[WIP] Project SSS: Sonic Speed Streak

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
LOZ_98
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

[WIP] Project SSS: Sonic Speed Streak

Post by LOZ_98 »

Hi again, It's me.

I have been working on a little game of sorts last month, It is inspired by SRB2 and the Canceled game Sonic X-treme, originally I started this project way back in January of last year as zSRB2 and the project has been canceled since then due to various engine limitations and stuff I couldn't replicate properly,

I have expanded on the game with lots of new features and fixed various bugs and annoyances, and the scope of the project has changed a bit, presenting you Project SSS : Sonic Speed Streak.

Please note this is a work in progress and includes only 1 Test Ground level meant to showcase some of the features and also to test the game, If you want to get more levels you can find some I made for testing here.

______________ (Get outta here) ___________________
Spoiler: Download
Spoiler: Features
Spoiler: Few Screenshots
Spoiler: Credits
SamVision

Re: [WIP] Project SSS: Sonic Speed Streak

Post by SamVision »

But isn't Sonic always naked?

Jokes aside please keep at it, there is a lot of potential here. IMO you should focus a lot on the level design. Sonic games have a certain rhythm to the level design that is hard to replicate.
LOZ_98
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [WIP] Project SSS: Sonic Speed Streak

Post by LOZ_98 »

Thank you, I will try to make some levels when I have time, I hope this will turn out good.

I also just updated the game to improve the jumping and make it feel more floaty similar to the classic titles, this should lead to better control, I've also released various other updates before but I just thought they were too minor to post here, Thanks again.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”