supposed to be a sign on the blue wall which is a base texture from the original full game... The shareware version of course has less stuffs from the full game. Do you have the shareware or the full version of Wolfenstein 3D? If you have the full version then can you show me more screenshots, please? Cause I would look into the code (not like if I'm an expert in coding but I will give it a try)...
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

nope, it's the shareware version sorry to bug with this in that case
Orka

Post by Orka »

No problem. It's my bad. I should have pointed out that it needs the full version of the game. :(
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Zen3001 wrote:and were do you get that version? the only link I found seems to be for version 1.3.3 not sure if this makes a big difference but it might be the reason why the mod is crashing everytime I start an episode

Since the mod author using dev builds of ECWolf so I guess he got it from DRD Team Dev. Builds site as, the port author also the maintainer of that service(for auto-build tools).

https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/ecwolf/

Yeah, I know the first post already provided proper link with that 180820-0321 build for this mod, but just want to point this out, but I think mod authors should tell user if you're using latest SVN/Dev. builds for your mod(since mod won't working with latest ECWolf 1.3.3 release).

--

Nah, is it legal for using shareware release of Wolf3D to play mods? Since I know DooM(and some other games) has this limitation, but not sure about Wolf3D...
Orka

Post by Orka »

PlayerLin wrote:Since the mod author using dev builds of ECWolf so I guess he got it from DRD Team Dev. Builds site as, the port author also the maintainer of that service(for auto-build tools).

https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/ecwolf/
Yep. That's the link. :) Why couldn't I find it, I have no idea....
PlayerLin wrote:
Nah, is it legal for using shareware release of Wolf3D to play mods? Since I know DooM(and some other games) has this limitation, but not sure about Wolf3D...
Playing mods with shareware Wolf3D doesn't affect legality in any shape or form but it affects the gameplay in a really bad way... and it can be a really bad experience. As I told earlier the shareware Wolf3D has less stuffs than the full release so if the mod uses the full game as the base it would be really glitchy.
For example if there is an officer around the level then he wouldn't show up since the shareware game didn't have officers (nor mutants, bosses after Hans etc.)

The true question is: Is it legal to contain resources and codes in a mod that would allow shareware-Wolf3D owners to enjoy the mod (that was meant to be played with the full game) as well?
(I guess the answer is no but I'm not sure...)

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”