Compendium - Classic Megawad Compilation

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Compendium - Classic Megawad Compilation

Postby Miru » Tue May 05, 2020 1:31 pm

I've checked this one out, and I'm mostly satisfied, but there's a few tweaks I'd add; namely that there could be a description of the megawad you are about to enter as you come up close to the entrance of the Megawad. The description could give players more of a clue about the set of levels they are about to enter, such as their length, the general type of gameplay, the history of the wad, etc. I also noticed that with AeOD, no weapons are given to the player by default.
Miru

Postby Neophyte_Ronin » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:30 pm

Zhs2 wrote:Project Slipgate has a few noteworthy things to fix:

- SLP02's yellow door never opens, making the map impossible to complete normally. The switch in the room with the yellow sector-colored silver pillar doesn't do anything of note.
- SLP05's camera special, the one outside the first Radsuit room, always desyncs multiplayer games when used. (???)
- The ambient sounds in SLP08 and SLP09 constantly loop, rather than playing a sound at random intervals - that is, the owl, cricket, and Quake zombie sounds.
- Messages only display for the activator of the script, which means only one player ends up seeing printed messages when they occur.

Thanks for sharing this info. Wished to have seen this post BEFORE attempting the thing. Yeah, Project Slipgate is broken.
Neophyte_Ronin

Postby Someonewhoplaysdoom » Tue Jul 21, 2020 7:39 pm

Hi. Today I download Compendium because, hell, is a compilation of old megawads upgrated and fixed for modern launchers like gzdoom, maybe I could play it for weeks.

Started playing Scythe with Doom EXP and its neat that is fixed a lot of things, like including the map names on the automap and blocking you for jumping (even if that is going to be horrible for Map 28 hahaha :lol: ) So, I found a an glitch and also I have a couple of questions:

- Glitch : On map 18: MS Futura, when you cross the small 3D brigde for the yellow key, that part becomes an invisible wall that blocks you for going to the outside area or for trying to cross the brigde again. Not sure if Doom exp mod is the responsible for the bug.
Q1: The wads have text screens? I notice that Scythe got removed the generic ones from Doom 2 chapters.
Q2: what is the Small pk3 file that comes with Compendium?
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Someonewhoplaysdoom » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:53 pm

Someonewhoplaysdoom wrote:
- Glitch : On map 18: MS Futura, when you cross the small 3D brigde for the yellow key, that part becomes an invisible wall that blocks you for going to the outside area or for trying to cross the brigde again. Not sure if Doom exp mod is the responsible for the bug.

Finished Compendium Scythe Today. The brigdes of other maps of Scythe have the same bug of being instead a complete invisible wall that blocks you for passing over, or cross under them (Map 18. Map 21 and Map 29). Tested it with not gameplay mods on Map 29 and the same bug happens.

EDIT: On various maps from Enigma Map pack, there are a lot of Green and Red Lights switches that doesn't have an animation or sound when you activate them. Most of them are also important to advance on a level.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Postby Derpdiherp » Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:30 am

Unfortunately mega seems to be getting stuck at 5mb when I try to download this, using the app and Chrome / Firefox.

Can someone mirror this somewhere else? I'd really like to give this a try.
Derpdiherp

Postby Someonewhoplaysdoom » Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:34 am

Derpdiherp wrote:Unfortunately mega seems to be getting stuck at 5mb when I try to download this, using the app and Chrome / Firefox.

Mega doesn't allow you Download a lot of data unless you have an Mega acount, so its better to use one (Doesn't matter if it isn't premium).
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Postby rautamiekka » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:08 am

Someonewhoplaysdoom wrote:
Derpdiherp wrote:Unfortunately mega seems to be getting stuck at 5mb when I try to download this, using the app and Chrome / Firefox.

Mega doesn't allow you Download a lot of data unless you have an Mega acount, so its better to use one (Doesn't matter if it isn't premium).

And even with an acc there's a limit, which they say depends on how much unused bandwidth they've.
rautamiekka

Twitch ID: rautamiekka
Github ID: rautamiekka
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Derpdiherp » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:59 am

For those that had trouble with mega like I did - this was provided in reply on the first page of posts:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mun54w ... 3hMDv/view

OP - Could you edit the first post and add this link if you're still around? It's easy to miss a reply to the thread :D
Derpdiherp

Re: Compendium

Postby DemonSlayer » Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:58 pm

StroggVorbis wrote:Compendium is for Doom what The Undergate is for Quake. Essential download! :D

^_^ That sounds awesome. I checked to see if I could get the download for Undergate and have not been able to. Would you be able to post a link (google dropbox etc.) for the Quake Undergate map pack please?
DemonSlayer

Location: Resides in a base on Mars guarding the world from the Ream of Hell

Re: Compendium

Postby VGA » Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:58 pm

DemonSlayer wrote:
StroggVorbis wrote:Compendium is for Doom what The Undergate is for Quake. Essential download! :D

^_^ That sounds awesome. I checked to see if I could get the download for Undergate and have not been able to. Would you be able to post a link (google dropbox etc.) for the Quake Undergate map pack please?

Look at the bottom post of this page

http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-talk/si ... ease/page3
VGA

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects