[v2.0] The Adventures of Square: EPISODE 2: GALACTIC LUNACY

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: [v2.0] The Adventures of Square: EPISODE 2: GALACTIC LUN

Post by Jimmy »

Two bits of exciting news from Bigbrik Games: we now have an official public Discord server for The Adventures of Square, and a Mapper's Development Kit has now been put together for Episodes 1 and 2 to make it easier for you to make your own maps!

Official Discord Server

Square Episode 1 & 2 MDK (Revision 1)

Do note that The Adventures of Square is a game currently in development, which means that things could be changing internally with each release. Keep in mind that our progress in development could break your mod or map. We accept no responsibility if this happens, but we'll do our best to inform people of major changes.

Thanks and happy mapping! See you on the Discord.
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/ Manjaro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by TDRR »

So, i just modded Square to be Zandro-compatible, the problem is, i don't know if i should post a link to it here or it would be more adequate to make it on it's own thread, i think not since the changes are really minor, or if i should even release it because keeping up with the sometimes massive updates will be a nightmare :? .
TDRR
Operating System Version (Optional): Debian 12/ Manjaro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

The Adventures of Square: EPISODE 2: ELECTRIC BOGALOO

Post by TDRR »

https://mega.nz/#!KEAkCaza!Ac9vkjLB193V ... EF6QU3sHJg
Square for 1.8.6/Zandronum

There it is, it should run a teeny tiny bit faster than in the latest GZDoom build, and some 3D Floors are missing for some reason, but from what i have played this shouldn't stop you from finishing the game (Geometropolis might pose a problem, though) and you might get a unknown p-code error in GZDoom 1.8.6 and D-Touch, but this is because i'm using ConsoleCommand to set the aircontrol in Zandronum only (It has to be set to -1 because for some weird reason normal zandro aircontrol will cause you to lose speed).

Oh, and time attack mode doesn't work.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Some random issues I've noticed.

There's a part of that door that's not functional. Not a real problem but it tickles my OCD.

Gibs don't move with sectors, resulting in levitating drops when an enemy dies on an elevator.

Speaking of elevators -- there's a tiny sliver of untextured wall on the first map of the second episode. Line #3337.

In Queso Chasm, with a strafe-jump, you can go there from the first time you get "outside".

You can also go back with a more difficult strafe-jump, landing right at the ledge surrounding the stairs to the secret area.

The problem is that if you drop down from the dam wall to the other side, then you can't go back up and complete the level normally. And because you missed on activating the two pumps, you can't go back to the start area either, as the doors are still closed. You can still reach the switch to lower the molten cheese lava and reach the castle, though, so perhaps it's to be considered a speedrunning trick.
Speaking of castle, a fishtank spawner somewhere (perhaps in the exit corridor) would be appreciated to be able to go back and look for missed secrets/items/monsters before leaving the area.

Last issue, in the last level:

The fence in this part of the gauntlet isn't impassable. Lines #15882 and #15993.

A last screenshot, just for the fun:

This was quite frustrating!
Gez

Re: [v2.0] The Adventures of Square: EPISODE 2: GALACTIC LUNACY

Post by Gez »

I found the Circle of Evil's tragic backstory. They want revenge for the Squaring of Circleville.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”