Deep Rising - Doom II story-driven TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
WojtTheDoomer

Re: Deep Rising - Doom II story-driven TC

Post by WojtTheDoomer »

Great news for everyone waiting for this project. After many months of work the underwater level is finished at last - and it looks quite good. I have playtested it, and checked it twice, and it's quite good - only things I need to work on in it are some bugs with lights, the last stretch (where you actually go inside the temple) being too boring, and other small fixes.

After that is done, I'll start working on the desert mission. This time I know what this mission will be like, so it won't take that much time.

I also plan on including briefings before every mission.
WojtTheDoomer

Post by WojtTheDoomer »

I have a little problem now, because I am doing some desert missions and...anyone got an idea where can I find some generic Arab terrorist/ISIS-looking enemy sprites?
irukanjji

Post by irukanjji »

WojtTheDoomer wrote:I have a little problem now, because I am doing some desert missions and...anyone got an idea where can I find some generic Arab terrorist/ISIS-looking enemy sprites?
Duke Nukem 3D Mods: Quest For Saddam and Quest For Hussein aka Quest for Al-Qa'eda
WojtTheDoomer

Post by WojtTheDoomer »

Hello, it's be back again. I am proud to announce that Im still working on this, and made some big progress on some of the missions. I have one question, where can I find good MD3/MD2 models? I tried looking everywhere and found nothing.
(I already used some from http://www.md2.sitters-electronics.nl/models.htm, so I got that one checked out already)
WojtTheDoomer

Post by WojtTheDoomer »

This is very important for this project.

Well, im busy with my life lately, and the project slowed down to a crawl. That, plus several problems with this mod led me to making the decision to stop it's development process. I don't want to force myself to do anything, it would just make everything worse if I would keep on making this mod.

It's not cancelled by any means, it's development process is just halted. I deeply apologize to anyone who wanted to play this mod, but I just don't want to deliever a bad product to the Doom community due to my lack of ideas and will to do it.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

Join the club! :)

It is better not to rush indeed. Take your time. The community will be still around when you and the mod are ready.
Mere_Duke

Post by Mere_Duke »

Don't worry but either don't think that people ignore your work and don't give much attention. There are many like me who silently waited for the release. Good luck! So many cool projects were released after years of hiatus, hope yours will be the one of such kind.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”