I don't think folks on earth during the invasion ever though we'd survive, let alone make it to the stars. Yet here we are. Those dark times have faded, but we must always remain watchful for the Old Enemy, lest he decide to return one day...
What is Interstellar Enforcer?
In a nutshell, IE is a mission based GZDOOM TC for DOOM II. Take doom, mix in a dose of unreal and turok, add a splash of metroid and maybe a little bit of system shock 2 and you'll not be far from the target. You play as an officer of the Interstellar Enforcement Patrol, tasked with policing the obscure fringes of humanities bustling space empire in the future of the DOOM II timeline. You generally do this by shooting things.
The demo release (grab it below!):
- Contains 2 full missions
- A handful of enemies, some with variants
- Less than half of the mods arsenal.
- Clocks in at around 2 hours of gameplay.
- It will span 3 planets, each containing 3 missions + 1 secret mission. Missions can span multiple maps.
- 9 1/2 weapons, from a lowly plasma pistol to a starship killing antimatter gun.
- A bestiary, containing some old friends that have learned new tricks
- An upgrade system, allowing you to double jump or knock out bad dudes with a single swing of your fist