Skulltag Emulation - Version 2

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro/Win 8.1
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Skulltag Emulation - Version 2

Post by TDRR »

This mod is based on: Skulltag_dt_1_3.pk3 and Skulltag_Data.pk3 (the one that comes with Skulltag)

1.8.6 Compatible!
This mod is meant to bring over all Skulltag gamemodes and content into GZDoom
And also give modders a clean slate to make their own custom CTF based modes.

Nor Brad Carney nor the Zandronum dev team was involved in the development of this mod. (except for the assets of course)

The currently ported gamemodes are CTF, Skulltag, Terminator and Possession. with Invasion and Last Man Standing planned for future versions (But the last 2 aren't present in the current version)
The currently ported maps are: all DM, LMS, Duel, CTF and Skulltag maps, with the only maps missing being the Invasion maps.

So, what are you waiting for?
DOWNLOAD THE MOD!

Bots: UNZIP DIRECTLY INTO YOUR (G)ZDOOM DIRECTORY
DOWNLOAD BOT CONFIG!

It says DUBG-Bots but in reality i made these for this mod, but since i was waiting for BC to give me permission i released DUBG first.
Spoiler: Changelog
Cool addons n' stuff:

Skulltag Powerups and Weapons for Doom 2: DOWNLOAD!
Last edited by TDRR on Tue Jan 01, 2019 5:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Whoah

Re: Skulltag Emulation - Version 1

Post by Whoah »

This is really cool! Can't wait for Invasion to be added!
vólentiæn

Post by vólentiæn »

No player 1 start
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

Run the game with the -deathmatch command line parameter, or "-deathmatch +teamplay 1" if you are going to play CTF.

The only maps which you will be able to run on Single Player will be the invasion maps (Which aren't done yet) also do note that either GZDoom 1.8.6 or ZDoom 2.8.1 is recommended because that's where i tested the mod the most.

EDIT: Forgot to say, the version of CTF on this version is pretty outdated and contains a few team-specific bugs, i will upload a new one later with upgraded CTF and LMS mode.
EDIT2: To increase compatibility to the absolute maximum i could cobble up a few dummy code pointers on ZScript. (Can i make flags with ZScript too?)
vólentiæn

Post by vólentiæn »

cant wait to use the better bots in invasion
Valken

Post by Valken »

Whoah wrote:This is really cool! Can't wait for Invasion to be added!
+1
Apaul27
Location: Fighting some cats in the planet "Wool Ball", with Scott & Rebecca

Post by Apaul27 »

Valken wrote:
Whoah wrote:This is really cool! Can't wait for Invasion to be added!
+1
I'm with you guys. :wink:
TDRR

Re: Skulltag Emulation - Version 1 (REACTIVATED)

Post by TDRR »

Today Skulltag Emulation development has been resumed, Invasion is still currently on hold due to my terrible ACS skills, Last Man Standing is approaching for the next release.

Possesion should be easy too, with the only hard thing would be getting the artifact to spawn on a Deathmatch player start, Duel is pretty pointless with ZDoom where most matches are duels anyway, so it won't be ported.

Also for some weird reason i can't reproduce the CTF glitches so i guess fixing that won't be needed.

EDIT: Send me in the best Skulltag maps, because i'm going to make a "best of" episode for each gamemode (Duel and LMS will be put in the same episode as Deathmatch)
TDRR

Re: Skulltag Emulation - Version 2

Post by TDRR »

Updated! Check out the changelog in the OP to see the cool new stuff, those of you who don't like using a command-line will like this update.

Got half of the gamemodes in, the ones i'm missing are Last Man Standing, Domination and Invasion. Hopefully they won't be too hard.
Louco Diamante

Post by Louco Diamante »

Multiplayer Option menu for fast skirmish setups and Invasion Mode would make Gzdoom the ultimate option!
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

Louco Diamante wrote:Multiplayer Option menu for fast skirmish setups and Invasion Mode would make Gzdoom the ultimate option!
Well, the mod includes a skirmish menu, under New Game > ST Deathmatch/Teamplay but it can't get much better than that.

Invasion is coming, i don't know when but you can be sure it will be here. It's also really cool to be able to run the latest mods with Skulltag Content, shame that little to none of them care about Deathmatch.
Assassin of Purity
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Assassin of Purity »

This is the best thing that's ever happened to GZDoom. Thank you so much for making this! =D
TheOldKingCole

Post by TheOldKingCole »

So for personal reasons I tinkered with your mod to make it weapons only as well as to make it compatible with this jank old smooth skulltag animations wad I found. Would It be okay for me to upload it to the forum, or should I keep it personal?
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Skulltag Emulation V3 Feat. Invasion! Coming to a GZDoom Near You... When Its Done!™
TDRR

Post by TDRR »

TiberiumSoul wrote:Skulltag Emulation V3 Feat. Invasion! Coming to a GZDoom Near You... When Its Done!™
Sorry if it's not the answer you might have expected, but i don't think i'm going to get it out any time soon. I'm just working on so many other things at the same time and i haven't worked much on S.E anymore. If anyone wants to get it done, be my guest, but i doubt i'll release it soon.

If it makes you feel better, you could try out Supreme Invasion which can be run on practically any Co-op and Deathmatch map and provides a lot of Invasion fun with almost any GZDoom-compatible mod. The ZCajun work with that too if that's what you wanted Skulltag Emulation for (With that i mean bots that run fine in Invasion mode) and the TDBots work with ANY Zandronum-compatible Invasion map, so there's not that much point to S.E v3 with Invasion anyways.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”