Hellshots Golf v1.1 - puttering around

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SamVision

Re: Hellshots Golf v1.1 - puttering around

Post by SamVision »

Captain J wrote:You can use Weapon Zoom key to follow the ball. It should be easy thanks to the ball's trajectory trail.
No I meant a camera that is attached to the ball like how the chasecam is attached to heads when gibs happen in Raven games.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

Found a bug where if you load this with Adventures of Square and use the console or whatever to go through its original levels, the cows don't respond when they're hit by a golf ball. How did none of the playtesters spot this one. Come on.

There's also a bug where Hae-Lin's only a mugshot buried deep within the .pk3. If you ask me, this is one of those bugs that can only be fixed by adding Hae-Lin. I've seen a lot of bugs with such a solution lately, even in games completely unrelated to Doom.

EDIT: Already found another one, this won't look good on your resumé: When you load this with Simon's Destiny (and again, cheat your way into the main campaign), you can't activate the secret switch near the very beginning of map01, neither with the club or the ball.

EDIT: Okay, this mod has reached a new low.

The spray paint goes right through the Pizza Hut poster. Now how am I supposed to make it say "Pizza Butt"?

Next you'll be telling me this doesn't work with Reelism...
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

SamVision wrote:
Captain J wrote:You can use Weapon Zoom key to follow the ball. It should be easy thanks to the ball's trajectory trail.
No I meant a camera that is attached to the ball like how the chasecam is attached to heads when gibs happen in Raven games.
This would be...difficult and I'm not sure if I can guarantee it, but I'd be interested in trying it at least.
SiFi270 wrote:There's also a bug where Hae-Lin's only a mugshot buried deep within the .pk3. If you ask me, this is one of those bugs that can only be fixed by adding Hae-Lin. I've seen a lot of bugs with such a solution lately, even in games completely unrelated to Doom.
This was funny, but speaking seriously for a bit I would love to add Hae-Lin as a character. Unfortunately, her spriteset would need to be completely and totally rehauled--her existing sprites are horribly unpolished and she doesn't have anything that would serve as a golf pose.
SiFi270

Post by SiFi270 »

That makes me upset.

But then again, so does this.
YukesVonFaust

Post by YukesVonFaust »

TerminusEst13 wrote:
YukesVonFaust wrote:term when are you going to make a template pack for custom characters plox
Caleb for golf, you say?
Could be.

hell, i might throw in some of the ZDoom Forums Superstars in there too (like WildWeasel, Captain J, Kate, Rachael, PillowBlaster and even freaking Scuba Steve)!
(or i might bring some of my cringy ocs too)
Erenussocrates

Post by Erenussocrates »

Instant cacoward, I don't even care.
TDG

Post by TDG »

Hello Terminus,

Have you seen this video review of Icaruslives yet;

I like to think that is one of the biggest achievements for a modder can hope to earn, that one of his or her mods or TC gets to featured in one of Mr Icarus' videos.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Super congrats, Term! You've earned it once again. Since this mod is clever, impressive and even addictive than i expected!
PacotheMajestic

Post by PacotheMajestic »

Loving this map design so much, but I'm having a bit of difficulty getting it to work with zandronum, and I'm not sure whether to ask about this here or the zandronum forums since I have no idea where the problem comes from. Anyway, when I load hellshots on my server, the mods custom HUD doesnt show at all. Other gameplay mods work fine, though.
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

PacotheMajestic wrote:Loving this map design so much, but I'm having a bit of difficulty getting it to work with zandronum, and I'm not sure whether to ask about this here or the zandronum forums since I have no idea where the problem comes from. Anyway, when I load hellshots on my server, the mods custom HUD doesnt show at all. Other gameplay mods work fine, though.
I aint Terminus so I wouldnt know, but this is primarily a GZdoom mod innit? Or am I confusing myself?
PacotheMajestic

UnbornDecay25 wrote:
PacotheMajestic wrote:Loving this map design so much, but I'm having a bit of difficulty getting it to work with zandronum, and I'm not sure whether to ask about this here or the zandronum forums since I have no idea where the problem comes from. Anyway, when I load hellshots on my server, the mods custom HUD doesnt show at all. Other gameplay mods work fine, though.
I aint Terminus so I wouldnt know, but this is primarily a GZdoom mod innit? Or am I confusing myself?
As most mods do, it definitely worked right out of the box in GZDoom, but I'm trying to play it with a friend of mine, so Zandronum is needed.
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

UnbornDecay25 wrote:I aint Terminus so I wouldnt know, but this is primarily a GZdoom mod innit? Or am I confusing myself?
No, the mod has Zandronum support, and there's multiple Zandronum servers hosting Hellshots right now.
The HUD is the only problem? This might be a dumb question but did you try changing your screen size? Set it to 10, which would be the status bar if you were playing vanilla.
PacotheMajestic

TheMightyHeracross wrote: The HUD is the only problem? This might be a dumb question but did you try changing your screen size? Set it to 10, which would be the status bar if you were playing vanilla.
Well, I feel pretty intelligent right now. That was the issue, thanks a bunch guys, and sorry about that.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

For posterity's sake, yes, the mod was intentionally and primarily designed as a Zandronum mod. GZDoom support is in and it works and people can play on it just as well as on Zandronum.

For future updates I'll either include a separate HUD or I'll just make the HUD the same whether it's fullscreen or bar.
Either way, the portraits must stay.
Tesculpture

Post by Tesculpture »

Is there any possibility of having a score-card thingy that keeps track of each player's strokes-to-finish for each level, and their overall score?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”