Eternal Snuggle - The cutest horryfing retro FPS

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
WhyNott

Eternal Snuggle - The cutest horryfing retro FPS

Post by WhyNott »

Eternal Snuggle is a colourful total conversion arena shooter running on the GZDoom engine inspired by games like Painkiller, Serious Sam, Painkiller, Painkiller: Battle out of Hell, and Painkiller. As a cute blue bunny, you take arms against a totalitarian regime of Love Bunnies, who enslaved your land and branwashed you and your friends into being little more then obedient workers for their malevolently benevolent agendas.

The thematic aim of the game is to balance out elements of adorability and very subtle psychological horror (without ever going overboard or breaking the artstyle). The gameplay aim of the game is to smash rabbits to death with crude farming tools and shoot them with a variety of weapons.

Features:
• Cute artstyle with hi-res non-pixelart graphics
• Arena shooter stage-based gameplay inspired by Painkiller
• Zscript-based Bunnyhopping (of course!)
• Detailed environment design (well, eventually)
• Advanced aresenal of inventive weapons (well, also eventually)
• Adrenaline-pumping royality free soundtrack
• Very sinister undertones

Currently the game functions as little more than a simplistic prototype, but I intend to deliver the demo of the first level by the end of the year.

A simple video demostrating what I got so far:

(Do note that this was recorded by my friend who did not know that you can bunnyhop, so if the movement seems slow thats why. Once I have access to my main PC I'll record better footage myself.)
Whoah

Re: Eternal Snuggle - The cutest horryfing retro FPS

Post by Whoah »

This looks bitchin so far! Stark contrast to the stuff usually floating around the Doom community! I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I'm just getting "video unavailable".

However, this looks... a bit rule 34-ish. :shock:

:P
WhyNott

Post by WhyNott »

Enjay wrote:I'm just getting "video unavailable".

However, this looks... a bit rule 34-ish.

:P
Hmm, maybe a direct link could help?
https://youtu.be/vKjZAV8WvMI
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

A direct link did indeed help. Looks pretty cool. More action packed than I expected from your description.
Twitchy2019

Post by Twitchy2019 »

Make this so I can strip out the main character and put in Samsara Duke. I need to kill virtual cute things with extra explosions!
kodi

Post by kodi »

I'm gonna call this Watership Doom and you can't stop me. On a more serious note, I'm interested in the type of level design we'll see.
MaxRideWizardLord

Post by MaxRideWizardLord »

How did you manage the sprites look so smooth? First time I see a mod where I can't see a single pixel of the weapon sprite. Or was it just rendered really well?
Xane123
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Xane123 »

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:How did you manage the sprites look so smooth? First time I see a mod where I can't see a single pixel of the weapon sprite.
:geek: Weapon sprites support hi-res textures. Make the normal weapon sprites the usual low-res with offsets, but then also include the original-size images in the HiRes folder and weapons will look smooth.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”