Revenge of Evil: DooM 3 Tc for gzdoom (new update soon)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
jm2k7

Re: Revenge of Evil: DooM 3 Tc for gzdoom (demo released)

Post by jm2k7 »

Excellent MOD, very accomplished, it looks very good :woh: . By the way, there is a way to minimize the effect of jumping when walking, I think it is very exaggerated :stuppor: , I think they call it "step movement". If you manage to minimize it more so that it does not look so exaggerated, it would be fine.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

you mean the jump attack of some demons like imp, vulgar, cherub and maggot?
jm2k7

Post by jm2k7 »

I do not mean monsters. I mean the player.

The player feels that he is jumping.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

the player is not jumping, but i decreased the speed of him, also the fov was decreased a little, maybe that cause you that ilusion? try setting fov 120 on console
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Hi DOOMERO-21, can you make some other mirror sites for download please, since MEGA.NZ sucks on my end(or my ISP or something weird), never success to download any large files from that service now after they changed host location or something, just keep disconnect and then reducing the downloaded % like forever...I would try your mod but I just can't get it.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

PlayerLin wrote:Hi DOOMERO-21, can you make some other mirror sites for download please, since MEGA.NZ sucks on my end(or my ISP or something weird), never success to download any large files from that service now after they changed host location or something, just keep disconnect and then reducing the downloaded % like forever...I would try your mod but I just can't get it.

done... check the first post.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Thank you for make mirror links. :)
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

i released a new version, with a new episode called requiem of evil, check the first post.
Deybar_TECH
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Revenge of Evil: DooM 3 Tc for gzdoom (new update)

Post by Deybar_TECH »

no sabia que este mod de (doom3) se estaba actualizando. :o
ya que creo que lo descargue en el 2013.
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

Deybar_TECH wrote:no sabia que este mod de (doom3) se estaba actualizando. :o
ya que creo que lo descargue en el 2013.
se actualiza de vez en cuando y ya estoy trabajando en el episodio 3.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Greetings from Kinsie's Youtube Video! And yeah, i gotta say this mod looks really hard despite he played it on 3rd Difficulty, Marine. Some enemies like Mancubi and Bruiser deals heavy damage and just can kill you with few hit, so the Armor Points you have collected so far are almost useless. With all Respect, it's a good and detailed mod, but with hefty Flaws. But have you ever considered to lower the difficulty?
DOOMERO-21

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

play on gzdoom 3.3.2, for some reason the offsets of some visuals of the hud change. The difficulty is fair, mancubus and bruiser fireballs can be neutralized by the plasmagun so easily, also rocket launcher or bfg. That explain why i included those weapons so early. The grabber can return the fireballs and kill with one shot the owner of the fireball. This mod demand strategy. The supershotgun can kill with one shot to close range demons like archviles, revenants or cacodemons. And the bfg can kill 10 bruisers at the same time. The armor makes you invulnerable, but depending of the skill, you can lose a great ammount of armor. A minimal error could be lethal. So powerfull weapons, a great armor, your speed, need to be balanced with powerfull and aggressive demons.

pd: the skill only change the damage factor, try on recruit, is not a shame to play it on that skill.
Smedis2

Post by Smedis2 »

This is a bit of an excuse to make sure my account doesn't get nuked from post inactivity, but I wanted to leave some of my own thoughts on this mod.

This mod is very techincally sound, I will say for certain. It's a thing you have a big knack for. Sure the graphics are a bit janky looking, but the fact there's unique animation sequences for cutscenes (and there's a lot of them), while inflating the filesize a lot, is pretty damn cool and uncommon for a WAD. I can look past aesthetic things like the TTS voices and the grainy quasi-FMV sequences and whatnot because I generally find those things charming in a sort of way. It shows dedication, just without the actual resources. You clearly do at the very least having programming and map-designing (from a visual standpoint), at least talent. The actual proper game opening cutscene gives me vibes of an old DOS game with CD-streamed cutscenes, and it made me feel warm and fuzzy inside, even if unintentionally.

A few minor gripes before I get into the meat of this post are:
Spoiler:
Anyways, onto the main problems:
Spoiler:
I feel like this is a consistent problem throughout a decent amount of the stuff I've played from you. Neat technical stuff, boring, aggravating trial-and-error gameplay. I got this same feeling playing your Resident Evil mod. I don't think the extreme difficulty meant to be a "challenge". I honestly see it as masking short level lengths since it probably takes a long time to put it together, kind of like what Sunsoft would do with their later NES games. I appreciate the effort, but I probably won't touch it again.
DOOMERO-21

Re: Revenge of Evil: DooM 3 Tc for gzdoom (new update soon)

Post by DOOMERO-21 »

I will include a new update of this mod, a little less hard than the previous versions, but include a new level with the same mission system of map07.
jankespro12
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Revenge of Evil: DooM 3 Tc for gzdoom (new update soon)

Post by jankespro12 »

Can you Bring back the old health system from Old version of super doom 3?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”