The Unholy Temple Special

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
SirBruce

The Unholy Temple Special

Post by SirBruce »

Hi all, my first post here. If anyone played The Unholy Trinity you may want to try another version: The Unholy Trinity Special. Seasoned Doom players may find it difficult to get through. There are so may ambushes. I have included images and videos of both old and new versions (notice the differences of the two). Note as a bonus there's The Unholy Trinity Special 2. No pictures or videos of The Unholy Trinity Special 2 demo yet but it is included in the download link. Get out there Marines and do your job! :mrgreen:

The Unholy Trinity (for novice players)

The Unholy Trinity Special (for intermediate and advance players)

Extras:
Level 27 - redux
Spoiler:
Level 28 -redux
Spoiler:
Secret level 31 via level 15 -redux
Spoiler:
The Unholy Trinity Walkthrough (orginal) - Try not to view the full walkthrough. Challenge yourself.
Spoiler:
The Unholy Temple Special - teaser

Secret level 31 - redux teaser

(Download link removed due to illegal nature. Explanation in the post below. -ww)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: The Unholy Temple Special

Post by wildweasel »

I've had to remove your file due to it being in breach of the forum rules. Here is why:

It contains a (mostly) unmodified full version of Doom2.wad, changed only to replace all the MIDI files with a bunch of Ogg Vorbis songs, ballooning it from its normal under-20-meg size to a ridiculous 365 MB. But that's not all.

In the second folder are FIVE MORE copies of the same illegal doom2.wad, as well as three backups of the mod file itself. You don't need those in here. Remove them. And finally...

The third folder contains ANOTHER FOUR copies of doom2.wad (still illegal btw), as well as 4 backups of d2trinity2.wad that total 80 megs in themselves. This results in the ZIP file being a 2.7 GIGABYTE download, which is absolutely insane for a Doom 2 mod that would by normal standards be less than 10 megs, and roughly 3.5 GB extracted.

Remove all the copies of Doom2.wad from your ZIP, and the extra backups, and get your credits in order, and also don't include copies of Zandronum (anybody that wants to play, should download it themselves, to ensure they have the latest version that will work well on their machine). Then I'll let you have your download link back. Until you do those things, the link is gone.

[edit] Also this contains maps so it is not a Gameplay Mod.
wolfmanfp
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by wolfmanfp »

Is it "Temple" or "Trinity"? Also, what is the difference between Special and Special 2?
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Why someone should download a messed-up-totally-wrong-unpolished-collection-of-wad-files? I didn't check the "mod" yet (and since download link has been removed I won't), but really this is clearly an example how lazy people can be while building up rushed projects.
I am very curious if the "author" will pop up with fixed thread and polished files, very sad to see something likes this tbh, specially nowadays.
Is it so difficult to understand? Bah.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”