Blood Rebirth - RELEASE (Kinda)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
jablon1000

Re: Brutal Blood: One Unit Whole Blood Rebirth

Post by jablon1000 »

Yeah, weapon pack and monster pack will be great feature, incersing much more replayability. Monster pack espacially, because i think blood monsters fits good in medieval/castle/hell/etc theme levels.
Korell

Re: Blood Rebirth

Post by Korell »

SAmik37 wrote:You just can use Blood Rebirth as IWAD. Also we want to make NEW maps based on original maps. We want to expand them, add new areas, new secrets, more enemies.
So as this will be an IWAD with it's own maps based on those from Blood, will they be based on just the Blood base game maps (episodes 1-4) or will they also include ones based on the Cryptic Passage and Post Mortem episodes too?
GENTEK

Blood Rebirth

Post by GENTEK »

Definitively interested to see more! Good job! :D
SAmik37
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by SAmik37 »

@Korell, right now only main game. 1-4 episodes, but we thinking about addon campaigns too. Maybe we make remakes of this addon maps, after finishing original campaign.
Kizoky
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Kizoky »

This is probably the most accurate Blood mod I have ever seen on GZDoom
Keep up the good work!
elCreyo
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/Windows 10

Post by elCreyo »

Hey. I just saw a video. Looks very neat. Blood is my favorite shooter so I'm always happy to see projects like this. Definitely looking forward to this.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Super Bloody Impressive!! It's amazing that you made the game even more darker than the original counterpart. And i see there are newly revamped sound effects for each weapons and that Sawed-Off now sounds just like original, but now more powerful!

I might can help with you the sound revamping. Just ask me if you want! And good luck.
Whoah

Post by Whoah »

Cannot drive home just how excited I am for this! Definitely gonna keep checking in on this! Looks badass so far!
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

Let us know what do you think about our project! :)
Whoah omg god please tell me I'm not dreaming.

Seriously, this project is like that enhanced version of Blood that I really wanted to see for years. I can't imagine how hard it was to recreate the whole bunch of maps...
I like:
- Enhanced vanilla maps
- A (hopefully) new enemy behaviors (what if a Cultist will be able to hit you with the stock of his shotgun at closest range?)
- New/enhanced weapons, reloadings, sounds etc etc
A two little things I dislike:
- Shotgun is from Blood Alpha, for years I thought it has been drawn irrealistically. Or maybe I just stick to classic?)
- When Zombie is lying, he should not cry in pain being gibbed or shot.

P.S.: What about Flare Pistol alt-fire?

So, I'll go and steal some patience to be able to survive until the release! Good luck & big thanks!
SAmik37

Post by SAmik37 »

Hey!.. Thanks @Mere_Duke!.. And no, you are not dreaming. We really making remake of Blood. Yep, recreate Blood maps a lot more difficulty than I thought. Also there is problem in engine differences, for example Doom engine don't support sector under sector like in Bulid Engine. So we need to use 3D Floors to make this parts of maps. So, release not soon. We trying to do our best! Sorry, but no.. Enemies same as in original Blood, shot, creep around, throwing dynomite and etc. But we are going to make NEW enemies, and right now we working on new enemy. But without spoilers! We want you guys to meet with that freak in person. Shotgun is really from Blood Alpha, and we decided take shotgun from Alpha because of atmosphere. We want make Blood more darker and creepy. Flare Gun alt-fire is removed, we think that a little bit not realistic. That a Flare Gun, don't a freaking grenade launcher. Also we remove useless alt-fire from Tommy Gun and replace it with more useful iron sights. About zombie, i don't understand what are you talking about. He is not cry when lying. Hmm.. Anyway, thanks for support and your feedback!.. :)
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

SAmik37 wrote:Hey!.. Thanks @Mere_Duke!.. And no, you are not dreaming. We really making remake of Blood. Yep, recreate Blood maps a lot more difficulty than I thought. Also there is problem in engine differences, for example Doom engine don't support sector under sector like in Bulid Engine. So we need to use 3D Floors to make this parts of maps. So, release not soon. We trying to do our best! Sorry, but no.. Enemies same as in original Blood, shot, creep around, throwing dynomite and etc. But we are going to make NEW enemies, and right now we working on new enemy. But without spoilers! We want you guys to meet with that freak in person. Shotgun is really from Blood Alpha, and we decided take shotgun from Alpha because of atmosphere. We want make Blood more darker and creepy. Flare Gun alt-fire is removed, we think that a little bit not realistic. That a Flare Gun, don't a freaking grenade launcher. Also we remove useless alt-fire from Tommy Gun and replace it with more useful iron sights. About zombie, i don't understand what are you talking about. He is not cry when lying. Hmm.. Anyway, thanks for support and your feedback!.. :)
Don't forget about line portals and seamless stacked sector portals for sector over sector rooms, they can be super helpful :)
hammer oz

Post by hammer oz »

If this where a source port I would happly pay for this due to how much time is being put into this lovely creation. :D I can't wait for a release to be revealed.
Pandut
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Pandut »

Oooh, liking the looks of this! I too agree with maybe a separate gameplay version with just weapons and monsters so that it can be played on mapsets like Scythe2 or Herian. Either way, very awesome work. Looking forward to it's release! :D
SAmik37

Post by SAmik37 »

He-he, yep.. About source port. We already extract some code from original Blood. And got lots of useful for us information. For example we have original HP and damage values, including multipliers from different difficulties (On high difficulties, enemies damage you much more and have more HP). So we don't use random values, we use values from original Blood code. Also, thanks to source code we make "Delirium drunk" effect. But there still lots of code to extract, and we are not going to release source code. Sorry for that, but we don't have copyrights to do this. And also we don't have all the source code of Blood.. So, we use source code only to make our mod feels more like original.. :)
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

SAmik37 wrote:About zombie, I don't understand what are you talking about.
As far as I remember, I meant that zombies yell when got killed while lying on the ground knocked out. It's 2.07 in the video. It's probably because zombie actor uses default death state when killed being knocked; should be better to use a separate death state in that case. (Because that Death state represents death anim of body that's standing upright; there should be another anim for lying bodies only.)
SAmik37 wrote:Flare Gun alt-fire is removed
Nice! I think it's unrealistic too!
SAmik37 wrote:He-he, yep.. About source port. We already extract some code from original Blood. And got lots of useful for us information. For example we have original HP and damage values, including multipliers from different difficulties (On high difficulties, enemies damage you much more and have more HP). So we don't use random values, we use values from original Blood code. Also, thanks to source code we make "Delirium drunk" effect. But there still lots of code to extract, and we are not going to release source code. Sorry for that, but we don't have copyrights to do this. And also we don't have all the source code of Blood.. So, we use source code only to make our mod feels more like original.. :)
Oh, you should have cooperated with M210 who are making (and so successfully!) BloodGDX Java Blood sourceport. Probably you both did the same reverse engineering work twice.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”