Splatterhouse 3D TC - 3 Episodes!

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
QuakedoomNukem Cz

Re: Splatterhouse 3D TC - 2 Episodes!

Post by QuakedoomNukem Cz »

Icarus just covered it. He enjoyed first episode more than aathe second one.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Awesome! I didn't know he was even aware of it. Maybe he follows the facebook groups too.
Dr. Shotgun

Post by Dr. Shotgun »

I like how when I saw that video I said to myself "this mod feels very Impie."

lo and behold...
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Dr. Shotgun wrote:I like how when I saw that video I said to myself "this mod feels very Impie."

lo and behold...
:lol:
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

Made some updates to E2M5: The Hidden Below. Monsters can now escape from the ordeals and enter the central chamber, AND I fixed the Bagman Maze so you HAVE to enter it to clear it (after a let's player showed me a way to cheat that section).
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

MrSkumBag at Doomworld was kind enough to donate a cool-ass HUD face of the Terror Mask.

Also fixed some animation bugs in the Phantom Cloak enemy's Decorate.
whirledtsar

Post by whirledtsar »

Played the first episode, fantastic stuff. This may be a nitpick, but I noticed the fist leaves marks on walls while the bat and chainsaw do not. Also, you can get stamina pickups when you have 100% but not receive any benefit.
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

fluffyshambler wrote:Played the first episode, fantastic stuff. This may be a nitpick, but I noticed the fist leaves marks on walls while the bat and chainsaw do not. Also, you can get stamina pickups when you have 100% but not receive any benefit.
I forgot to remove the decals for the fist.

Also yeah, you gotta manage the stamina and will items carefully cos you absorb them to the touch. If you have a habit of instinctively devouring any item you see, you won't last long.
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

Love this mod <And its always good to see Splatterhouse get more love> but I'm conflicted with the tone. For me Splatterhouse was always more blaring Battery (Or Damage Inc. whatever your preference) and brutalizing everything in sight. Feels kinda weird to play a Splatterhouse game that actually creeps me out a little.

But thats just personal taste. Don't take it to heart.
BoneofMalkav
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by BoneofMalkav »

UnbornDecay25 wrote:Love this mod <And its always good to see Splatterhouse get more love> but I'm conflicted with the tone. For me Splatterhouse was always more blaring Battery (Or Damage Inc. whatever your preference) and brutalizing everything in sight. Feels kinda weird to play a Splatterhouse game that actually creeps me out a little.

But thats just personal taste. Don't take it to heart.
Creeps me out too, More then likely it's the lack of a soundtrack. Surprises me it doesn't use any of the soundtracks from 1 through 3
UnbornDecay25

Post by UnbornDecay25 »

BoneofMalkav wrote:
Creeps me out too, More then likely it's the lack of a soundtrack. Surprises me it doesn't use any of the soundtracks from 1 through 3
As I said, I always see Splatterhouse as a violent brawler rather than a horror game
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

BoneofMalkav wrote: Creeps me out too, More then likely it's the lack of a soundtrack. Surprises me it doesn't use any of the soundtracks from 1 through 3
The old demo did, but the loops drove me nuts. I turned them off and realized it was really scary feeling like you're actually inside the splatterhouse world, so I pushed for atmosphere instead. That's why I put in so many areas where you're literally feeling around in the dark, unsure if you're alone (not as effective now, though - gzdoom refuses to make sectors pitch black like it used to, even on the darkest settings).

It also forces you to use your ears to detect threats and such, too. Drives me nuts when I see youtubers blasting heavy metal while playing it. They don't hear doors opening or nearby monsters approaching, and miss other things they wouldn't miss if they'd played it properly. Things as simple as the sound cue when you switch off the bloodfalls in E2M2: the waterfall sound goes away and is replaced with dripping. If you don't catch that, you have no idea what the switch just did.
whirledtsar

Post by whirledtsar »

ImpieTwo wrote: Also yeah, you gotta manage the stamina and will items carefully cos you absorb them to the touch. If you have a habit of instinctively devouring any item you see, you won't last long.
Ah, fair enough.

I found a little bug in E2M4 - a glass breaking sound plays and enemies fall from the ceiling but these stained glass textures don't change.

https://i.imgur.com/EG1Qt8Q.png
ImpieTwo

Post by ImpieTwo »

fluffyshambler wrote:
ImpieTwo wrote: Also yeah, you gotta manage the stamina and will items carefully cos you absorb them to the touch. If you have a habit of instinctively devouring any item you see, you won't last long.
Ah, fair enough.

I found a little bug in E2M4 - a glass breaking sound plays and enemies fall from the ceiling but these stained glass textures don't change.

https://i.imgur.com/EG1Qt8Q.png
GAH! I screwed up when I changed some sector and line tags. Thanks for pointing this out so I can fix it. Should work now.
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Will there be no two-by-four? It's not a Splatterhouse game without the two-by-four.

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”