[CANCEL] HeXen: The Land of the Serpent Riders(GZDoom/Zand)

Projects that have specifically been abandoned or considered "dead" get moved here, so people will quit bumping them. If your project has wound up here and it should not be, contact a moderator to have it moved back to the land of the living.
toxicbits

Re: [WIP] HeXen III: The Land of the Serpent Riders(GZDoom/Z

Post by toxicbits »

Why should I put it on Github? I mean, actually is a HeXen mod, so I have the plan to publish it on ModDB and also it will be on TSPG website where I'm running testing servers now. you just will be able to open with Slade/DoomBuilder or whichever tool that you like and check the stuff.
It could provide an additional way to follow the development and facilitate drive-by contributions.
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

toxicbits wrote:
It could provide an additional way to follow the development and facilitate drive-by contributions.
Uhmmm I still don't get it the point, but I could do that, I can just put the wad over there and see what happens, at the moment I'm having help with other people doing Maps and Decorate stuff, I guess for now I'm good of Mappers, but I still need to improve the Weapons quality, specially the sprites. not only weapon sprites, Classes also need to have better sprites.
Zan

Post by Zan »

Looks really cool, keep it up!
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

I finished the Temple of Alquimia, here are the other zones that I haven't post yet..
Spoiler:
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

Map 20: "Dark Castle"
Spoiler:
With this the mod is almost 50% complete in maps... I still need to do more maps and also some fixing with the decorate (Specially new classes), If someone is interested in help Please I need it... at the moment, Hubs 2 and 4 are completed, the final part will be a series of different maps that aren't a hub but are part of the same cluster...
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

Hi

I had a really busy week in my job but now I can show something here hehehe

This video is the fight in the real map with the Serpent Rider D'sparil. Also it shows how Monk class is (with also his powered weapons).

I've also:
  • D'sparil now has more chance to teleport and attack when he has low health
  • D'sparil can summon now Taurustar Disciples, D'sparil Disciples and Dark bishops as I show in the last video.
  • D'sparil is not Stealth anymore, but it has traslucency and also he has +GHOST flag (so, some attacks won't work on him)
  • New sounds were added to the game
  • Dynamic Lights were added in some weapons projectiles and also in the new monsters projectiles or states
  • Some of the Heretic Monsters were added (Golem, NitroGolem, D'sparil Disciple, Saberclaw and Ophidian)
  • I've changed the Hermit class 2nd Weapon from "Infested Bow" to "Ethereal Crossbow", both uses Blue mana
  • I've fixed the damage done by weapons, specially with the 4th weapons of classes, also I fixed the ammount of mana that they use/give
Also here are some pictures of Map02 Dark Cavern. Level made by GG_Fritog
Spoiler: These were taken in GZDoom
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

Hi

Sorry for the inactivity, but I've been really busy on this and my job...

But it makes the rewards... I'll show you 2 maps now:
Spoiler: Map21: Portal Place
Spoiler: Map 22: Some place of Pathoris - This is an Enhanced version of the E1M1 of Heretic
Last edited by Taurustar on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
4thcharacter

Post by 4thcharacter »

I should check this subforum more often. I'm liking everything here so far and I look forward in playing it once it's done. Nice job!l
Conmeister

Post by Conmeister »

Although, I've known HeXen series for a while. It's sad that the whole series have died off since raven software cares about other things nowadays. I did notice this project for about 4 years ago when it died off around 2012. But when I see it's back online and more progress going on, I'm actually happy about it. Seriously tho, I really like where this project is going, keep it up man! :D
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

Thanks for the support guys, also I've fixed the images on the spoilers, now can be seen better (Zdoom forum doesn't like too much the 1360 x 768 res)

I'll keep the work and I hope I can fulfill your expectations... :)
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

Hi

Here are some info and progress so far now... I've tested the mod in the last couple of days online in Zandronum, and I realized some stuff (same as test it singleplayer on Zandro and GZDoom)
  • For any strange reason, Texture Scale doesn't work in Zandronum Online (it makes the textures look with the normal scale instead of the scale that I set, This problem doesn't happen in Zandronum singleplayer and GZDoom, but I have a problem if the scale is negative in GZDoom)
  • Same as texture scale, Floor panning and Floor Rotation has some issues on GZDoom (And Zandronum Online), at the moment I've been trying to figure making more tests, but I've seen that some cases that doesn't work correctly and in others work very well.
With this in mind probably I'll guide my efforts in focusing only in one of these engines and try to fix whatever problem or whatever akward effect on there.

Ok, now some little progress in the new map, I'm progressing really slow because I'm trying to make it similar as possible, I hope I will get some really good result at the end of this map.
Spoiler: Map23: Thyrion Blacksmarsh - HeXen II King's Court Replica
Vegeta(dw)

Post by Vegeta(dw) »

I hope you don't steal maps from Carnage Galore this time :lol:

Some proper new monsters would be great, these for realm are over used. I hope that at least you change the behavior.

I have a full Eidolon sprite set, I think I should upload it. It comes in two versions, both from a modified Maulothaur.
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

Vegeta(dw) wrote:I hope you don't steal maps from Carnage Galore this time :lol:

Some proper new monsters would be great, these for realm are over used. I hope that at least you change the behavior.

I have a full Eidolon sprite set, I think I should upload it. It comes in two versions, both from a modified Maulothaur.

Hi vegeta, it's been a long time

About that Carnage Galore Stealing, I just used as reference, is not that hard to copy that style of hall, in fact there is a zone in other map that is inspired in that mod too...

About the monsters of Realm667 Unfortunatelly I don't have enough people to make more sprites to make more monsters, even Rolls is helping me now with the Weapon sprites and probably I will ask him more help in that aspect

I have an Eidolon sprites made by a guy who's helping me (Madcat) and the one from an old one that looks like has been ripped directly from the model of HeXen2

Regards
RockstarRaccoon

Post by RockstarRaccoon »

Wow, super interested in this. I should probably go find those files from that ZHexen stuff I was working on: you could probably use some of the puzzle code and new enemy variants...

Interested in Crossbow Ettins and Underwater Stalkers?

You might also want to talk to Rolls, as he's really into making resources for this sort of thing.

Edit: Please use my Stained Glass Window stuff! Your Korax world could definitely benefit from using the Korax and Heresiarch windows, and the double-wide ones are certainly something you'll want! :D
http://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/te ... ss-windows
Last edited by RockstarRaccoon on Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taurustar

Post by Taurustar »

RockstarRaccoon wrote:Wow, super interested in this. I should probably go find those files from that ZHexen stuff I was working on: you could probably use some of the puzzle code and new enemy variants...

Interested in Crossbow Ettins and Underwater Stalkers?

You might also want to talk to Rolls, as he's really into making resources for this sort of thing.

Edit: Please use my Stained Glass Window stuff! You could definitely benefit from using the Korax and Heresiarch windows in your Korax world! :D
http://www.realm667.com/index.php/en/te ... ss-windows

Hi, thanks for the interest

Underwater stalkers?? wow that sounds cool and very useful to me in some parts that I have underwater stuff.
I'm working with Rolls in the mod right now.

About stained glass, I've seen them on the Realm667, but I didn't realize that it has Korax windows... I definetly use it. I really appreciate your offer and I'll ofc put you in the credits for stuff that you would like to collaborate to this mod.

Regards

Return to “Abandoned/Dead Projects”