Splatterhouse 3D TC - 2 Episodes!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Splatterhouse 3D TC - 2 Episodes!

Postby QuakedoomNukem Cz » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:55 pm

Icarus just covered it. He enjoyed first episode more than aathe second one.
QuakedoomNukem Cz
Grammar Nazi and Graphics Whore with a kind heart.

Discord: #2091

Postby ImpieTwo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:06 pm

Awesome! I didn't know he was even aware of it. Maybe he follows the facebook groups too.
ImpieTwo

Postby Dr. Shotgun » Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:15 pm

I like how when I saw that video I said to myself "this mod feels very Impie."

lo and behold...
Dr. Shotgun

Postby ImpieTwo » Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:55 pm

Dr. Shotgun wrote:I like how when I saw that video I said to myself "this mod feels very Impie."

lo and behold...

:lol:
ImpieTwo

Postby ImpieTwo » Thu Nov 22, 2018 3:35 am

Made some updates to E2M5: The Hidden Below. Monsters can now escape from the ordeals and enter the central chamber, AND I fixed the Bagman Maze so you HAVE to enter it to clear it (after a let's player showed me a way to cheat that section).
ImpieTwo

Postby ImpieTwo » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:44 am

MrSkumBag at Doomworld was kind enough to donate a cool-ass HUD face of the Terror Mask.

Also fixed some animation bugs in the Phantom Cloak enemy's Decorate.
ImpieTwo

Postby fluffyshambler » Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:30 am

Played the first episode, fantastic stuff. This may be a nitpick, but I noticed the fist leaves marks on walls while the bat and chainsaw do not. Also, you can get stamina pickups when you have 100% but not receive any benefit.
fluffyshambler

Postby ImpieTwo » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:24 am

fluffyshambler wrote:Played the first episode, fantastic stuff. This may be a nitpick, but I noticed the fist leaves marks on walls while the bat and chainsaw do not. Also, you can get stamina pickups when you have 100% but not receive any benefit.

I forgot to remove the decals for the fist.

Also yeah, you gotta manage the stamina and will items carefully cos you absorb them to the touch. If you have a habit of instinctively devouring any item you see, you won't last long.
ImpieTwo

Postby UnbornDecay25 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:36 am

Love this mod <And its always good to see Splatterhouse get more love> but I'm conflicted with the tone. For me Splatterhouse was always more blaring Battery (Or Damage Inc. whatever your preference) and brutalizing everything in sight. Feels kinda weird to play a Splatterhouse game that actually creeps me out a little.

But thats just personal taste. Don't take it to heart.
UnbornDecay25

Postby BoneofMalkav » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:13 am

UnbornDecay25 wrote:Love this mod <And its always good to see Splatterhouse get more love> but I'm conflicted with the tone. For me Splatterhouse was always more blaring Battery (Or Damage Inc. whatever your preference) and brutalizing everything in sight. Feels kinda weird to play a Splatterhouse game that actually creeps me out a little.

But thats just personal taste. Don't take it to heart.

Creeps me out too, More then likely it's the lack of a soundtrack. Surprises me it doesn't use any of the soundtracks from 1 through 3
BoneofMalkav
Has Not Died Dead Enough

Discord: BoneofMalkav #5547
Twitch ID: BoneofMalkav
Github ID: boneofmalkav
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby UnbornDecay25 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:40 pm

BoneofMalkav wrote:
Creeps me out too, More then likely it's the lack of a soundtrack. Surprises me it doesn't use any of the soundtracks from 1 through 3

As I said, I always see Splatterhouse as a violent brawler rather than a horror game
UnbornDecay25

Postby ImpieTwo » Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:41 pm

BoneofMalkav wrote:Creeps me out too, More then likely it's the lack of a soundtrack. Surprises me it doesn't use any of the soundtracks from 1 through 3

The old demo did, but the loops drove me nuts. I turned them off and realized it was really scary feeling like you're actually inside the splatterhouse world, so I pushed for atmosphere instead. That's why I put in so many areas where you're literally feeling around in the dark, unsure if you're alone (not as effective now, though - gzdoom refuses to make sectors pitch black like it used to, even on the darkest settings).

It also forces you to use your ears to detect threats and such, too. Drives me nuts when I see youtubers blasting heavy metal while playing it. They don't hear doors opening or nearby monsters approaching, and miss other things they wouldn't miss if they'd played it properly. Things as simple as the sound cue when you switch off the bloodfalls in E2M2: the waterfall sound goes away and is replaced with dripping. If you don't catch that, you have no idea what the switch just did.
ImpieTwo

Postby fluffyshambler » Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:27 pm

ImpieTwo wrote:Also yeah, you gotta manage the stamina and will items carefully cos you absorb them to the touch. If you have a habit of instinctively devouring any item you see, you won't last long.

Ah, fair enough.

I found a little bug in E2M4 - a glass breaking sound plays and enemies fall from the ceiling but these stained glass textures don't change.

https://i.imgur.com/EG1Qt8Q.png
fluffyshambler

Postby ImpieTwo » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:26 am

fluffyshambler wrote:
ImpieTwo wrote:Also yeah, you gotta manage the stamina and will items carefully cos you absorb them to the touch. If you have a habit of instinctively devouring any item you see, you won't last long.

Ah, fair enough.

I found a little bug in E2M4 - a glass breaking sound plays and enemies fall from the ceiling but these stained glass textures don't change.

https://i.imgur.com/EG1Qt8Q.png

GAH! I screwed up when I changed some sector and line tags. Thanks for pointing this out so I can fix it. Should work now.
ImpieTwo

Postby SamVision » Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:38 pm

Will there be no two-by-four? It's not a Splatterhouse game without the two-by-four.
SamVision

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects