Splatterhouse 3D TC - 3 Episodes!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Ayumi Shinozaki

Re: Splatterhouse 3D TC - 3 Episodes!

Post by Ayumi Shinozaki »

Would it be possible to also release a standalone music pack for those who want it? That way, players could choose between a more creepy experience, or a more game-like feel, especially since Splatterhouse has some pretty good music.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Someone offered to do that for me before going full sjw and shutting me out over a video I shared on facebook. Since then no one has stepped up to do ambient remixes of the soundtrack that wouldn't be repetitive as hell like the original soundtrack.

The mod has more of a creepy exploration vibe than the arcade games did, so sadly the music doesn't fit in a lot of ways, not the least of which the fact that they're short loops that get annoying two minutes in.
Taffinator

Post by Taffinator »

Would it be possible to add tracks from the PSX DOOM soundtrack?

Very atmospheric and downright creepy. More ambient than actual music, but as a starter it couldnt hurt?
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Nah, they're on the right track, but not what I'd want. Too much of a sci-fi vibe.
salahmander2

Post by salahmander2 »

I've noticed a bug on the second map of episode 3, on the section with the broken floor and the red stuff, entering the sector that raises the floor isn't set to trigger once only, it will do it repeatedly everytime I enter the sector, rendering the game unwinnable. Plus a few of the teleport pits in the final map aren't working.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

salahmander2 wrote:I've noticed a bug on the second map of episode 3, on the section with the broken floor and the red stuff, entering the sector that raises the floor isn't set to trigger once only, it will do it repeatedly everytime I enter the sector, rendering the game unwinnable. Plus a few of the teleport pits in the final map aren't working.
I understand the first bug you mentioned and fixed it just now. Can you post screenshots of the other problem areas in a spoiler post? that'll better help me find what you're talking about.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

A few updates!

- E1 Dr West fight closes you in, so it's more like a boss fight now.
- keycards replaced with actual keys.
- E1 exits now match the E2 and E3 exit doorways for consistency.
- a few level bugs i missed fixed (hopefully)
- Monster Jenny boss not as easily killed with bombs.
- Better title graphic
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

So I did an experimental version with music, which doesn't have a public download yet. Wanted to see how it played with the tracks i used.

I've mentioned many times before how the Splatterhouse music, while badass, is too repetitive for maps like these where you have freedom to explore and revisit areas. Splatterhouse's music tracks were only meant to be heard for a few seconds at a time.

However, they were also meant to emulate the music of Italian gore flicks of the 80s. So I went the cinematic route and used some tracks from a couple Italian horror thrillers, and several from Last Rites & Silent Hill which have a similar vibe, to see how it all meshed together.

BoneofMalkav
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by BoneofMalkav »

ImpieTwo wrote:So I did an experimental version with music, which doesn't have a public download yet. Wanted to see how it played with the tracks i used.

I've mentioned many times before how the Splatterhouse music, while badass, is too repetitive for maps like these where you have freedom to explore and revisit areas. Splatterhouse's music tracks were only meant to be heard for a few seconds at a time.

However, they were also meant to emulate the music of Italian gore flicks of the 80s. So I went the cinematic route and used some tracks from a couple Italian horror thrillers, and several from Last Rites & Silent Hill which have a similar vibe, to see how it all meshed together.

From that test alone, great choices in music. Fits really well from what's been shown so far. :)
Valken

Post by Valken »

Music sounds great and same for the sound effects...

Only think I would ask for is more blood and gore... :D
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Sounds amazing
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Okay since everyone likes the tunes i added, I uploaded the new version. Download it and check it out!

Also has a revised boss for E3M4 that actually resembles what it's supposed to.

whirledtsar

Post by whirledtsar »

Wow, these music selections make the atmosphere even better. Afraid this cant wait until Halloween to replay!
salahmander2

Post by salahmander2 »

Further to the bug on the final level, I found out the bug only happens on the first 2 difficulty levels, HMP and above have no issues, the teleport destination is flagged no to appear on the easy difficulties.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

salahmander2 wrote:Further to the bug on the final level, I found out the bug only happens on the first 2 difficulty levels, HMP and above have no issues, the teleport destination is flagged no to appear on the easy difficulties.
Uploaded an update that fixes it. Again. I swear, either i fixed some of these bugs before and for some reason it didn't save, or I have alzheimer's.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”