Page 5 of 38

Re: Iron Tusks Heretic - Diablo 3D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:22 pm
by cortlong50
hell yeah, im stoked on this and having a ton of fun...its a little different to get used to but im having a good time. just add shit loads of weapons hahaha...diablo had a lot of weapons right?

edit: just snagged the first weapon and this mod went from "this is tight" to "fuck yes"

Re: Iron Tusks Heretic - Diablo 3D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 2:14 pm
by irontusk341
Just let me know of any bugs you find, that way i can patch them before i release beta Version 0.8 tomorrow. Thanks ;)

Re: Iron Tusks Diablo 3D Beta 0.8 RELEASED!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:35 am
by irontusk341
this is the biggest update to date, contains many bugfixes, episode 4 and 5 (diablo 2's act 3 and 4) are done, Classes in the menu have been renamed, the difficulty level names match that of the diablo series, the names of weapons, armor, and some items when picked up now match the diablo series unique items.

0.8 Beta test here......
http://www.mediafire.com/file/clp33fvuy ... 20V0.8.rar

README & Changelog

Spoiler:


screenshots

Spoiler:

Re: Iron Tusks Heretic - Diablo 3D

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:52 pm
by Void Weaver
irontusk341 wrote:Thanks again! Spasibo! 8-)

As promised, i put up the new credits. :)
Pojalusta. :) But would be fair if you have add Ogodei to credits too, because without his work we are hasn't got de-shaded D1 sprites in close times.

irontusk341 wrote:Curious, Were you able to convert Mephisto and Diablo into sprites?
No for Meph and conditionally yes for Di and Baal.
A new bundle of sprites have arrived. Hope what I'll have done D1_Diablo sprites at the next week.

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - BETA 0.8 is OUT NOW!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 7:49 pm
by irontusk341
Thanks for the sprites to you guys, if theres no decorate scripts, creating them from scratch could take awhile....

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - BETA 0.8 is OUT NOW!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:17 am
by Void Weaver
I had tried tonight D3D v0.8.
Unfortunately, the game deadstucked at e1m6\9 with a massive warnings\errors log as result. So I can't reach e1m7 nor through common gameplay nor with BrutalEffects noclip run:
Spoiler:
_D3D v0.8_ERROR LOG.txt

So I'll write about what I saw before e1m7.
1. Since you pushed away weapons from early levels (and I consider thas as a good thing), you should to remove from the maps blue and combined mana before m3 and green mana before e1m7\m9.
2. Zombies\Fallens\FShamans have a bad corpse offsets; also direction of their last frames of corpse sprites should be setted to 0.
3.
14. Rare weapon drops now work on bosses as they should.
Has never seen nothing similar, at least at the end of e1m6\m9.
4. If the Hell Knights have the same size as shown in your 0.8 video, then their size apparently should be increased, because now they are looks just as tiny dwarfs. Too small. :lol:
5. I think what you should have left only one way at e1m9 - remove Wings OR remove ledge along the wall. This isn't significantly but nonetheless.
6. Are some old texture glitches should be fixed:
Spoiler: texture glitches

7. In e1m9 has noticed a strange thing - the map count extra 55 enemies as living.
Image
Extra monsters bug

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - BETA 0.8 is OUT NOW!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:58 pm
by irontusk341
Void Weaver wrote:I had tried tonight D3D v0.8.
Unfortunately, the game deadstucked at e1m6\9 with a massive warnings\errors log as result. So I can't reach e1m7 nor through common gameplay nor with BrutalEffects noclip run:
Spoiler:
_D3D v0.8_ERROR LOG.txt

So I'll write about what I saw before e1m7.
1. Since you pushed away weapons from early levels (and I consider thas as a good thing), you should to remove from the maps blue and combined mana before m3 and green mana before e1m7\m9.
2. Zombies\Fallens\FShamans have a bad corpse offsets; also direction of their last frames of corpse sprites should be setted to 0.
3.
14. Rare weapon drops now work on bosses as they should.
Has never seen nothing similar, at least at the end of e1m6\m9.
4. If the Hell Knights have the same size as shown in your 0.8 video, then their size apparently should be increased, because now they are looks just as tiny dwarfs. Too small. :lol:
5. I think what you should have left only one way at e1m9 - remove Wings OR remove ledge along the wall. This isn't significantly but nonetheless.
6. Are some old texture glitches should be fixed:
Spoiler: texture glitches

7. In e1m9 has noticed a strange thing - the map count extra 55 enemies as living.
Image
Extra monsters bug


0.9 should fix the issue with texture on E1M6. As for the DiabloSC errors, it seems to be random, and while it does have a tendency to occur, sometimes reloading the save does get rid of it (as a temporary workaround)
the extra monsters bug is possibly due to the monster boss when he temporarily disappears and shoots his wraith at you. There is no workaround for it at this moment, if there is i will update accordingly. I did find a bug in E2M8 and E3M3 where you are unable to exit the level due to floor not lowering (without kitty cheat). Those will be fixed on 0.9 as well. I have been adding some more variety such as a Diseased rat (Giant Rat Variant) that deals poison damage, and is resistant to fire and immune to poison damage, it was easy to make because i just copied the decorate script and pasted it and changing 1 letter at the beginning to correspond with the duplicate sprite textures (with the letter change).

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - BETA 0.8 is OUT NOW!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:10 pm
by Void Weaver
irontusk341 wrote:As for the DiabloSC errors, it seems to be random, and while it does have a tendency to occur, sometimes reloading the save does get rid of it (as a temporary workaround)
Yeah, I have read changelog, but you misunderstood me. In MY case I can't reach e1m7 by neither way: reloading, restart, a new game - is nothing help. Any class on any difficulty always get stuck in front of e1m7. As soon as I enter into exit teleport (m6\m9) the game begin long intensive "loading" of next map but it always ends of gzdoom crush with the same error log after ~4 minutes of loading. ((

irontusk341 wrote:the extra monsters bug is possibly due to the monster boss when he temporarily disappears and shoots his wraith at you. There is no workaround for it at this moment, if there is i will update accordingly.
I had the same thoughts; I did test it again and can totally confirm this.
BUT.
Since your "Na-Krul" actor strongly based on the famous "Shadow Beast" then maybe you should to compare their DECORATEs, because Thetis's Shadow Beasts from "wrathofcronosdoompatch2.pk3" doesn't cause to increase extra killcount, despite they can spawn hordes of ghosts by the similar way.

A you planned to imply a some system for player informing about enemies resistances\immunities? Forex like as in Di1 (info revealing per kill count of specific monsters), or just write in resistances info into health bars from the outset.

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - BETA 0.9 is OUT NOW!!

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 9:39 am
by irontusk341
The Diablo 3D Project has a new release V0.9 Beta.. However there may still be some bugs if you find them, PLEASE *let me know*. But all 6 Episodes (Diablo 1 + Diablo 2's Acts 1-5) are finished.

*ALL files in RAR have seen updates, including the soundtrack, texture pack, brutal effects.

Many issues present in 0.8 were fixed including texture bugs, and action tag bugs and DiabloSC error messages.

Known Issues: Duriel may disappear during fight, brutal Effects may lag on slower machines, especially on the "Not So Cow Level" If you have a slower machine, please erase the brutal effects.pk3 in the Batch file "Irontusk's Diablo 3D.bat."

To run, Use GZDOOM 2.2, and click on the Irontusks Diablo 3D.Bat file.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/8xdce88db ... 20V0.9.rar

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - BETA 0.9 is OUT NOW!!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 4:16 am
by SallazarSpellcaster
Hello.

The v0.9 Beta file seems to be damaged, or improperly packaged. After downloading and trying to open it with 7zip, it produces the error "Can't be opened as a file"

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - BETA 0.9 is OUT NOW!!

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 10:33 pm
by Void Weaver
irontusk341 wrote:The Diablo 3D Project has a new release V0.9 Beta
I very glad to see that you still do work on it.
Btw, I have a lot of good news for you too.
First of, I had found a way to extract D2 complex sprites (Diablo, Meph, Baal, etc.), yay! Just a some sneak-peak:
Spoiler:

The second one, is a fact that I has spend a most time on a some DECORATE practice... So I made a few boss-actors (Diablo1_Diablo, Diablo2_Diablo and Butcher) with lot of classic abilities and tricky behaviour, but I polish its sprites now and I'll publish them later:
Diablo1
Spoiler:

Diablo2
Spoiler:

Butcher (not so simple as you might think ;))
Spoiler:

irontusk341 wrote:Known Issues: Duriel may disappear during fight
Code: Select allExpand view
DUAR FGHIJ 2
Goto [b]Ready[/b]
Just replace "Ready" on "See" here and delete the second "Goto Ready" line. Then Duriel will acts correct, I guarantee it. ) But anyway he's sux, since lack of any abilities and AI. /I thought what you will write decorate for him actually. :|/

2SallazarSpellcaster: Looks that problem at your side, señor. Just right now I has successfully unpack it with 7-zip (v.18.05). Try to get the last version of archiver and\or re-download mod pack - maybe it has been damaged during downloading.

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - BETA 0.9 is OUT NOW!!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:32 am
by irontusk341
Void Weaver wrote:
irontusk341 wrote:The Diablo 3D Project has a new release V0.9 Beta
I very glad to see that you still do work on it.
Btw, I have a lot of good news for you too.
First of, I had found a way to extract D2 complex sprites (Diablo, Meph, Baal, etc.), yay! Just a some sneak-peak:
Spoiler:

The second one, is a fact that I has spend a most time on a some DECORATE practice... So I made a few boss-actors (Diablo1_Diablo, Diablo2_Diablo and Butcher) with lot of classic abilities and tricky behaviour, but I polish its sprites now and I'll publish them later:
Diablo1
Spoiler:

Diablo2
Spoiler:

Butcher (not so simple as you might think ;))
Spoiler:

irontusk341 wrote:Known Issues: Duriel may disappear during fight
Code: Select allExpand view
DUAR FGHIJ 2
Goto [b]Ready[/b]
Just replace "Ready" on "See" here and delete the second "Goto Ready" line. Then Duriel will acts correct, I guarantee it. ) But anyway he's sux, since lack of any abilities and AI. /I thought what you will write decorate for him actually. :|/

2SallazarSpellcaster: Looks that problem at your side, señor. Just right now I has successfully unpack it with 7-zip (v.18.05). Try to get the last version of archiver and\or re-download mod pack - maybe it has been damaged during downloading.


Duriel has been fixed... added 3 separate batch files for each version to try from Regular, to no brutal effects, to Lite version. Regular version includes HD textures as well as HQ sounds and brutal effects, The no brutal effects does what it says, and the lite just has the barebones minimum, no HD Textures, no HQ sound, and no brutal effects. Download link has been updated in Original post.

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - BETA 0.9B is OUT NOW!!

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 10:10 am
by Void Weaver
That's a good tweak, but I still hope that you will add else 3 different packs for downloading, since it still a quite massive for 1 pack.

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - OFFICIAL RELEASE V1.1

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:45 pm
by irontusk341
Void Weaver wrote:That's a good tweak, but I still hope that you will add else 3 different packs for downloading, since it still a quite massive for 1 pack.


Yes... There is a lite pack, and a Full Pack to chose from.. The Lite pack does not contain brutal effects, the HD Textures, or the HQ sounds... The Full pack contains everything.

Let me know if you find any problems.

Re: Iron Tusks - Diablo 3D - OFFICIAL RELEASE V1.1

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 6:13 am
by Cherno
Hello, thank you for creating this mod/TC. I started playing as the Rogue and wonder when I will find any other weapons? I'm stuck with the machete/dagger the whole time.
Also, I am stuck after opening the green door in level 1. I can't seem to find the blue key and there are no switches I can see.