The Sound and the Fury - NOW IN FINAL STAGE

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
manusa314

The Sound and the Fury - NOW IN FINAL STAGE

Post by manusa314 »

hello my friends and hello my comrades. After many months i have mad a mod which is good to release.

i will not give screenshoots as it ruins the game. The game is partly suprise.

mod is difficult but can beat. I have tested and I know its true. Good luck

the mod should work well on its own.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/our02o493 ... y.pk3/file

EDITEDITEDIT:

The information previously present has been made no longer true.

:EDITEDITEDIT

EDITEDITEDIT:

Modification summary:
Spoiler:
The information previously present has been made no longer true.
:EDITEDITEDIT
Last edited by manusa314 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Pixel Eater

Location: In between the Moon and you, between the buried and me.

Re: The Sound and the Fury - A Full Relese

Post by Pixel Eater »

Spoiler:
grouchbag

Post by grouchbag »

Just played a couple of maps. They aren't the type I normally play, but I was able to have some fun. It's up to you, but I don't see where screenshots would spoil anything. I did die a few times tho. (Well, more than a few.)
manusa314

Re: The Sound and the Fury - A Full Relese NEW UPDATE SOON

Post by manusa314 »

I am planning for a new released version soon see top reply for more information.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Pixel Eater wrote:
Spoiler:
You can show spoiler (or any other) tags for instructional purposes by putting them inside code tags

Code: Select all

[spoiler]Like this[/spoiler]
;)
el armadillo2

Post by el armadillo2 »

IF THeres something betr tha thi si ts ptoreably bad its THAT GOOD this mod sroocks !!! god jbo
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

not having screenshots is one thing but there's not a single line that describes the mod, I have no idea what I'm getting into
manusa314

Post by manusa314 »

Zen3001 wrote:not having screenshots is one thing but there's not a single line that describes the mod, I have no idea what I'm getting into
many apologize, I have added to the first post, a spoiler with further details of the modification.
manusa314

Re: The Sound and the Fury - NOW IN FINAL STAGE

Post by manusa314 »

The modification's full stage has been made available in the first post.
manusa314

Post by manusa314 »

I have recently made a frw changes to the maps which douhld help with the difficutly problems.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

I'll be honest, if something is weighing in at 164MB, I'm going to need to see a bit more about it than the "information" that is in the OP.
Doominer441

Post by Doominer441 »

Looking at it in Slade, I think a big part of that problem is from him putting a bunch of wads into the pk3 without extracting their contents to the respective folders.

That and the texture folder has more than 5000 entries(?!), most of which look like they came from a modern 4k game but resized for Doom, or like they've been cut out of a photograph.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Haven't downloaded yet, but are these "several weapons" credited inside the mod?

I mean, There aren't screenies, credits... =/
el armadillo2

Post by el armadillo2 »

I still want this to win a Cacowar.d
Doominer441

Post by Doominer441 »

el armadillo2 wrote:I still want this to win a Cacowar.d
If the mockawards were still handed out, this would have a genuine chance to win, I think.

To elaborate, the very first thing you see when starting the mod is the titlepic, which looks like an album cover with Bill Gates' face pasted over it.

Every level starts out with you being locked in place as some (very) slow text explains the story and what you should do in each level. However, every level other than the sixth and second to last consist of you attempting to find an elevator (which glitches with a HOM) to go to the next level. During the levels, enemies will respawn every so often (I think its about every minute), along with some supplies. The enemies consist of the segway zombie (who seems to drive AWAY from you, for some reason), the headless kamikaze zombie (who also runs away from you), and a sabreclaw recolor; which does massive amounts of damage, runs very fast, and sucks up damage like a hellknight (either that or the weapons are so weak they might as well be popguns). The whole time, strife rebel soldiers spawn in to assist you. The problem is, they're so weak they can only be expected to kill the zombies (who are pretty much harmless anyways), while the sabreclaws massacre them. Additionally, they get in the way of your gunfire, so most of them die because of you.

The levels themselves are confusing messes of identical textures and even lighting. I got lost mostly due to how difficult it is to establish where you've been and where you haven't been. The sewer level is a real pain to navigate because, unlike the other levels, it seems to be intentionally designed as a maze. This level's also where another enemy, some kind of Revenant, gets introduced. It moves rather fast, and has an attack which blacks the screen out for about a minute, which may as well instantly kill you if there are enemies around. And its a bigger bullet sponge than the sabreclaw recolors.

Speaking of bullet sponges, I do think the enemies are so strong because of how weak weapons are.

You start with a pistol, a machine gun, and a shotgun. The pistol is alright, but it fires too slow to deal with the sabreclaws. The machine gun fires fast as hell, sounds silenced, jitters around like crazy when you walk, and lights up the room when you first select it. The shotgun is powerful, too powerful actually, it kills the cyberdemon stuck in the first level's wall in about eight shots. There are also grenades, but for some reason, they use five units of grenade ammo a shot. Besides, they're too weak to kill the sabreclaws, all they do is throw them up in the air.

There are some other weapons too: There are two sniper rifles, one which uses cells, the other uses bullets. Both do crap for damage and jiggle around the screen when fired. Both the Shadow Warrior uzi and shotgun appear (no need to applaud), the uzi sounds loud as fuck and does no damage, while the shotgun is actually a rather accurate recreation (aside from the fact that its spread is so great that most of the shots hit the floor). There's a pistol the game calls the "Magnum" which looks like it was (poorly) converted from another palette, sounds like a shotgun, fires very slowly, does little damage (see the trend?), and disappears halfway through the firing frame. Another gun whose pickup message is just a load of binary code fires three explosive projectiles which kills everything in range instantly (including yourself) and has a firing sound which lasts for more than a minute. But the pièce de résistance is the minigun, which continues to fire even after you've let go of the trigger (and after you've run out of ammo, meaning you can't deselect it, even though its not firing anything).

Sorry for the wall of text, but this thing is just beyond idiotic. Some people may think this is one of those intentionally bad wads, but I disagree. There's no hint of irony in this, whether is be the author's posts, to how bland the levels are, how annoyingly broken the guns are, to how the story (if you can even call it that) seems to be trying to be taken serious.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”