Compendium - Classic Megawad Compilation

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
badcaradvice

Re: Compendium - Classic Megawad Compilation

Post by badcaradvice »

Dynamo wrote:That's correct. Because of how GZDoom handles map files inside .pk3 files, loading the .wad normally would just end up changing map02 of doom 2 itself, I think. you can edit compendium itself or you can create a new .pk3, create a Maps folder, put slp02.wad there, save and load it and it should work fine. If you want I can upload such a version but it should be trivial to do.
Ah, that makes sense. The fix is working. Thanks!

ONWARD.
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

What door are we talking about in Project Slipgate?
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I'm looking forward to the other upcoming areas from the hub, and Alien Vendetta in the future!
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Just passing by. By the way, Compendium is totally eligible for this. Wink wink.
0mrcynic0
Location: The corner of "screw off" and "none of your business."

Post by 0mrcynic0 »

Nice map compilation, indeed.
Rtma

Post by Rtma »

Is this a work in progress? Cause Shooting Range and Roulette wheel(?) is locked/Under construction, also a friend showed me this recently and I'm enjoying it greatly, so many wads to play, so little time.
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Yes, those are planned future additions, though when and if I'll get to them remains to be seen still.
Fureyon

Post by Fureyon »

Wow, it's amazing to see all of these gathered in a single wad. Thank you for the hard work!
Death Egg

Post by Death Egg »

I haven't checked yet, but is the SERENITY/ETERNITY/INFINITY trilogy in this?
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Don't forget to advertise this at Doomworld as well; though it looks like you already did get a brief mention on the potential Cacoaward 2018 thread. :D
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Death Egg wrote:I haven't checked yet, but is the SERENITY/ETERNITY/INFINITY trilogy in this?
Nope. So far, this contains only doom 2 megawads.
eharper256 wrote:Don't forget to advertise this at Doomworld as well; though it looks like you already did get a brief mention on the potential Cacoaward 2018 thread. :D
I kind of figured this type of thing would probably not elicit much interest over at doomworld but I guess it wouldn't hurt to do so. I'll think about it.
eharper256

Post by eharper256 »

Dynamo wrote:I kind of figured this type of thing would probably not elicit much interest over at doomworld but I guess it wouldn't hurt to do so. I'll think about it.
Certainly, you'll get some interest. I mean, sure, the resident doomgods aren't going to be interested as they play Nuts level difficulty for breakfast, but there's plenty of more casual players there as well, and I think the technical achievement will be recognised if nothing else. Just be sure to note its only made for GZDoom.
Zhs2
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support
Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Post by Zhs2 »

So I played through NeoDoom in this, and I want to report a couple broken things (just a couple):

- Line 179 in NEO28 is supposed to lower the nearby sector, but instead it has a crusher special. This makes the map impossibly difficult to complete normally.
- This line in NEO18 is missing a texture.

It's weird to have played through NeoDoom vanilla, especially without the fall damage. I guess the fall damage didn't apply if NeoDoom was played in Legacy or Doomsday?

And on a completely unrelated note, I notice in your FAQ that you mention some other maps missing the Archvile Ghosts feature. The compatibility.txt lump in gzdoom.pk3 would actually detect and handle those maps in their unedited forms, by way of their checksums...
Dynamo

Post by Dynamo »

Thanks for the reports! I could've sworn I had fixed that texture in neodoom, but now I believe I had fixed another missing texture in the same map and forgot that one. Will be fixed in the near future.

Yes, the maps are not recognized as the originals, I think ghost monsters should be added as a mapinfo-ready lump but failing that I'm hoping the developers can add support for these in a future version of GZDoom. Considering I might still need to do bugfixing for them though it's probably best to do that for a future version.
Gez

Post by Gez »

As long as you're modifying stuff, I'm pretty sure you could simply replace the arch-viles in these maps by arch-viles with a special ZScript logic that will detect when monsters it raises are squished and make them into ghosts, bypassing the need to rely on compatibility settings.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”