[CANCEL] HeXen: The Land of the Serpent Riders(GZDoom/Zand)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
Taurustar

Re: [WIP] HeXen III: The Land of the Serpent Riders(GZDoom/Z

Post by Taurustar »

JadedLexi wrote:
Taurustar wrote:
JadedLexi wrote:I really like those screenshots. The only thing I had a problem with was the blue pillars here: http://hexentic.com/wp-content/uploads/ ... 290573.png
as I say the map is only finished in the layout thing... I still need to edit it, I've already considerate the idea to make a texture replacement in some areas so I'll keep in mind these pillars
Okay! This is definitely a project I'm looking forward to. :)
Ty man is really appreciated the support from people.

Map 93: Laos Observatory is done
Spoiler: Screenshots
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

More progress on the Secret Hub. Actually there's only one more map to finish it... Keep noticed because when the public release 2.0 is going to be release in a couple of days
Spoiler: Map92: Infinity Chappel
Conmeister

Post by Conmeister »

Good stuff mate! Keep the good work, really looking forward for next public beta.
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

SO THE DAY HAS FINALLY COME!!

After a couple of months since the last release I'm proud to announce the new Public beta release is up for everyone who wants to play it, it has a lot of new stuff that I'm going to explain in this post. but for those who are impatient in play it, there's a server in Zandronum provided by [HeXentic] that is the official server for HeXen 3 mod, it will be running the HeXen3 Public 2.0 wad.

http://hexentic.com/wads/HeXen3_PublicV2_0.wad

First of all I have to give some of acknowledges for the people who was being directly supporting this mod. the credits were added in this version so you can see the masters of HeXen 3

Changelog
  • Level Design
  • Zandronum bug in the 1st Hub that allows you to skip the Rusted Key in the Swamp of Torik in cooperative is fixed.
  • Shadow Caverns has an extra script when you pick the ring of fire
  • Chaos holder zone in Korax Fortress now is more easy to recognice, besides the zone was enhanced a little with better design
  • The hall near to the Inner Castle entry in the Korax Village was enhanced
  • Some textures were changed in Hub 2
  • The area near of Bell's guard was enhanced
  • The entry of Torik Citadel is now open

Game
  • Secret Hub was added
  • Burai Encounter
  • Even if Burai's encounter is optional, it will affect the ending of the final game, it also grants you the portal directly to Korax Fortress (Otherwise you will return to the South Tower after you finish the hub)
  • Designers Map was put as official map
  • 5th weapon was added to DarkKnight: "Serpent Riders Staff" it allows you to summon other dark knight to help you, if you are using the powered version it summons an invisible warrior
  • 5th Weapon was added to Monk: "Serpent Riders Staff" it allows you to summon a ghost to revive dead monsters, if you are using the powered version, it summon a wraith ghost that revives monsters but also attacks the enemy
  • 5th Weapon was added to Hermit: "Serpent Riders Staff" it allows you to summon a Elemental Bishop to help you, if you are using the powered version it summons 3 elemental wendigos (fire, poison and ice)
  • Monk ghosts now disappear after a little time (preventing the spamming that you can do in the first beta in cooperative)
  • Hermit 3rd weapon was replaced
  • Monk 3rd weapon was changed to a different weapon and moved to the 5th slot. Also new weapon was added to replace the 3rd slot
  • Melee weapons are fixed with their puffs and damage (Monk and Hermit are not done as weapon itself)
  • Taurustar Decorate was changed, now he attacks better

Graphics
  • Purple Mana sprites changed
  • Credits pic was added
  • Frame animations of some weapons were changed
  • Dark Knight weapon sprites are done.
Ichor

Post by Ichor »

Vegeta(dw) wrote:I hope you don't steal maps from Carnage Galore this time :lol:
You mean this?
Taurustar wrote:Image
Eh...I won't complain. It's not too bad looking there. Tons of mana though.
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

Yea he meant that map since is available in the old 2010 version... But yea in this year version the map has a lot of MP because you need it.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I'm playing this now and it's good so far, but I encountered a bug in the first hub.

Entering Heresiarch's temple from the orchard crashes the game.

Also...
Spoiler:
NVM the spoilered message. I found a way!
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

4thcharacter wrote:I'm playing this now and it's good so far, but I encountered a bug in the first hub.

Entering Heresiarch's temple from the orchard crashes the game.
Is the first time that I actually hear about that bug, but thanks for the info... I'll check it and fix in the 2.1 version
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

Also, this isn't complete yet? The later maps just send me to an original Hexen map with a different skybox.
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

4thcharacter wrote:Also, this isn't complete yet? The later maps just send me to an original Hexen map with a different skybox.
Actually there are only 11 maps(Map01 to Map11) + a secret hub with 5 maps(Map 90 to 93 and map00)... so from Map12 is normal to see the original HeXen maps, there still other 2 hubs unpublished yet
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

I want to try and pick up this Project from Taurustar if I can, I and my partner are working on a deal to take over as director on this project in the long term. Its up to Taurustar, andhe is always welcome to work with us. We put a little work on this project in with him, and he participated in A New World with us on our team, I'd like to lend a hand.
zombie_ryushu

Post by zombie_ryushu »

This map pack has continued development as simply: Hexen: Land of the Serpent Riders for Wrath of Cronos. I plan on posting a new forum thread on this, it is practically a completely different mod almost.
Conmeister

Post by Conmeister »

Hello, I've been contributing with this project for a while since Taurustar has been pretty busy with IRL stuff (and still is). The day where he comes back still remains uncertain so that leaves up to me for the time being. Aside from that, I made good amount of progress and most importantly planned a lot of things to improve this project than what it turned out in May 2018. Yes it's still alive, but the development is pretty slow at times depending on how things are turning out, the amount of free time I have and working on the project by myself than with Taurustar. I hope things will be better eventually.

Changes so far:
-The awful custom classes from the past release is gone, the original classes are back
-4th class has been added which it's Sidhe/Corvus from Heretic
-Removed HeXen HQ Sounds (It's really unnecessarily to include it in the first place)
-The mod is in pk3 format than WAD
-Cleaned up a bunch of things (Probably not done entirely but I'll look for more later)
-The original classes received some of the changes to their arsenal just to increase it's effectiveness a bit more (and some other slight changes here and there)
-Slowly adding alt-fires (only 1 or 2 if either sounds good enough), and tome of power for all 4 weapons with each class but I'm pretty much out of ideas for both of them which I will need help for that
-Finalized Heretic and Hexen beastiary (except the bosses and possibly other things I may have missed or wanting to mess around with). Hexen 2 is almost but there's still a few missing monsters which is Yakmans (3 variants), and Fallen Angels (plus the lord variant)
-Various custom textures and props have been added in the file, though I may look for more. (Yes, I updated the credits list in a separate file)
-Removed some custom monsters that is either a push-over or not satisfied with it
-1st hub is slightly improved (But it's nowhere close to be final though)

I could list more but I feel like that will be for later if things are going well. Considering I'm attempting to go in the right path with this mod, Do you have any suggestions about anything you can think of or thoughts about the whole thing? Feel free to do so because I really would like to know. Every bit of support is appreciated. If your also wondering about another release, only time will tell.

EDIT: One more thing, should the III/3 be taken out and name the rest something more logical/reasonable than calling it a unofficial sequel?
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

Well, it's been a while since I posted here about this project. I must say something about my long inactivity because of personal stuff and job stuff, but I guess I will go straight to the point

Hexen The Land of the Serpent Riders IS CANCELED

I must say a couple of things about this, even if the mod doesn't have the big popularity that I intended or the reception I wanted, this project has a lot of effort of my part, almost doing all by myself. I must appreciate the help from people like Conmeister or Madcat, people who really got interested in the project as it was and helped me a lot with optimization, new enemies, new features, etc. I must say that I was happy and content even with the buggy version of 2010 and the more polished but not perfect version of 2018.

What Happened?
Trying to be the most precise possible, at some point after the release of the first two hubs and the secret hub in 2018. Some part of the people who wanted to help doesn't like the directions of the project so they instead of quitting the project, decided to create their "own" fork. I'm actually very aware of the people who are making The Land of the Serpent Riders with Wrath of Chronos, also revealing the unreleased stuff. Even with that, they started to modify the entire lore and objective of the mod. I don't and won't support them especially because of their attitude. Basically, taking over a project that they wanted to help, but doesn't like the directions. I tried to be friendly and get at some point an agreement but honestly, I must say that didn't work.

If you want to know a more detailed story about what happened I suggest you to go to the ModDB post

So what now?
Well, I cancel this until who knows I decide to make it again. At the moment, I'll bring up my content to me and start a new project which I will be commenting on once I reach some release point. On the other hand, I'm aware that LotSR development will continue with this "new fork" now "Without game breaking puzzles and without bugs and sadly narrative" (even if I give them the point of the narrative and some gameplay bugs with the class system) but they won't represent the original idea, and will be a mod stolen because they don't like my idea at all.
PlayerLin
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: XinZhuang, XinBei/New Taipei City(Former Taipei County), Taiwan.

Post by PlayerLin »

Sad to see this mod just went dead like this with "idea-stolen" drama...too bad.

Still, good luck with your next project. :)

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”