Soundless Mound: Demo Version [Update 10.1]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Soundless Mound: Demo Version [Update 10.1]

Postby Massaraksh » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:56 am

Congratulations for winning Joel's second mapping contest.
Massaraksh

Postby Remaker » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:23 am

Played this, and I must say, it is absolutely beautiful and inspiring and I wish more stuff was like this. (Might as well make a horror mod myself!)

My personal thoughts are that the difficulty seems slightly forgiving, even when on death wish.

I did face more than one enemy at times, but I think if those group encounters were more common, everything would be a little bit balanced. At least, in my case...

Nonetheless, I enjoyed it. The textures, shaders, atmosphere, it all goes together like peas in a pod. And some..."odd" stuff that happens, too.

Things it made me dread:
Spoiler:
Remaker
"Who are you?"

Postby MasterBeavis » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:42 pm

Just tried this and I love it. I hope theres more in the future
MasterBeavis

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Captain J » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:57 am

This TC definitely chills my spine down. The Environment, Sound Effects, Darkness, and Living Nightmares around me almost made me panicked, but escaped from that Cursed building nonetheless. It was very haunting experience. Although i never played Silent Hill series, but this TC certainly shows the whole point of horror plus puzzle adventure genre. And i wonder how low-resolution view and the loading screen work? i'm pretty sure all the rooms are connected in one map. It's one of the wonder of this TC. I basically enjoyed the game and got nothing to complain... But i've got some suggestions to tell;

- Crowbar weapon sprite looks certainly big and almost takes the whole screen.

- And Speaking of Crowbar, i have no idea why it causes ENORMOUS Smoke effect. And i hope i can use it to open some jammed shut doors or something.

- Pistol weapon sprite is exactly Vanilla doom one. I hope there would be more original sprites and replacements.

- I think this TC gives too much of Healing Items like Drinks. I think this might make the Hardest Difficulty more manageable.

Oh, also i missed only one room and got B Rank. But i feel satisfied! Excellent job with pushing GZDoom to its limit. Looking forward to your next work!
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects